summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools

Format: Blu-ray|Change
Price:$19.31+ $3.49 shipping

on March 8, 2016
This was a great movie. It arrived quickly and I've watched it a bunch of times and it was well worth the price (which was decent anyway). Great movie for everyone.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 31, 2011
The movie has been reviewed by greater experts than I am. Let me just say that it is great entertainment. An action flick with imaginative use of special effects, not just for the eye candy, but to make us believe in the possibility of a world that might be created in our unconscious. It is science-fiction and yet it is not, because much of what Nolan approximated is conceivably close enough to the actual workings of the mind. My main critique about the film is that I believe that the secondary characters are more interesting than the main character, and they are not developed in the movie, so I wanted more.

Now onto the DVD edition. It is the obvious set up where they get the DVD out before Christmas with almost no extra content (a featurette and a look at how some of the scenes were made), and I'm sure later on there will be a special edition coming out with a ton of better content. I just wish the content included with this DVD were a little more... substantial. There's just not much to them, it felt like I saw them all in about 5-10 minutes. They could have been a little more generous.
on January 30, 2016
groundbreaking special effects and the 'dreams within dreams' concept is fascinating. well done.
on January 23, 2011
One of the many great things about Inception was its trailer. It told me absolutely nothing. I loved that. Good movie trailers only hint at the advertised film's content, themes and storyline. There should be no need for teaser trailers--they should all be teaser trailers. Based on those first few images, we couldn't even tell what kind of film the director and writer, Christopher Nolan, would eventually be unleashing upon us. We saw Leonardo DiCaprio with a silenced pistol; was it a crime thriller? We saw people running, fighting, jumping; was it an action movie? We saw people flying through the air, a street curling up like a tongue; so was it a science-fiction film?

We didn't know and had no way of knowing and we liked it that way.

Who would have guessed it would be all those things; thriller, action, sic-fi, and more?

It's the true beauty of a film like Inception. It manages to be a heist movie, a spy movie, an action movie, a sci-fi noire film, a psychological drama, a suspense movie, a crime film, all with, at its centre, a well-defined little love story. It includes all of these elements without one overshadowing the other. The film is in perfect balance. Oh, and did I mention it's got some pretty massive special effects, as well? True, it's not terribly funny, but it does offer a few laughs--just enough to keep the dark from getting too dark, the noire from getting too noire.

Nolan's gift for blending genres, without ever alienating his audience or making them feel that he is striving to recreate the wheel, is what makes him such an exciting filmmaker. He knows when to show restraint, when to let the effects hang off the story rather than the other way around.

Other filmmakers have done it before. Ridley Scott did it with Blade Runner, crafting a film that is equal parts science fiction and crime thriller. Alex Proyas mixed sci-fi and a murder mystery in Dark City. But I would argue that Nolan has taken the practice to a new level. He manages to bring life and energy into material that, on paper, might have appeared tired.

Inception is, in a real sense, a perfect film. Its script is solid, with an interesting story and believable characters. The premise is farfetched and certainly doesn't fit what little we do know about dreams, but it is strong on verisimilitude, sucking us in with its possibilities and potential. Technically, Inception is flawless, with music that sets the scene without overwhelming it; with special effects that command attention without demanding it; with actors who are good enough to know that they are performing in a film that will not net them an Oscar nomination, and they're perfectly okay with that.

In many ways, what makes Inception so great, is not simply what it is and does, but what it isn't and does not . . .
on August 23, 2014
While this film had its moments - as lucid dreaming involved, how could it not? - for my taste far too much rushing about and violence. Presumably this is what the market demands.
on February 5, 2013
I watched the above DVD but could not get into what it is all about, one of these days
I will try and watch it again, I feel it would be more for the younger people.
on May 31, 2014
It's another -fly into my head and join me in my dreams- movie. Lavish, eye popping CGI but not worth the twenty bucks you paid to see it.
on January 6, 2016
Good quality product and exactly how it was described. Thank you.
on January 2, 2013
I just watched the movie and it blew me away! The story is just great. From the beginning to the end, there is no slowdown as we often see in movies. At the same time, it is not an action packed movie without a good story. It is the kind of movie that you can predict the ending, but that you have to watch to let the producer and actors blow you away.

I read the other reviews and I give it a 5 star because I don't care much about the packaging as long as everything is in there. What matters is the movie. The story, the production and the actors are just amazing.
on March 23, 2014
I guess every body would like this movie but unfortunatly I did not like it that much, too long for me