4.0 out of 5 stars MY WIFE SWEARS BY IT!
When we are in our 20's, whenever we would gain some extra pounds we only had to skip dinner for a couple of days and that would be the end of them. Once we get past the age of 30 though, our metabolism seems to be taking ...long brakes. Hence the need to add aerobic exercise to our routine - and, for most people, that is the most boring part. Until now.

SO...
Published on March 31 2011 by NeuroSplicer

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmm.
Published on Sept. 8 2011 by Mimi

4.0 out of 5 stars MY WIFE SWEARS BY IT!, March 31 2011
NeuroSplicer (Freeside, in geosynchronous orbit) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME)

SO MUCH FUN YOU WON'T NOTICE THE BURNING
The Wii Fit offers great exercise for mild muscle toning, balance, and flexibility but little when it comes to actual cardiovascular exercises. ZUMBA FITNESS comes in to fill that gap.
Follow the beat and try to match your character on the screen. When you are doing good, it turns bright green - when not, it turns yellow and then red. But, do not worry, it does not matter - the game is pretty forgiving.
I cannot dance to save my life, so (with everybody else gone to the mall), I try it on: if I managed to keep my character green most of the time, so can anyone. Because the designers of this game understood that accuracy is not that as important as making you move and shake in a fun way.
Zumba is all about having fun with moving your body around vigorously enough to feel your muscles burning. Doesn't this beat the repetitiveness of a stepper? Just make sure to have time for a shower afterward because you will be sweating a lot after a while.

STRAP ON THE BELT AND GET LOST IN THE RHYTHM
The game has 30 workouts using latin dances styles (Salsa, Merengue, Mambo, Rumba, Flamenco, Reggaeton, Cumbia, Calypso and Hip-Hop). It is unfortunate that the game cannot accept the addition of extra songs though. Nevertheless, you strap on the (included) Zumba belt with the Wii-Remote pouch on your hip and you let yourself get lost in the rhythm.
The belt is large enough to accommodate waists up to about 50 inches (the belt is 52 inches long and it has been designed to fit as many sizes as possible). Just make sure to attach the loop to your pants because it tends to slip down otherwise.
If you want to Zumba with a partner though you will need an extra belt as well as a second Wii Remote (which have to be ordered separately).

DANCING IN THE DARK
An hour of ZUMBA FITNESS will burn around 1,000 calories - but that depends on many factors and it can vary from person to person. The game offers no information (based on age, weight, body-type and workout-session parameters) regarding the actual calories burned during each session. That is unfortunate because Zumba training has become popular as a fun way to reap aerobic benefits.

REMEMBER TO SMILE!
Even if you are too self-conscious to dance in front of an audience, what is stopping you to Zumba your heart to a healthier rate with your virtual Wii companions? No matter if you are a beginner or experienced with Zumba, the game offers four skill levels (Training, Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced) for you to find your comfort zone and get the most out of the training. Workout sessions last from 20 to 45 minutes.
As you get better at this, the game will unlock different venues as well as change the overall atmosphere to prevent you from getting bored. This is the most fun you will have while exercising.

ZUMBA FITNESS is one of the most fun exergames available for weight control and cardio strengthening. If only it included calorie information and could accommodate new songs it would had been perfect.

RECOMMENDED!

5.0 out of 5 stars Zumba Fitness rocks!!!!!, May 28 2011
This review is from: Zumba Fitness (Video Game)
If you can't find a Zumba class in your area, or, if you are too shy to attend one, or, if you just want to do Zumba in between classes, Zumba Fitness is for you! For the beginner as for the hard core Zumba fan, Zumba Fitness rocks!! Many different routines at different levels will make you sweat, lose weight while having fun. I've attended 3 classes a week now for 2 years and I do my Zumba fitness at home at least twice, or more, a week also. I just can't get enought of it!!! You have to try it!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Zumba gets you zoomin'!, Feb. 9 2011
This review is from: Zumba Fitness (Video Game)
I have the worst coordination imaginable, but Zumba got even a klutz like me groovin! I wish it would give a calorie burn estimate but otherwise it's a great time with awesome music...very addictive. Others have had some shipping issues. I received mine from Dvd-plus quickly and in perfect condition. No complaints here.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmm., Sept. 8 2011
Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Zumba Fitness (Video Game)
Not loving this. The tutorials are really bad - the 'first step' goes on forever and then the next 3 steps all whip by in 3 or 4 seconds. The thing with dancing is that you need to be told if you are moving your weight from one foot to the other or just placing the foot - but you don't get that information, you have to figure it out by trying different ways... which makes it a slow process. A live person would be easier to follow without the information about shifting your weight but an animated character is impossible. And there's no option to view the teacher from the back, which there is on Wii fit. It took me several goes to figure out some of the steps but at least it got me moving and the music is great. Overall I'm disappointed in that I thought I'd be able to learn the steps to these dances while working out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweat once a day., Jan. 31 2012
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Zumba Fitness (Video Game)
This will definitely make you work up a sweat, which if you're like me you need to do once a day. Zumba for Wii is a great alternative to going for a run or if you can't make it to a gym. A lot of people were complaining about the graphics but it didn't bother me much. I'm not expecting to be visually entertained, I just want to get moving and feel good about myself. If you are looking for a fast moving fun workout that you can do from home I would suggest this for you, especially if you are Wii savy. It is a little fast paced, as a beginner at Zumba I did find myself having to do the tutorials more than three times. It also is fun just to jump into a class, wing it and see how much you can do just naturally.

4.0 out of 5 stars A satisfied customer, May 5 2011
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Zumba Fitness (Video Game)
This Zumba game does everything that a novice (or expert) could possibly want. My wife and kids love dancing along, and find the exercises completely satisfying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting fit the fun way, Jan. 22 2012
This review is from: Zumba Fitness (Video Game)
A little challenging to learn, but, very fun.Doesn't feel like boring exercising.Highly recommend to get you up and moving!
Dance the weight off!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun way to exercise!, May 10 2011
This review is from: Zumba Fitness (Video Game)
I started doing Zumba Fitness at Curves and REALLY enjoyed it! So when I seen this game I had to have it. It's fun and a great way to work up a sweat and exercise! Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Game, March 24 2013
This review is from: Zumba Fitness (Video Game)
I love Zumba. I live in a small town and Zumba didn't have enough people to have a workout session. So I decided to get the wii game and I love it. It's awesome and i get a sweat going and a smile on my face.

4.0 out of 5 stars very suprised at how good it is, Dec 28 2012
This review is from: Zumba Fitness (Video Game)
I tried Zumba fitness on the xbox 360 at my boyfriend's place. I figured it was really well suited for that system because of its hand free capabilities.

However, I myself don't have an xbox kinnect. So when I found out that they had the same game on the Wii (which I have access to), I told myself well ... I play Just dance and you need to hold the wiimote there too. it's probably not gona be too bad.

I was veeery suprised that it came with this zumba belt that you wrap around your body so that the wii mote can stay right in the middle on your stomach. I found it was still easy to press the buttons on the wiimote incase I needed to pause the game. other than that, it was such a relief to be able to do some zumba at home if i'm unable to attend one of my actual zumba classes. granted, it won't ever be like the real thing but it's still a great workout! If you're like me and don't have an xbox kinnect, this is definitely recommended!

ARRAY(0xad0e39c0)

Zumba Fitness
Zumba Fitness by Majesco (Nintendo Wii)
CDN$ 49.89