5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this blender
Published on April 7 2012 by Jill Zyla

3.0 out of 5 stars Well, it was great for a whole 16 months...
Published 1 month ago by Kristy Gevers

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this blender, April 7 2012
Jill Zyla (Saskatchewan, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart Compact Portable Blending/Chopping System (Kitchen)
I bought this blender after my original magic bullet started to wear out after 2-3 years of heavy use. I did a lot of research prior to buying the item, and this seemed to have the best reviews. Keep in mind that I only use it for blending smoothies, milkshakes, protein drinks, etc. - so I haven't even used the additional blade. I've had it for about 6 months and haven't regretted it for a moment. Definitely much better quality than the Bullet, easier to clean the cups (I love that there are 4 of them - I would never buy one with just one cup) too. The only minor issue is that it seems like you need more liquid than you would think - sometimes I have to stop, open it up and add more liquid just to make sure it blends properly. However, this is not frequent and not an issue for me. I love how fast it blends and chops ice effortlessly. Plus, it's pretty so I can leave it on my countertop, which is ideal since I use it at least once a day. Even if this blender eventually wears out on me, I would definitely consider buying another one of the same model.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good blender; accessories need some improvement, Jan. 5 2014
I've owned this blender for a few months now and use it near-daily to make green smoothies, hummus, etc. On the whole, I definitely recommend it. A few minor complaints that I hope Cuisinart will consider for future designs.

PROS:
-The blender works very well and pulverizes tougher vegetables like kale very nicely.
-A great alternative to the Magic Bullet, which I found a bit leaky and loaded with useless accessories ("comfort lip rings"...seriously?).
-Pulse and dual-speed
-Thoughtfully designed

CONS:
-The four included blending cups are rather narrow with annoying ridges, making them difficult to clean by hand.
-I REALLY don't need four completely useless travel-cup lids that will let liquid spill everywhere. Instead, how about four proper lids that actually seal?

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing blender, July 18 2012
This is absolutely the best blender i have had so far.
We use it to make baby food as well as fruit smoothies, iced coffee's (it crushes ice chunks effortlessly ),
protein shakes and soup for the whole family.
just make sure you use enough liquid. and Especially not to overfill the TRAVEL CUPS as this will put too much stress on the powerful motor.
This problem caused my first Quisinart blender to give up (after very heavy use) but I am buying the exact same one now as I was very happy with it.
Clean up is a breeze and I love the extra travel cups.
Double worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent blender. Anyone know where to buy replacement blades?, Jan. 22 2014
The blender itself is quite well-built, and does what it's supposed to do. I've previously owned other brands of single-serving blender and they all pooped out within a year of daily use. The Cuisinart is still going strong after 2 years of service.

One question I have which I've had little success in answering so far: Does anyone know where to obtain replacement blades? Specifically the 4-blade piece. One of my roommates "misplaced" the blade and a cup it was attached to some time ago, so I've been stuck using the 2-blade attachment. Works well but doesn't have the cutting angle needed to crush ice and such. You can order a replacement blade (for $30!) from Cuisinart but it looks like they only deal with US customers.

Cheers and happy blending!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for family smoothies, Jan. 1 2014
This is a cinch to clean up!! Kids love that they can customize their own smoothie and make it go in a fem seconds. Including cleanup, our family of 4 makes all our smoothies and cleanup in less than 5 minutes! Just make sure you put the largest pieces in first, according to the directions. Makes great salad dressings. Wish the blender cup was made out of a better quality plastic. The teeth that lock the blending attachments have better than most interlocking teeth. Shipping was very fast...and even during holiday season. I have not tried the chopping cup yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but mildly disappointing, March 2 2012
in general:
I've had the product for two weeks now. The machine is small, but pretty loud. It also emits a fair amount of Ozone gas as do many electrical motors. I haven't needed to replace the gaskets but the product does come with a spare which I anticipate will be handy! all in all, perhaps I should have gone with a hand chopper and/or food mill. Although, those won't crush ice...

chopping blade:
I wanted something that would do food processor type applications as well as traditional blending. It does grind spices, but I would not say it replaces a food processor. I am a big fan of homemade salsa, which it does not chop, but purees. I read through the user manual pdf that you can download. It has a recipe for spaghetti sauce -- and even says you can make it chunky. So you can see why I am disappointed. Also, the first time I blended spices I was making a homemade curry mix and the turmeric powder has permanently stained the container. I would suggest individually grinding ingredients. As well, the recipe book indicates a chai latte, and you should do the cloves separate -- or you're in for a surprising last sip!

blender blade:
I am happy with the other blade. It does not emulsify as much as one would hope, but this is probably true with most products. Works well for bisque soups.

containers:
The containers are okay -- and just okay. The blender container could be larger and would be nicer if it had a pour lip. I am also concerned about whether this lid is BPA-free -- it is a soft plastic. The travel cups are a bit difficult to clean as the tops of the containers are just profile plastic (to save material) so that food gets stuck. Also there are ribs inside the containers which also are annoying. I assume these were designed to strengthen the plastic to resist the forces while blending, but maybe they could have been on the outside? I don't know. (really want to try filling the spare travel mugs with pre-blended fruit and freezing them but I don't dare.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Well, it was great for a whole 16 months..., Aug. 26 2014
I say go for it, but only if you are comfortable with the idea of replacing it on a nearly annual basis. Up until two days ago I would have given this little unit 5 stars. We used it with great success at least twice a week over the past 16 months. However, the blending blade has seized up. We are beyond the one year warranty, so now we have to replace it with something else. At least my 18 year-old, blender attachment on the huge Oster food processor was still up to the job that day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Has amazing power for a little guy, April 6 2014
I am thoroughly impressed by the power in this little guy, i use it to make smoothies with frozen fruit and it has no trouble blending them into oblivion, my older full sized blender would gum up and i would have to use a spoon to help stir it then blend again, but this has no issue with that.

I am very impressed and would recommend it to someone looking for a good compact blender to make anything from smoothies to pesto.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little concerned, March 25 2013
Had the original Magic Bullet for years before it finally quit, using it most often for coffee grinding. Bought this unit to replace it. It makes smoothies, blends frozen fruit etc. Doesnt do as good a job at grinding coffee. Always whole beans left even after grinding for much longer time than the Bullet. And when it runs longer it begins to smell. An electrical smell or plastic smell or combination of both. I hope it lasts....

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well!, Sept. 6 2013
I love having this device to make my morning smoothies and go. I don't have to worry about clean-up, as I just need to rinse the blade, and pop on a new lid. Very handy that it comes with 4 good size travel mugs, as well as the mini. I've used the mini one often for blending things like lemongrass, ginger, and garlic, with just tiny bit of water. It has great power for blending ice and frozen veggies and is super simple to use.

Cuisinart Compact Portable Blending/Chopping System