4.0 out of 5 stars All-Stars on Wii
Published on Dec 15 2010 by Tommy Sixx Morais

2.0 out of 5 stars Uh... big issue..
So after seeing this for sale for $110 in my city, I found it ALOT cheaper on Amazon so bought it. I mean how cool would it be to play this on a newer system?!? Welll NOT COOL AT ALL.. impossible to play with the origional WII controller, so I bought the 'old style' flat sideways one instead. The timing is off when you try to run fast & jump, I didnt even get past the...
Published 17 months ago by J. Martineau

4.0 out of 5 stars All-Stars on Wii, Dec 15 2010
Tommy Sixx Morais (The Great White North) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Super Mario All Stars: Limited Edition - Wii (Video Game)
Saying that Mario is a video game icon is an understatement, Mario games have been constant sellers and there continues to be excellent Mario titles to be released. It is only normal that for his 25th anniversary the big N decided to celebrate by releasing a bright red Nintendo Wii AND a special edition of the 1993 Super Mario All Stars. This limited edition of Super Mario All-Stars for the Nintendo Wii is a cool idea for the Nintendo/Mario collectors. Truth is, this could have been done much better. It is the exact same port as the 1993 SNES game of the same name, it doesn't add anything bonus (except the soundtrack), the games can't be played in Wide-screen and the games even shows you the controls on a SNES controller (Nintendo didn't fix this)! I thought that the games looked a little bit better here as I did notice a slight improvement.

Some fans won't get why this is being re released and why to buy it when it's cheaper to get the games from Virtual Console. This was made for fans that wish to own this limited collectible game, if you don't want it or are against this idea then...don't buy it! As for contents, there is nothing much to say really. It's those three first Mario Bros we love so much along with The Lost Levels (2 in Japan), it's basically a port from the SNES Super Mario All-Stars to the Wii. I think the inclusion of the soundtrack was a nice addition (even if Nintendo could have put more songs on it) to Super Mario All-Stars. You get 10 songs that are used in various Mario games such as Mario Bros, Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy and so on, and ten more are basically sounds such as 1 UP and Lose A Life, a cool addition. On the other hand they made the booklet sound a little better than it really is and while it's a nice extra it doesn't have all that much in it, mostly pictures.

Many collectors want this exclusively because it's potential future value and the fact that it's something limited, some even bought two copies so they can play with one and keep the other. I can't say I blame them but I bought my copy to play. I picked this up for 29.99 but know it sells considerably higher on other stores and on the internet. At $30 it is a reasonable price for what it is I believe but being that it is "limited" you may want to consider buying on Amazon if you really can't find a copy. You can still buy these games on Virtual Console if you prefer since after all, it is cheaper to buy that way and this was made for collectors really. I have nothing to complain about I suppose, the soundtrack is an excellent addition and I now have those classics for my Wii. For fun it's a 5 stars, those classics are always fun to play. The soundtrack and booklet are both nice but for overall value it's more like a 3-3.5 because the game itself is just a direct port (it would've been nice to have Super Mario World added or something like that).

5.0 out of 5 stars delivery type, April 7 2011
Hi

I recently purchased Mario Allstars...I am happy to have bought it cause they were my first favorite games when I had the original Nintendo.

Just a comment on the delivery method. I received it in a bubble envelope rather than a box with those foam chips. My other purchases were in this manner. So the game case was dented in some places; other than that the game works fine. just to let you know though that I payed 49$+T on Amazon then found it days later at Zellers for 29.99$+T...those were my only deceptions. This surprised me cause usually i can find it cheaper on amazon which is the reason I bought it here in the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, Dec 13 2010
Linda Berthiaume "LindyCFF" (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Super Mario All Stars: Limited Edition - Wii (Video Game)
I'm so happy that they decided to bring back the classic Mario games on Wii. I loved playing them as a child and still do today :) The only thing I didn't really like was that you have to complete a whole world in order to save your progress which I don't always have time to do. Other than that I have no complaints and I'm very happy with my purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't make em like this anymore., March 18 2014
This review is from: Super Mario All Stars: Limited Edition - Wii (Video Game)
You can't beat the classics! Only thing missing is super Mario world, but it's a great game package for people who enjoy the simple old games.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Mario All Stars (Wii) from 'The Vault', Dec 11 2013
This review is from: Super Mario All Stars: Limited Edition - Wii (Video Game)
The delivery was quick and it came nicely packaged I have no regrets in purchasing this product from the Vault it was also at a reasonable price. I have not yet to see the game in action, at is it a gift for my boyfriend, but it is completly sealed so I have no concerns.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Treat, May 29 2013
This review is from: Super Mario All Stars: Limited Edition - Wii (Video Game)
I found this to be so incredibly awesome, I loved playing all the old games and sharing them with my family. What a blast. It is a real treat to be able to see the kids enjoy a game I played long ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must own, May 17 2013
This review is from: Super Mario All Stars: Limited Edition - Wii (Video Game)
The sooner you get your hands on one of these the better (best yet 2) one you can keep for yourself to play and the other to hide away, mark my words it will be worth more than what you paid for it someday. Its a history unmatched, classic start to the game consoles, and through the decades, its awesome. Put your $$$ down for this, you can order classic controllers for the wii.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Old School Game, Feb. 25 2013
Zman (Winnipeg, MB) - See all my reviews
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Super Mario All Stars: Limited Edition - Wii (Video Game)
After all the new Super Mario Bros. games that my Son likes and wanted me to play it was great to show him where it all began...pixels and all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, Feb. 22 2013
This review is from: Super Mario All Stars: Limited Edition - Wii (Video Game)
If you loved the old school super Mario brothers I recommend buying this game. It will give you and your family hours of fun! I am not a gamer at all but this is one I look forward to playing

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Game, Sept. 6 2012
This review is from: Super Mario All Stars: Limited Edition - Wii (Video Game)
try it because you get 4 games with this and it should come with a music disc and mario pictures

Super Mario All Stars: Limited Edition - Wii