countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Color: Silver|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 21, 2016
It works for fruit smoothies if you run the blender long enough anything heavier is a problem. Occasionally, it leaves the chunks of fruit intact, even the soft fruit like a banana for example. Also, I was not able to do the chopping successfully. Instead of chopped nuts I was getting a nut butter on the bottom with large pieces left on top of the container. Have not tried the spices. The major problem, imho, is that quite often the blender would not start at all. It looks like the connection between the motor and the blending piece is not tight enough. You have to wriggle the container to make it connect to the motor. Will look for something else.
on May 11, 2016
Started off good. Now it tends to just spin and smell funny now and again. I tend to add more liquid then, give it a shake and it gets better. The smaller container with chopping blade I am not happy with at all. I put carrots in there and it chopped the seal ring with the carrots. Some how the ring lifted up when chopping and made a perfect angled slice in it so now it's a c shape. Hope I can get a replacement seal ring. Perhaps it was too hard of an item to chop? If you want just liquids and soft foods no problem. Makes a great dip/herb mixer and yogurt smoothies minus frozen bananas and berries or ice. With a little finess frozen foods are doable.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 4, 2015
UPDATE: Blender is now in the garbage - gear on the bottom melted and fell off trying to blend a frozen strawberry smoothie. This blender was a lemon right from the start and I regret not sending it back.

Original review: I am a little disappointed and concerned with this product. I thought the motor would be stronger then it is. When making smoothies it struggles mixing the entire cup of ingredients and lets off a wire burning smell. I didn't expect to have to stand there and pulse over and over to get things smooth. Sometimes I actually have to take the cup off the motor and hand mix the ingredients so the blades smooth everything.
The "go cups" are really handy though so brought my rating up. I used consistently for months and the burning smell never went away.
on March 9, 2016
Replaced my old, worn out "as seen on tv" brand and I'm so happy I did! I work out 6x per week and drink 3 smoothies a day using frozen fruit and nothing slows this unit down. No frozen "mellon balls" or chunks or unchopped strawberry anymore. Used it daily since it arrived without issue, although there was a slight odor the first day - I assume it had some dust on the electric motors. I would highly recommend this product.
on June 6, 2016
A great little unit. Started out putting the frozen fruit in it without thawing. Not the best idea. A little pre-thawing the fruit helps out the motor a lot. Doesn't work so hard. Also will probably prolong the sharpness of the blades. No complaints. Recommend to anyone wanting a unit for making fruit smoothies.
on September 14, 2015
Just so you get a feel for how I review. Really good reviews and the really poor ones usually cancel out for me. They are either brand new users in the honeymoon phase with a product, or a total incompetent with little ability to follow directions and use item as intended....with that out of the way, this blender is stellar. Nothing beats it for the price point. If you are replacing a 'magic bullet', this is a major upgrade. I'll give the reviewer's who say it is loud confirmation here but if you were crushing ice everything is loud! I place it on a dish towel if up early and making a shake to help keep the noise down. Anyone that says that this blender hasnt enough power is not using it correctly. To crush ice you MAY need to use it on the pulse setting if the blender is full to get it started then switch over to the blend setting. You should also be using the four blade chopper where the blades kick up and not the flat ones for mixing drinks...

I have never had anything I could not blend totally and completely with no lumps, anyone who says otherwise, probably shouldn't be allowed to use this blender without supervision. (My experience is strictly with the cups and not the pitcher)Don't overfill, and use the pulse feature, when crushing ice...get rid of your Magic Bullet and get this!!!!
on August 11, 2015
This was exactly as promised. It was a snap to figure out how all the parts went together. I made my first smoothie last night. I used the lid with no drinking hole for transport. If I have one complaint, it's that there isn't a travel lid with a close-able drinking spout. I love the small footprint and multiple drinking glasses. It's the perfect size for my counter and my life.
on April 7, 2012
I bought this blender after my original magic bullet started to wear out after 2-3 years of heavy use. I did a lot of research prior to buying the item, and this seemed to have the best reviews. Keep in mind that I only use it for blending smoothies, milkshakes, protein drinks, etc. - so I haven't even used the additional blade. I've had it for about 6 months and haven't regretted it for a moment. Definitely much better quality than the Bullet, easier to clean the cups (I love that there are 4 of them - I would never buy one with just one cup) too. The only minor issue is that it seems like you need more liquid than you would think - sometimes I have to stop, open it up and add more liquid just to make sure it blends properly. However, this is not frequent and not an issue for me. I love how fast it blends and chops ice effortlessly. Plus, it's pretty so I can leave it on my countertop, which is ideal since I use it at least once a day. Even if this blender eventually wears out on me, I would definitely consider buying another one of the same model.
on January 20, 2016
PROS:
+ Compact
+ Comes with FOUR smoothie cups & lids
+ Blender jug is large enough for occasional use/not cumbersome as a full-sized blender
+ Nut grinder cup small enough for little items
+ Powerful enough to do chunky smoothies
+ Two speeds plus pulse
+ Sleek look

CONS:
- Smoothie cup lids have an opening to sip through that CANNOT BE CLOSED and therefore these cups are NOT PORTABLE.
- Smoothie cups do not have measurement markings on them. I really hate that I have to dirty a separate measuring cup to measure the liquid for my smoothie when I could just as easily have measured it straight into the cup that I'm blending in. It seems like a no-brainer to me, and yet, no markings.
on September 30, 2012
Not bad product. But just after a couple uses, part of the blade bent. It has a great power for a small blender (350W) and the single serve cups are really useful for the family. Everyone gets there own favorite smoothie without cleaning a big jar each time. Will see how it goes with the bent blade on the long run but for now, it's still doing its job.