1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Good performance, but a couple of flaws, April 17 2011
This review is from: Sunbeam® Simple Press, Retractable, Pink (Kitchen)
The overall performance is quite satisfactory, although I've experienced a couple of ''down sides" about the product.

. The retractable system for the cord doesn't work as expected:if you press the button for retracting, the cord pulls in just so much - there's about 20 inches of cord hanging out. When the iron was delivered to me, the cord was completely retracted inside the iron, but the system didn't work like it should from the first time I used it.

. I experienced a ''dripping" incident the last time I used it. There were serious drippings from the sole of the iron, which was probably caused by the safety system (on/off/warming up). I was away from the iron for a good 15 minutes, so the safety system turned itself on and momentarily turned off the heat.I followed the instructions and waited for the iron to reheat; the light kept flashing and flashing for longer than I had expected, so I got impatient and tried to
use the iron while the light was flashing. The sole started dripping and it made a mess. I gave up and unplugged the iron, plugged it again and waited until the light stopped flashing - which didn't take that long this time. I must have
done something wrong to trigger the drippings but don't know what it was, even after re-reading the instructions. I'm not ready to blame the manufacturer, probably a new user's inexperience.

. I found the iron a bit heavier than expected (if compared to my old one, which had a teflon sole) but it's not really an issue for me, as the performance is there.

All the features of the iron perform as claimed and I can say I am generally satisfied with the product.

ARRAY(0xb974faf8)