5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!
The second half of season 4 brings back characters thought dead and kills fan favorites and the commentary is brilliant through and through! Action! Adventure! Prom!
Venture Brothers is my favorite show hands down.
Published 8 months ago by mfjoker

3.0 out of 5 stars BArebones Set With Awesome Show
Venture Bros alone is worth the money. This is a great show, and though this is the weakest season yet...its still worth owning and packs lots of variety and gags. The problem is that this Blu Ray set is unlike the previous dvd box sets or the blu ray season 3 package. There is no reading materials, no cardboard box and no cool disk menus (like the atari inspired one or...
Published on March 26 2011 by Mike Petel

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, Nov. 25 2013
This review is from: Venture Bros. Season 4, Vol. 2 (DVD)
Venture Brothers is my favorite show hands down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Team Venture, Sept. 25 2013
Geordie A. "G.A." (Victoria, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Venture Bros. Season 4, Vol. 2 (DVD)
While I would have preferred a unified Season 4, I can't wait till Season 5 & 6 hit DVD.
Go team Venture

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Show That Just Keeps Getting Better, April 5 2013
Theo (Australia) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Venture Bros. Season 4, Vol. 2 (DVD)
First, you should know that it is now possible to purchase The Complete Season 4 on Blu-ray. That said, now here's my review:

The Venture Bros. is that rarest of all beasts: a great show that actually improves with each subsequent season. Perhaps the thing I love most is that the characters do genuinely grow as people, as does our understanding of them. And just for once, no, that isn't merely a euphemistic way of saying that they learn the same tired old lessons about caring and sharing we have rammed down our throats in so many other shows. No. The characters in the Venture Bros. really do develop into more complex and interesting people. Horribly, deeply flawed people, but people nonetheless. People that we genuinely want to get to know better. People that, for all their faults, we may find that we have even come to like.

Parallel with this, the show's internal universe (the "Ventureverse" if I may) likewise grows into a more complex and interesting place. Fundamentally, this is a show that satirises the adventure comics and cartoons that so many of us grew up with - Johnny Quest in particular. The satire we find in the Venture Bros. is by turns cutting, affectionate, and even brutal, but always devastatingly spot on. Indeed, given that Cartoon Network actually has the rights to the Johnny Quest franchise, Johnny Quest himself, now fully grown up and profoundly traumatised by his bizarre upbringing, has regularly made guest appearances throughout this series. So it is fitting then that just like the shows it parodies, over time the Venture Bros. has developed its own extensive internal cosmology and pantheon of players. Here again, one of the things I love most about this series is that even the bit players emerge as credible, memorable people with their own agendas and stories. None are merely throwaway cardboard cutouts.

It is also interesting to compare the current generation of [adult swim] cartoons with the one that preceded it. The humor in Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Sealab 2021, for example, often stems from the characters being so absolutely selfish as to qualify as literally psychopathic. Similarly so for Robot Chicken. By contrast, in shows like the Venture Bros., things are less cut and dried. The characters are certainly not saints; in fact, to borrow a line I used in an earlier review I wrote for season one of Archer, "the characters are all selfish, petty, and utterly and completely venal: the three great ingredients from which comedy is made". This is not quite so true of the Venture Bros. as it is of Archer, but it is true enough nonetheless. But at the same time, we are no longer dealing primarily with characters entirely devoid of compassion or humanity. They may, to varying degrees, actively dislike and even resist their own tendency towards basic human empathy, but they are no longer simply psychopaths. The brutal abstract craziness of the older generation of shows is not entirely lost. Rather, we might say that much like the eponymous Venture brothers themselves, it has emerged from childhood and at least begun the process of integrating itself into a more complex and more fully grown up world.

Finally, no review of the Venture Bros. could be considered complete without mentioning this show's gloriously retro sense of style. Once again the show has much in common with Archer in that it's impossible not to notice the jet-age aesthetic. But whereas in Archer this comes across simply of a pop-art homage to the shows that inspired it, and which it in turn parodies, in the Venture Bros. the chosen aesthetic is far more of a two-edged sword. On the one hand, the show's creators clearly have a genuine affection for the style they affect, even as they mock its absurdities (try searching for images of Doc Hammer on the web sometime and check out his wardrobe). At the same time, in the Venture Bros., unlike Archer, we are very much aware that we are in a world that has moved on since this form of modernism was indeed modern. Concord-like aircraft and cheesy 1970s-style wood panelling become emblematic of a generation of inheritors; or dare I say, of two such generations. Of characters who have not built upon what they were given, but rather, have presided over its decline.

And so we end where we began: with the characters. Deeply flawed, deeply human. But if we ourselves are to take away any lesson at all from this series, it should perhaps be simply this: Tragically flawed as we all might be, it may yet be possible for us too to go forth into this no less flawed and no less tragic world of ours and have some ripping adventures of our own.

Go team Venture!

Theo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Venture bros is a great show!, March 14 2013
John Antoine "Jantoine" (Winnipeg, Manitoba, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Venture Bros. Season 4, Vol. 2 (DVD)
Funny, awesome characters, and reaslly easy to get into. I've recommended this show to all of my friends who are willing to watch it with me! (They've all liked it too!).

4.0 out of 5 stars Complete 4th Season, Feb. 13 2013
First let me say that this is the Complete 4th Season of "The Venture Bros." despite what amazon.ca says, if you search the ASIN on any other Amazon website it shows the complete 4th season as well.
And now for the show: I love the Venture Bros. and its brand of humor and that's what you get with this season. The disc felt a little short on special features and that's why I'm only giving this 4/5, But it did come with an expired coupon for a website that no longer exists so i guess that's a plus?

5.0 out of 5 stars This show is great, and it's even better on blue-ray!, Oct. 22 2011
I can't say much more than what is in the title. If you have seen this show, you know what it is aboot, and if you haven't you should start off at season one and work from there. The Blue-Ray is great because of the higher definition, and it does make a big difference in quality over my seasons 1-3 DVDs. Being uncencored adds a little zip over the aired on tv versions. Great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars HAHA Venturetastic, May 6 2011
This review is from: Venture Bros. Season 4, Vol. 2 (DVD)
This is my favorite show of the last 5 years bar none!
It is funny, stupid, rude and all that good stuff!
Thanks Doc and team keep up the fantastic work!
Love the prom episode a new level of classic!

5.0 out of 5 stars In love with the Venture Bros., April 22 2011
If it were legal I would totally marry the Venture Bros. I laugh so much that milk squirts out of my nose. Strange because I don't even drink milk. This blu-ray was probably the best single purchase I have ever made in my life. I would even say it is more satisfying than my Real Doll. I mean that exactly how it sounds. The creators of this show are super - geniuses. They must have been bitten by a radioactive superman or something. Ever since purchasing season 4 of the Venture Bros, all I do is watch and rewatch the show. I don't go out anymore, I've gotten quite pale and thin. I don't think I even have a job anymore, but the sacrifice is all worth it. Go Team Venture!

4.0 out of 5 stars Prompt, Sept. 24 2011
This review is from: Venture Bros. Season 4, Vol. 2 (DVD)
Price was fair. Delivery was prompt . Product was excellent.It was very difficult to find this item in stores but Amazon had it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome service and Great shipping speed!, Aug. 2 2011
This review is from: Venture Bros. Season 4, Vol. 2 (DVD)
First, I would like to thank you for wrapping the gift. It was very well packaged and well handled. The shipping speed was excellent.

Venture Bros. Season 4, Vol. 2
Venture Bros. Season 4, Vol. 2 by Jon Schnepp (DVD - 2011)
CDN$ 29.98 CDN$ 22.45