5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!
Published on Feb. 27 2012 by Faith

3.0 out of 5 stars Average blender - not so great for frozen fruit drinks
Purchased this blender to replace a broken Oster BRLY07-B 7-Speed Fusion Blender (after 4 years).

We make smoothies 3-4X a week. Approximately 3/5 Frozen fruits with the remainder being some fresh fruit and vegetables, mixed in a base of water and almond or soy milk.

Given that the Fusion blender was 600 W, I expected this model to be better...
Published 21 months ago by groundglass

3.0 out of 5 stars Average blender - not so great for frozen fruit drinks, Dec 2 2012
This review is from: Oster BLSTAS-Z00-033 7-Speed Electronic Control Designer Series Blender, Brushed Nickel (Kitchen)

Given that the Fusion blender was 600 W, I expected this model to be better (apparently 1000 W).

It is not.

First off, it has a 4-blade system while the Fusion had 6.

Secondly, despite the power rating, the Fusion is more powerful than this model.

Thirdly, the jar design seems to predispose the contents to get stuck, preventing blending. This ultimately requires several rounds of manipulation with a spoon or knife (the fusion would do this once or not at all).

This blender is however notably less loud than the fusion.

The blender is also more aesthetically pleasing.

However, these qualities aside, this blender seems to suffer from a poor arrangement of power and jar design that prevents it from blending smoothie drinks efficiently.

It is not a bad blender, but when push comes to shove, it doesn't cut it for my smoothie needs.

I will be returning it to look for a replacement Fusion model.

UPDATE:

1. This unit only has an actual 600 W, and not the 1000 W advertised.

2. The piece that connects the blender to the jar/blade repeatedly unscrews, requiring opening of the motor casing for reassembly of the piece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, Feb. 27 2012
I have had my Oster BLSTAS-Z00-033 for over a month now and am very happy with it. I use it on an average of twice a day. It crushes ice quickly and thoroughly. The versatility of the 7 speeds is a great option to have. This is a well made, sturdy machine with lots of power. I highly recommend it!Oster BLSTAS-Z00-033 7-Speed Electronic Control Designer Series Blender, Brushed Nickel

4.0 out of 5 stars meets the needs keeping it simple, March 2 2012
Dont need a blender that makes soup and has 400 speed settings
this one is straight forward has good capacity and easy cleaning.
my last blender was a sears received as a gift in 1974 and finaly bit the dust so I shopped around and found that this oster was overall the most functional amd simple blender with the power to crush blend and mix.

so far works well hope it lasts 38 years too :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great blender, Feb. 26 2014
Bought this a couple of years ago and has been getting use daily since. All the blades and pieces that usually wear are still in perfect condition.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT so great, Aug. 11 2013
This blender does its job in a mediocre fashion. I often find I have to stop the blender and mix smoothies with a spoon, even when they are not very thick. I definitely had higher expectations. The thing that bugs me the most is that the glass jar is attached the the black plastic part beneath it. In order to clean it properly you have to unscrew it with a mini screw driver. Also, the plastic part makes it a bit more difficult to unscrew the blade. I kind of miss my old blender - it was cheaper, but mixed better and was easier clean... though this one is more attractive and can stay on my counter (which is why I gave it 3 stars)