march boutiques-francophones SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on January 12, 2011
PBS will be editing out over 3 hours of Downton Abbey when broadcast in North America as viewers allegedly will be unable to follow the inheritance laws pertaining to country estates in the UK. Well I expect 90 per cent of British viewers aren't au fait with the ways of the landed gentry in Edwardian England either - but the explanation is in the drama and it forms a key part of that drama and the choices facing major characters. How patronising to Americans that PBS has taken this high-handed attitude. Buy the DVD collection I would say.
on January 5, 2013
Wanted to complete the set and so ordered this first one. Amazing series! Julian Fellows is a brilliant writer and knows just how to blend the characters so well. His one liners delivered by Dame Maggie Smith are hilariously funny at times and at others full of pathos!
on June 17, 2012
My husband and I heard about this series from many of our friends, who all raved about it. I decided to buy the DVD from Amazon and we got hooked on watching it nightly. Well done--enjoyable--good character development. We have just started Season Two!!
on February 28, 2013
The series is well written and acted. You quickly become engrossed in the multiple storylines and want to see more. perfect for a Bluray or DVD series,
on March 8, 2013
I enjoyed being behind the secnes. Sometimes I did not find the characters to be completely consistent. Still a good entertain.
on March 17, 2013
very good show missed it on pbs watched it all on my dvr i have season 2 waiting to watch
Dowton Abby season 1 a must
on March 7, 2013
I bought this for my wife for Christmas. A great start to see what the series was all about. SHe enjoyed it..
on July 29, 2014
done with great actor and actress....great series in begenning of the century high and poor class
on April 26, 2015
Bought this as a gift for a family member. I know she will enjoy it.
on August 28, 2014
It fulfilled all our expectations.