5.0 out of 5 stars Case may not look as advertised
Published on March 3 2011 by A. Buckley

3.0 out of 5 stars Inception
It's another -fly into my head and join me in my dreams- movie. Lavish, eye popping CGI but not worth the twenty bucks you paid to see it.
Published 2 months ago by Kenneth O. Connor

5.0 out of 5 stars Case may not look as advertised, March 3 2011
A. Buckley - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Inception / Origine (Bilingual) [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I received my copy today, I can't review the disc itself but the film was incredible and I'm a huge Christopher Nolan fan (I'm the type of nerd that, when I heard Leo was playing a character named "Cobb", said "Huh, a thief named Cobb, that's a cool nod to 'Following', Nolan's first feature"), so I'm looking forward to watching it again once I have 2 and a half hours free to do so.

Anyway, the reason for this review: I'd read Websurfer's review, and when I received my copy I noticed there was nothing on the case that said it contained the DVD or Digital Copy voucher, which the picture here displays. I've seen other cases that had everything that advertised as such ("The Fantastic Mr. Fox" has it clearly written on the case that it contains all three formats). So, I was about ready to look up the return process, when I decided "well, I can't know for sure until I open it"... and there they were, the BluRay, the Extras (also on BluRay), and the DVD, with a voucher for the Digital Copy. It's all there. It's strange that the physical case has absolutely no markings, front or back, that would indicate it has them all, since that's a great selling feature for people who don't quite have a BluRay player yet, but figure they'll get one soon (I had considered buying Inception sooner, before I bought my PS3, because I'd seen the combo pack here). Had I seen this displayed at a brick and mortar, I would have passed. So, don't worry if your case doesn't look like the one pictured here. Crack it open anyway... it's all there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Despite Plot Flaw, brilliant., Aug. 10 2014
This review is from: Inception / Origine (Bilingual) [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Di Caprio's character whole MO is to return to the US to be with his kids, especially after the death of their mother.

Why then, would they chose to spend a simulated lifetime together lasting 50+ years without their children? I understand in realtime it was only a few hours but in that dimension it was a lifetime, so real his wife, on waking, cannot reconcile reality and commits suicide. That does not fit at all with parents who actually want to be with their children. Unless Nolan is making the ultimate parents need time alone sci fi statement?

Please correct me if I have got it wrong.

Otherwise a deep, layered slightly too long masterpiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inception (blu ray)...Dreaming at its Audio/video's Best!, Dec 10 2010
Dr. Joseph Lee (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (#1 HALL OF FAME)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Inception / Origine (Bilingual) [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Christopher Nolan's Inception was a summer blockbuster in 2010. In USA alone, the movie made $292 million. It was even more phenomenal at the Worldwide Box Office, with the box receipt at $816 millions, right behind Toy Story 3 (1,066 billion) and Alice In Wonderland (1,023 billion).

Inception debuts on Blu-ray with a gorgeous 1080p/VC-1 encode (2.40:1) that makes the fantasy aspects mesmerizing. The picture comes with an amazing array of bold and vibrant colors. The transfer shows a highly detailed picture with incredible, clearly outlined objects in the foreground and background from beginning to end with tremendous details. Wally Pfister's elegant photography displayed a beautiful and warm palette. (5/5)

Audio: The DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 is nothing short of exceptional. Dialogue was clean and sharp. Hans Zimmer music has a wide enveloping influence, that makes you feel that you are actually in the mid of the action. The bass was very powerful. A demo-worthy presentation (5/5)

Now, the bad point: The subtitles are placed OUTSIDE the picture frame. For those with anamorphic lens, with the stretched picture, half of the subtitles will not be seen. Warner Brothers, how many times do viewers have to write to you to change your ways? In this case, if you want the subtitles to be seen, one cannot stretch the picture. Thus the impact of 2.40:1 bigger picture is lost.

Inception is a complex movie that requires repeat viewings to truly appreciate all the details of the various plots. It was totally enjoyable for the entire 148 minutes. Notice, for once, that there was no plot summary that was usually written on the back cover of the dvd case. This Blu-ray does the movie's imaginative spectacle justice with an absolutely gorgeous video presentation. The high-resolution audio is pure reference quality. With such top-notch video and audio, plus a complexed plot, it will be a pleasure to watch it again and again. Highly recommended and a Must-Own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Going deeper than you can imagine, Feb. 7 2012
L. Power "nlp trainer" (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME)
'Reality is that which when you stop believing in it does not go away.' Philip K Dick.

Christopher Nolan's movies are among my favorite movies of the last ten years. I remember being incredibly impressed with Memento, and own it. Batman Begins, ($373m ww) also starring Cillian Murphy, Michael Caine and Ken Watanabe), inspired me to explore and understand archetypes and mythology in movies, and presenting characters first as the opposite of how they really are. He saved the Batman franchise and took it to a new level with Dark Knight grossing over $1 billion worldwide, and he also made The Prestige, (again with Michael Caine). I think that after seeing Inception everyone who knows movies will appreciate who Christopher Nolan is, and his brilliance not only as a director, but also as the writer of Inception.

Leonardo di Caprio, not just a talented actor, has undoubtedly become one of the most reliable barometers of movie quality with a string of outstanding movies such as The Aviator, The Departed, Shutter Island, the thriller Body of Lies, and Blood Diamond, delivers another outstanding performance. It's also refreshing to see Marion Cotillard who won the Oscar for La Vie en Rose once again in a movie worthy of her talent. She brings a certain richness and emotionality to what is mostly a visual spectacle.

As you begin to watch, you may notice parallels between Inception and James Bond and The Matrix, although the stacking of realities seems more reminsicent mostly of The Jacket or Total Recall, both based on Philip K Dick stories.

As the movie opens Cobb washes up on a beach. The armed rescuers notice a a gun in his belt. He is taken to the Overlord, an old man. He also has a spinning top.

In the Matrix, Neo was a computer hacker. In Inception, Cobb, Leo DiCaprio's character is a mind hacker.

In the world of Inception, some people have the technology to invade the unconscious mind of others, and take their ideas. It is also possible to implant ideas, without people being aware. This is called Inception. You may wonder what being a spy and being a dream hacker have in common.

As a hypnotist I can say Inception is a fascinating trance experience, and takes you deeper, and continually shifts scenes. Because of this, you may miss out on some details, and you may in fact, as I did, have to go see the movie again to fill in the blanks. The more you tch the more you uinderstand.

Recurring symbols include trains and Mal's talk of trains, breaking glass repeated, a ring on Cobb's finger that appears and disappears in the second scene, and seems to shift to the overlord, and later Saito's finger. Not sure what it means.

If you have not already seen it, the following may be helpful. The unconscious mind cannot distinguish between what is real and imaginary. That is a conscious distinction. The unconscious mind is the domain of memory, emotion, and imagination. Your unconscious mind repeatedly presents unresolved issues to be resolved, which is one of the main functions of dreaming. You don't always remember a dream after you have had it.

There are some allusions to mythology. In Greek mythology, Ariadne constructed a maze. There is a character called Fischer, the son of Fischer, ailing ruler of an empire. In mythology, we have the story of the Fisher King.

I particularly loved the last moments in the movie, and I think you will too.

'All reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one.' Albert Einstein.

If you're like me, I think you will remember Inception long after the final credits roll. I think a lot of people will have to see it more than once to get it. The best way to describe it I think is that it is a 'tour de force' of the imagination, and raises the bar on creativity. Aspiring directors will look to this movie, and raise their own standards. Well, I can dream, can't I?

Having said all this, I know this movie will not appeal to everyone. Some people may be overwhelmed by it, and others just won't get it. I think you will love, and I hope you found this review helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beau voyage déroutant., July 12 2014
This review is from: Inception / Origine (Bilingual) [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Que voilà un film fascinant mais qui peut facilement devenir mêlant pour un non-habitué de la science-fiction. Les fins-finauds essaieront de prendre le réalisateur en défaut dans l'articulation des 4 niveaux de rêve de ce film, tant pis pour eux. C'est astucieux, c'est intelligent, c'est très bien joué. En salle, sur grand écran, c'est magnifique. Voir cette rue de Paris se replier sur elle-même provoque un orgasme visuel Il règne une atmosphère superbe, enveloppante et inquiétante provenant d'un amour qui doit cesser et d'une drôle d'équipe qui doit bien travailler. Un grand film, peut-être trop complexe pour être un grand succès populaire.
S. Mercier

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 3 2014
Gabriel Daniel (Montreal, Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Inception / Origine (Bilingual) [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Très bon service et produit.
Merci,
Gabriel Daniel

3.0 out of 5 stars Inception, May 31 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Deception, May 22 2014
I'm sure on some level this is a brilliant movie with excellent special effects but I skipped through most of it...made no sense to me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Standard definition digital copy, April 23 2014
J. Kennedy (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
The ultraviolet code only provides the movie in standard definition, you have to pay again if you want high definition.

5.0 out of 5 stars The story of this movie is awersome, April 2 2014
This review is from: Inception / Origine (Bilingual) [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I love the story and Leonardo is still very impressive. This movie require you to have all you attention to the story because it is complicated. The concept of be able to slow down the time by going into dreams are interesting.

Inception / Origine (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
Inception / Origine (Bilingual) [Blu-ray] by Leonardo DiCaprio (Blu-ray - 2010)
CDN$ 24.99 CDN$ 9.93