5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this blender
Published on April 7 2012 by Jill Zyla

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be stronger
Not bad product. But just after a couple uses, part of the blade bent. It has a great power for a small blender (350W) and the single serve cups are really useful for the family. Everyone gets there own favorite smoothie without cleaning a big jar each time. Will see how it goes with the bent blade on the long run but for now, it's still doing its job.
Published on Sept. 30 2012 by Odosk

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this blender, April 7 2012
Jill Zyla (Saskatchewan, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart Compact Portable Blending/Chopping System (Kitchen)
I bought this blender after my original magic bullet started to wear out after 2-3 years of heavy use. I did a lot of research prior to buying the item, and this seemed to have the best reviews. Keep in mind that I only use it for blending smoothies, milkshakes, protein drinks, etc. - so I haven't even used the additional blade. I've had it for about 6 months and haven't regretted it for a moment. Definitely much better quality than the Bullet, easier to clean the cups (I love that there are 4 of them - I would never buy one with just one cup) too. The only minor issue is that it seems like you need more liquid than you would think - sometimes I have to stop, open it up and add more liquid just to make sure it blends properly. However, this is not frequent and not an issue for me. I love how fast it blends and chops ice effortlessly. Plus, it's pretty so I can leave it on my countertop, which is ideal since I use it at least once a day. Even if this blender eventually wears out on me, I would definitely consider buying another one of the same model.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing blender, July 18 2012
This is absolutely the best blender i have had so far.
We use it to make baby food as well as fruit smoothies, iced coffee's (it crushes ice chunks effortlessly ),
protein shakes and soup for the whole family.
just make sure you use enough liquid. and Especially not to overfill the TRAVEL CUPS as this will put too much stress on the powerful motor.
This problem caused my first Quisinart blender to give up (after very heavy use) but I am buying the exact same one now as I was very happy with it.
Clean up is a breeze and I love the extra travel cups.
Double worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good blender; accessories need some improvement, Jan. 5 2014
I've owned this blender for a few months now and use it near-daily to make green smoothies, hummus, etc. On the whole, I definitely recommend it. A few minor complaints that I hope Cuisinart will consider for future designs.

PROS:
-The blender works very well and pulverizes tougher vegetables like kale very nicely.
-A great alternative to the Magic Bullet, which I found a bit leaky and loaded with useless accessories ("comfort lip rings"...seriously?).
-Pulse and dual-speed
-Thoughtfully designed

CONS:
-The four included blending cups are rather narrow with annoying ridges, making them difficult to clean by hand.
-I REALLY don't need four completely useless travel-cup lids that will let liquid spill everywhere. Instead, how about four proper lids that actually seal?

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent blender. Anyone know where to buy replacement blades?, Jan. 22 2014
The blender itself is quite well-built, and does what it's supposed to do. I've previously owned other brands of single-serving blender and they all pooped out within a year of daily use. The Cuisinart is still going strong after 2 years of service.

One question I have which I've had little success in answering so far: Does anyone know where to obtain replacement blades? Specifically the 4-blade piece. One of my roommates "misplaced" the blade and a cup it was attached to some time ago, so I've been stuck using the 2-blade attachment. Works well but doesn't have the cutting angle needed to crush ice and such. You can order a replacement blade (for $30!) from Cuisinart but it looks like they only deal with US customers.

Cheers and happy blending!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for family smoothies, Jan. 1 2014
This is a cinch to clean up!! Kids love that they can customize their own smoothie and make it go in a fem seconds. Including cleanup, our family of 4 makes all our smoothies and cleanup in less than 5 minutes! Just make sure you put the largest pieces in first, according to the directions. Makes great salad dressings. Wish the blender cup was made out of a better quality plastic. The teeth that lock the blending attachments have better than most interlocking teeth. Shipping was very fast...and even during holiday season. I have not tried the chopping cup yet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be stronger, Sept. 30 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget!, March 31 2013
Like others I do detect a little bit of a friction smell - but I think that usually happens when I don't have enough liquid in the equation. Other than that is a fast, capable, and speedy gadget. I LOVE how I can stuff it with goodness and have it ready to drink on the go in a matter of seconds. I would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact and easy to use, Jan. 9 2014
We bought this product to replace a bigger, bulkier blender. It is easy to use and clean. Only problem - it has a much weaker motor than I expected and sometimes there is a burnt smell coming from the device. Otherwise, it works fine for smoothies and drinks. I would not recommend it to chop ice cubes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better smoothies!, May 4 2013
I previously had the Big Boss for making smoothies......loved it but the little washers went within 3 months.....I make smoothies everyday, so wanted something easy to use and cleanup. This one has surpassed BB. It is a lot quieter for one and having 2 speeds available is bonus. It seems sturdier than the BB as well. I am hoping this one will last a lot longer but would definitely consider purchasing again if not. Can't beat the price.....would love a Vitamix but those prices are just out of reach for most of us and don't know that I would utilize it enough to warrant the cost.

It is now Dec 2013 and my little blender is still going strong....wish the cups were a little bigger and had closures on the lids. Other than that....I am still making my daily smoothie and love the this does not take up much counter space.....when I need to replace would definitely consider buying this one again!

1.0 out of 5 stars Too many little problems..., March 30 2013
I purchased this with my Visa points about a year ago. Seemed to work great when we first plugged it in, but we've found a few issues with the product and have since stopped using it.

The blades were sharp and could get through anything (still are), but the motor isn't powerful enough. It's advertised as being able to chop ice, but throw some frozen banana in for a smoothie and the motor burns out before the smoothie is done. We noticed this with most of the things we make unless making small amounts. The motor takes 15 minutes or so to recover after over heating, so when it gives out, that's as good as it's getting blended.

The cups are really tight in the bottom, I have no idea how you're meant to clean them... It's near impossible to get your hand in the bottom, and the dishwasher doesn't always manage. The cups also have plastic spines? Small lines of plastic from top to bottom on the inside of the cups. I imagine they're for support, but they make for a lengthy cleaning process. The blade is also a hassle to clean. Too many nooks and crannies for things to get stuck in (especially when grinding flax seed!!), and it usually involves taking tooth pics or q-tips to the underneath of the blade, o-ring, etc.

Finally, aside from the cleaning and lack of power, the threads on the blade gave out after a few months. If we put anything in to blend that was more liquid than solid, it would leak while blending (has to be blended upside down). After a while the only thing we could make in it without losing half of it in the process was peanut butter. We've been using our food processor for everything, since. Still in the market for a blender.

Cuisinart Compact Portable Blending/Chopping System