5.0 out of 5 stars I love this camcorder
Before I decided to buy this pocket camera, I checked out 21 reviews and the ultra flip 3rd generation came out the winner.

I love the way it's easy to use. It does as it claims to do, that is take very good videos. The software program is easy to use. The stabilization component works very well and a great addition. The price is good.

You can't...
Published on Dec 29 2010 by bee

3.0 out of 5 stars It's easy to use
I like its simplicity. However the view screen is small and it doesn't come with a stand so that's a product cash grab.
Published on May 9 2011 by A. D. Di Mondo

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this camcorder, Dec 29 2010
This review is from: Flip UltraHD Video Camera - Black, 8 GB, 2 Hours (3rd Generation) NEWEST MODEL (Electronics)

You can't take pictures with it but you can take a picture out of the video.
I've been using it for the past month now almost everyday and I still haven't had to recharge it.

I have no problem to tell my family and friends to buy this pocket camcorder f they want a small camcorder.

5.0 out of 5 stars use every chance I get and t he kids love it!, Dec 5 2013
takes grear photos, excellent video and is all round a neat camera, sound quality is great as well. the only sad part was the battery cover will not close properly and I do not know how to fix.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely worth every penny, Feb. 6 2011
I was a little skeptical before purchasing this camera. But after buying it and using it on a recent Cuba vacation I have to say I love this product. I was looking for a small camera that would be super easy to use and would fit in my pocket while offering great video quality. I'm very impressed with video quality and sound. In fact I just showed a few recorded videos to some friends and they could not believe such a small camera could produce HD video. Yes its only 720p but quality is fantastic. Battery life is good, camera feels nice in your hand, it has a rubber'ized coating which makes it look less plastic like. Zoom feature is decent, although gets shaky with high zoom. If you use zoom often you may be disappointed as this camera has limited zoom capabilities. I have Mac's at home, Flip software is good. Copying recorded video to computer is easy, even works well with Linux. I took my Ubuntu Linux netbook to Cuba and copied recorded videos to it daily. Camera storage is 2 hrs as advertised. Overall I would highly recommend this product. The only item I wish was included is a charger. Although its easy to charge with any USB equipped computer, but I have to remember to bring my netbook. However it does accept AAA batteries. Great camera love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent device for affordable cost, Jan. 11 2011
Lisa (Toronto, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
I'm extremely impressed by the usability of the device and it holds up in all temperatures. The HD quality is superb. The only functionality I look forward to in future versions is to zoom in/out further than what is currently permitted. For the cost of the device, you can't go wrong.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing video in a light weight package, March 15 2011
I really loved this camera. I use it everyday and love that it fits in my bag and is small and portable. It is not heavy and takes video in 720p with image stabilization so it is like looking through a window not a video camera :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars petit, léger, à emporter partout !!, July 1 2011
Très bon camescope, images nettes et précises, facilité de transport dans une poche ou un sac à main. Rapport qualité prix top niveau. Pour optenir des images très stables il vaut mieux se munir d'un pied

4.0 out of 5 stars Flip Flips, June 17 2011
D. C. Reid (Canada) - See all my reviews
I bought the Flip Ultra, 3rd generation, for work use.

It certainly is very easy to use.

When you first set up the time/calendar and so on, take your time, as it is easy to jump through and leave a mistake. I could not find a way back into it.

It is best to be stationary and using a one foot 'tripod' as hand shake definitely is an issue if you are moving. I used the Flip in a boat, and at speed, the image skipped, making all what I shot unusable - except for extracting stills. I use this for a work purpose as I write for magazines and do e-pubs.

My camera's on/off button broke on the second day of use, so not so good. On the other hand, when I phoned Flip to see about the camera being replaced for what I considered a manufacturing defect, the person worked me through the text steps - quite simple, do have some AAA batteries on hand - then directed me back to Amazon for a replacement camera.

Amazon shipped it to me by courier in three days from the date of the phone call to Flip. It was so quick, I had packed the defective Flip, but had not yet got it to a post box. So outstanding on replacement.

The install process was simple, something I like as I am a technopeasant, the charge process was too, however, you should support the flip as the usb port flips from the side and once plugged into your computer (you charge in the computer) the flip hangs from it.

The image upload function is simple and worked perfectly. I had the odd thing happen that I ended up with double copies of every clip I took before the on/off button broke: 43X2. I checked sending video to people, to facebook, to Twitter and they all worked well, and very easily. You can see some of them on catchsalmonbc.com.

The new version I tested while driving and had no image skip. Perhaps it was the boat banging in the open Pacific waves that made it skip - of the first one I got has more than one defect. The colour is good, the definition is good, the editing is a breeze. Gee, I'm talking myself up into 4 stars. And you can string different clips together to make a movie. You can delete the soundtrack and add a music background. All steps are easy. Having seen a professional movie editing program being manipulated, I would recommend using this machine instead. It is like all new technology: it just keeps getting simpler.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's easy to use, May 9 2011
A. D. Di Mondo (Brampton, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality video -- very easy to use., Sept. 9 2011
I bought this along with the waterproof case so that I could take videos of my swimming stroke. I've used it that way, and also used it to take videos at sporting events. So far I'm very impressed. It's easy to use and easy to download the videos. Great deal for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Aug. 5 2011
Gerard Lafreniere "cd seeker" (Ottawa, ON. Canada) - See all my reviews
This video camera is excellent. The image is first rate. As a first time user I was very surprised at how easy it is to use. The software is great for first time users also and pretty much user friendly. I would recommend this product to first time users. Excellent device.