5.0 out of 5 stars This should be the standard KitchenAid beater!
Published on Nov. 29 2011 by JJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for scraping the sides of the bowl, but...
This is a good for reducing the number of times you need to stop to scrape the bowl. However, even on the lowest setting it causes the whatever you are making to flick out of the bowl requiring more cleanup. Not sure if its really a time saver. I used it with the standard mixer in the 4.5qt stainless steel bowl.
Published on April 20 2012 by Arthur Elms

5.0 out of 5 stars This should be the standard KitchenAid beater!, Nov. 29 2011
JJ (Ottawa, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitchenAid KFE5T Flex Edge Beater (for Artisan, Ultra Power, Classic, and Custom Stand Mixers) (Kitchen)
It isn't often that I am 100% satisfied with a purchase but today KitchenAid has made my day! Say goodbye to stopping the mixer frequently to scrape down the sides. This beater works like a charm, scraping the sides and bottom to facilitate smooth and even ingredient blending. I absolutely love it and would highly recommend it to anyone owning a KitchenAid mixer. It is a fantastic addition! KitchenAid should be including this as the standard beater with their mixer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Dec 20 2011
Works wonders. I don't need to stop my blender at all anymore. It scrapes the bowl for me! Definitely worth it!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for scraping the sides of the bowl, but..., April 20 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, April 20 2012
Love the KitchenAid Flex Edge Beater! Must admit I was somewhat skeptical but the other reviews were a big help in making that final decision to order one. Glad I did! No more stopping to scrape the bowl during the mixing process, the flex edge beater did an excellent job of scraping the bowl and incorporating all the ingredients. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, Oct. 17 2012
Love this flat beater! No longer do I have to use a plastic spatula to move stuff off the bowl and into the centre. Great purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!!, Dec 21 2012
I should have bought this when it first came out...because now I don't know how I lived without it! Don't hesitate...get it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Great, Dec 1 2012
Great product. A must for the kitchen. This beater gets right to the edge and is perfect when making up chocolate chip cookies. Thanks Amazon for the quick delivery and as advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, Jan. 29 2012
what a great accessory for my new stand mixer. It works well and means much less spatula work, saving the time of lifting the mixer head. Its a shame Kitchenaid doesn't include one of these blades with their mixers!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT fit K5SS KitchenAid Mixer but DOES fit K45SS., Dec 12 2013
Mara Jade (Niagara Falls, ON) - See all my reviews
The picture used for the 4.5/5-qt. beater (KFE5T) is actually the KFE6L model (for 6/6.5-qt. size). The smaller version only has connecting arm inside it instead of two.

I bought the KFE5T beater for my mother's old K5SS KitchenAid mixer after lots of research to determine the right size. Since her mixer is listed everywhere as 5-qt., I bought this one, but apparently measurements were different back then because it was waaaay too small.

This beater does however fit my own K45SS mixer perfectly so I will be keeping it.

To figure out which one to buy for yourself:
Measure the length of your beater. The 4.5/5-qt. beater (KFE5T) is 6 inches from top to bottom, while the 6/6.5-qt. beater (KFE6L) is 7.25 inches long.

4.0 out of 5 stars Saves me time in the kitchen, July 13 2014
I really like beater. I am spending less time scraping down the sides of the bowl. Some issues that I have with it are: it isn't as effective at scraping the bottom of the bowl, and I notice some of the dry ingredients stick to the rubber part and I have to scrap it off occasionally. No big deal.

I did have a problem with the rubber part splitting and cracking a few months after I purchased it, even though I only used it on batters and nothing that should damage it. Contacted KitchenAid and they quickly sent out a replacement which has been working great and doesn't have the same issue. They have awesome customer service!

CDN$ 39.99 CDN$ 30.00