march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools

on July 11, 2012
I love this coffee maker-----it makes great tasting coffee which is actually hot!!!! Every other machine I have had made coffee that was never quite hot enough---always required a re-heat in the microwave. It is a great size for me,very compact on the countertop and a very attractive design. It also has an automatic shut-off (2 hr.). LOVE IT!!

I have now owned this coffee maker for 10 mos and it is broken ! The hinge attaching the plastic top has broken off and it is now a real problem to use. also, I will retract a statement from my former review, it does not keep the coffee as hot as I would like, so I often reheat it in the microwave.
on April 14, 2012
I just wanted a simple coffee maker, that brewed a good cup quickly and quietly, without requiring a NASA engineering degree to operate. This unit is great- uncomplicated, and sports a very simple, clean design that won't be out of fashion in 6 months. The Aroma option brews a more intense cup-just what I need in the morning. Definitely, a recommend.
on December 28, 2011
The coffee maker had met all expectations. Coffee it makes is hot enough. No water leaks when opening the lid. Would definitely recommend.
on August 28, 2013
Requested with anticipation, you were a top dog of a coffee maker eagerly gifted to me on one of my early-thirties birthdays.

I cradled you, took you home, scrubbed you, displayed you prominently, set your clock, and eagerly filled you up with my java dust.

You sputtered and gurbled out your steaming, rich liquid and I topped it up with milk, then took my first, expectant sip.

A shadow of metal and chemicals haunted your brew. It always has.

I was patient for years. Wash, rinse, repeat, Vinegar rinses. CLR. Swanky filters. Bottled water from the French Alps. My favourite bakery’s brand of fuel.

You always disappointed me.

But I hung on, hoping that it was me, not you, giving you endless chances. Of course you forced me to get my daily fix elsewhere.

It was always you.

When I tried to sell you at a yard sale, noses turned up, favouring my used t-shirts instead. Hello! You were less desirable than used t-shirts.

Even Kijiji wasn’t fooled by your silver shimmer and flashy blue display.

Still, you were so hard to leave. I finally toted you towards the office kitchen, still having faith, it was me, not you, and that maybe you’d finally shine there, in a community of teachers who suck coffee like blood, used so often that a layer of coffee sludge would cover up your insides, those metallic skeletons in your closet.

But I slipped on raindrops and you fell to the parking lot floor, your belly shattering to splinters around my feet.

I tossed the rest of you in the schoolyard dumpster. It was always you.
on September 29, 2012
It is an attractive and relatively compact coffee maker, but I'm not thrilled to bits with it. On the upside I don't need to use as much coffee as I did with my old cheapie. There are however, a couple of quirks I could do without. The blue-lit time display was initially rather annoying so I simply unplugged after use. I have become adjusted to it now though still unplug when I think of it as I don't use the timer and it seems an unnecessary power drain. I also find the warming plate to be too hot. I know some people like their coffee super hot but I find it 'cooks' the coffee before the automatic shut-off time. The last but most annoying trait is the way it drips water onto the warming plate every time the pot is pulled out to pour a cup. You pretty much have to have a cloth in hand whenever pouring. Decent tasting coffee when fresh, won't bother finding another right now but won't buy again.
on January 21, 2012
Coffee maker looks modern and slim-easy to store-is hot and works well. I may get one for my friends 50th bday?
on October 27, 2015
I actually like the coffee maker. The problem is getting a replacement carafe. They are made of glass and it is easy to chip the spout. I couldn't get a replacement at any local store or on the net. While looking I found my local HomeHardware had BUNN and Black & Decker carafes in stock! There is a high probability you will need a replacement carafe for any coffee maker with a glass carafe. Before buying any coffee maker with a glass carafe, you should check the availability of replacements. Russell Hobbs fails in availability of replacement parts. Ironically, the BUNN has a plastic ring around the top which includes the spout. Even though they are easily available, I doubt you could easily damage one.
on September 30, 2012
This coffee maker is great!

Product is as described, works great, beautiful brushed steel finish is not cheap and plastic like.

In terms of coffee, it is somewhat as described. The Brew strength selector is a matter of 2-settings.. On and off, shown as blank, and Aroma on the screen.

Manufacturer highly suggests that you unplug the coffee maker when not in-use. (As it has a hot-plate which stays on for 2 hours to keep your coffee hot) Meaning that you have to set the time, and the brew time everytime you plug it in.

Programmable clock works great though, makes coffee on time, a very pleasing smell to wake up to.

Uses #4 Cone Coffee Filters
on June 8, 2013
coffee is hot and brew ok, but clock does not keep time

it was too much time to wrap it and ship for a refound - will keep it so i'm a little desappointed with that coffee machine - looks great on the other side
on October 31, 2014
Super coffee maker! Have used it pretty much daily since I bought it March 2012 and it's still going strong. Only complaints...wish it had a longer cord...........and wish there was a way to extend the 2 hour warming feature to 3-4 hours. Sleek design, was well worth $58!

See 1 answered question