march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

on November 6, 2010
I bought this after reading rave reviews about how nice and hot the coffee was and how easy it was to operate.

Pros - easy to program and access for adding water and coffee. Looks sharp on the counter. The carafe does not drip while pouring. I like the auto shut off after two hours and option to delay start. It does make nice hot coffee. It has a brew selector for regular or strong coffee. Auto off shut is nice - any coffee will taste like crap after 2 hours anyway.

Cons - If you set it to strong, it will take almost 20 minutes to brew a pot. Forget about an impromptu coffee if a friend drops by for a few minutes. Supposedly you can sneak a cup, but it will drip on the hotplate while you do. Not a lot, but enough to be a pain and sizzle when you put the carafe back. On the regular strength, it takes about 15 minutes to brew a pot.

I make a pot a day, and I think I will be setting it to come on automatically in the morning, otherwise by the time I fill it and brew, it would be half an hour until I get my first cup. I like the idea of extracting more flavour from fewer grounds, so will likely set it to strong so I will get an extra pot from a pound of coffee.
I am keeping it mainly because I am tired of repackaging coffee makers and taking them back.
on July 17, 2014
I was kind of iffy about this because of some of the reviews, but I have had it fro about a year now, and all is good. It still works, and still makes good coffee.
on June 29, 2014
Previously, I had a simple, programmable, cone-filter drip machine, but when the electrical stuff burned out after about 12 years, I thought I'd spend a little more and get something fancy. The Oster looked great and had more LED's and buttons than my old one, so I figured it must be better. Turns out, it's actually more of a hassle.
Really, it's all about the basket. I thought if I spend more money, I could at least assume a new machine would be simpler to operate; the old one required me to swing out the filter holder and replace the cone filter (something like this:[...] ). This new one requires me to lift the lid, swing the drip head out of the way, lift out the filter basket, replace the filter, reinstall the basket, then close the lid. The drip head is forced back in place when you close the lid. I know this seems like a lazy quibble, but it bugs me every morning when I do all these extra steps with the knowledge that I paid more just to do them!
The coffee from the Oster tastes fine, except when the basket filter collapses, which is about once every month or two; then it's murky, weak and full of grinds. The machine in general is a little bulky and awkward. When the lid is open, you'll need about 50 cm (20 inches) of clearance if the maker is under your cupboards. I'm not sure what the "strong" selection does, but I use it anyway. There's also a cleaning button: you pour in some vinegar and water and it does a slow brew for half an hour. You still have to use some elbow grease to really clean the insides yourself, though. There are a lot of level, flat surfaces that get grimy. A better maker might have more curved, sloping surfaces for the condensed water to run down. The bowl in which the filter basket sits also gets grimy and must be wiped out regularly. All of this is from my perspective of having previously used a simple cone filter drip machine for the last 12 years.
Of course the decanter drips when you're pouring, and the "pause 'n serve" valve isn't perfect, but those seem to be demons for most coffee makers.
If you need 8-12 cups at a time, then this is probably as good as any. If you normally go for smaller brews, I'd recommend a simple cone filter machine--fewer hassles and more space.
on October 8, 2013
I would recommend this for all of your everyday coffee needs. Easy to fill with both water and coffee and programming is easy too.
on April 21, 2015
No problems here. Very reliable and no spilling during pouring which I know is an issue with a lot of coffee machines. Really good value.
on May 5, 2014
Easy to program and it is my third one
I hope they will always be available when I need another one
on May 3, 2013
Awesome coffee machine, 2 type of brewing, good style, timer, tough machine. Perfect machine for a coffee lover. I absolutely refer that brewer
on April 26, 2012
Tres bonne cafetiere,
Elle fait du bon café, la programmation est simple ainsi que heure affiché sur celle-ci. On peut place un filtre pour l'eau, avant que celle-ci passe a travers le café moulu dans le panier. Elle a la fonction de nettoyage, que l'on doit effectuer un fois par mois, si l'on veut quel fonctionne plus d'une années. J'ai eu un autre model de cafétiere Oster avant celle-ci, qui a fonctionner deux ans, que j'ai nettoyer 4 ou 5 fois.
Merci Amazone.ca
on July 28, 2014
As advertised.
on September 6, 2014
I haven't try this item it was for my aunt