march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Color: Silver|Change

on April 7, 2012
I bought this blender after my original magic bullet started to wear out after 2-3 years of heavy use. I did a lot of research prior to buying the item, and this seemed to have the best reviews. Keep in mind that I only use it for blending smoothies, milkshakes, protein drinks, etc. - so I haven't even used the additional blade. I've had it for about 6 months and haven't regretted it for a moment. Definitely much better quality than the Bullet, easier to clean the cups (I love that there are 4 of them - I would never buy one with just one cup) too. The only minor issue is that it seems like you need more liquid than you would think - sometimes I have to stop, open it up and add more liquid just to make sure it blends properly. However, this is not frequent and not an issue for me. I love how fast it blends and chops ice effortlessly. Plus, it's pretty so I can leave it on my countertop, which is ideal since I use it at least once a day. Even if this blender eventually wears out on me, I would definitely consider buying another one of the same model.
on September 14, 2015
Just so you get a feel for how I review. Really good reviews and the really poor ones usually cancel out for me. They are either brand new users in the honeymoon phase with a product, or a total incompetent with little ability to follow directions and use item as intended....with that out of the way, this blender is stellar. Nothing beats it for the price point. If you are replacing a 'magic bullet', this is a major upgrade. I'll give the reviewer's who say it is loud confirmation here but if you were crushing ice everything is loud! I place it on a dish towel if up early and making a shake to help keep the noise down. Anyone that says that this blender hasnt enough power is not using it correctly. To crush ice you MAY need to use it on the pulse setting if the blender is full to get it started then switch over to the blend setting. You should also be using the four blade chopper where the blades kick up and not the flat ones for mixing drinks...

I have never had anything I could not blend totally and completely with no lumps, anyone who says otherwise, probably shouldn't be allowed to use this blender without supervision. (My experience is strictly with the cups and not the pitcher)Don't overfill, and use the pulse feature, when crushing ice...get rid of your Magic Bullet and get this!!!!
on July 18, 2012
This is absolutely the best blender i have had so far.
We use it to make baby food as well as fruit smoothies, iced coffee's (it crushes ice chunks effortlessly ),
protein shakes and soup for the whole family.
just make sure you use enough liquid. and Especially not to overfill the TRAVEL CUPS as this will put too much stress on the powerful motor.
This problem caused my first Quisinart blender to give up (after very heavy use) but I am buying the exact same one now as I was very happy with it.
Clean up is a breeze and I love the extra travel cups.
Double worth the money.
on September 30, 2012
Not bad product. But just after a couple uses, part of the blade bent. It has a great power for a small blender (350W) and the single serve cups are really useful for the family. Everyone gets there own favorite smoothie without cleaning a big jar each time. Will see how it goes with the bent blade on the long run but for now, it's still doing its job.
on January 6, 2014
I've owned 2 magic bullets prior to buying this unit and the difference is substantial. The motor is better, and the blades are AMAZING in comparison. The MB has a terrible blade and basically just smashes what you put in the cups. This unit from Cuisinart has an excellent cutting blade and does a great job on ICE and other frozen fruit.

My only complaint is about the lids provided for the cups. I would have preferred a more similar "ring" system as is found on the magic bullet system. While I don't like the sippy cup lid design they use, but given the substantially superior cutting base and blades, I'm very happy to have made the switch.

If you dont like to eat your fruit and veggies, this unit offers a great option for you to make smoothies containing 3, 4, or 5 servings of fruit and veggies which really tastes great. Freeze your favorite fresh berries in the summer, or buy frozen packs in your grocery store. Mix some juice, 1-2 ice cubes, 1-2 TBS of Yogurt, a handful of frozen fruit, some fresh Kale and you've got a delicious smoothie ready to go in 30 seconds.

Very good product, would 100% buy again.
on January 20, 2016
PROS:
+ Compact
+ Comes with FOUR smoothie cups & lids
+ Blender jug is large enough for occasional use/not cumbersome as a full-sized blender
+ Nut grinder cup small enough for little items
+ Powerful enough to do chunky smoothies
+ Two speeds plus pulse
+ Sleek look

CONS:
- Smoothie cup lids have an opening to sip through that CANNOT BE CLOSED and therefore these cups are NOT PORTABLE.
- Smoothie cups do not have measurement markings on them. I really hate that I have to dirty a separate measuring cup to measure the liquid for my smoothie when I could just as easily have measured it straight into the cup that I'm blending in. It seems like a no-brainer to me, and yet, no markings.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 4, 2015
UPDATE: Blender is now in the garbage - gear on the bottom melted and fell off trying to blend a frozen strawberry smoothie. This blender was a lemon right from the start and I regret not sending it back.

Original review: I am a little disappointed and concerned with this product. I thought the motor would be stronger then it is. When making smoothies it struggles mixing the entire cup of ingredients and lets off a wire burning smell. I didn't expect to have to stand there and pulse over and over to get things smooth. Sometimes I actually have to take the cup off the motor and hand mix the ingredients so the blades smooth everything.
The "go cups" are really handy though so brought my rating up. I used consistently for months and the burning smell never went away.
on March 30, 2013
I purchased this with my Visa points about a year ago. Seemed to work great when we first plugged it in, but we've found a few issues with the product and have since stopped using it.

The blades were sharp and could get through anything (still are), but the motor isn't powerful enough. It's advertised as being able to chop ice, but throw some frozen banana in for a smoothie and the motor burns out before the smoothie is done. We noticed this with most of the things we make unless making small amounts. The motor takes 15 minutes or so to recover after over heating, so when it gives out, that's as good as it's getting blended.

The cups are really tight in the bottom, I have no idea how you're meant to clean them... It's near impossible to get your hand in the bottom, and the dishwasher doesn't always manage. The cups also have plastic spines? Small lines of plastic from top to bottom on the inside of the cups. I imagine they're for support, but they make for a lengthy cleaning process. The blade is also a hassle to clean. Too many nooks and crannies for things to get stuck in (especially when grinding flax seed!!), and it usually involves taking tooth pics or q-tips to the underneath of the blade, o-ring, etc.

Finally, aside from the cleaning and lack of power, the threads on the blade gave out after a few months. If we put anything in to blend that was more liquid than solid, it would leak while blending (has to be blended upside down). After a while the only thing we could make in it without losing half of it in the process was peanut butter. We've been using our food processor for everything, since. Still in the market for a blender.
on January 15, 2016
I love this blender so far. It is also nice and compact and can fit nicely on a counter without taking much space. I have only had it for a week, but so far it's great. For those who complain of the burning smell, for hard or frozen items, try to use the "pulse" function for a little while first before you start fully blending. Those who do not like that the travel cup lid has an opening that doesn't close, one of the four lids completely closes for travel.
on February 24, 2016
I bought this product as a Christmas present for my mother. By the beginning of January it was already broken. It would not turn on, we suspected that it was because of the motor. We returned it to Amazon and they were quick to replace it. The new product worked great, we loved it until it broke down AGAIN in less than a month. I have never experienced anything so cheap in my life! I really wish that I did not waste my money and that I got my mom a way better gift!