countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on May 8, 2016
great product, well made, and arrived in excellent condition. The wife is enjoying using it, and loves the product. It take the work out of scraping things down in the bowl, and she is so happy with the product. Would recommend this product
on November 29, 2011
It isn't often that I am 100% satisfied with a purchase but today KitchenAid has made my day! Say goodbye to stopping the mixer frequently to scrape down the sides. This beater works like a charm, scraping the sides and bottom to facilitate smooth and even ingredient blending. I absolutely love it and would highly recommend it to anyone owning a KitchenAid mixer. It is a fantastic addition! KitchenAid should be including this as the standard beater with their mixer.
on April 20, 2012
This is a good for reducing the number of times you need to stop to scrape the bowl. However, even on the lowest setting it causes the whatever you are making to flick out of the bowl requiring more cleanup. Not sure if its really a time saver. I used it with the standard mixer in the 4.5qt stainless steel bowl.
on April 26, 2016
It's tougher built than the plastic aftermarket scraper blades but does not mix as well as the other style (scraper on both sides). You'll still have to lift the mixer and scrape the bottom of the bowl once during mixing to get the 'dry' ingredients fully in the middle. I broke my other scraper as it was plastic and replaced it with this one, however, if I were to place the order again I would still rather have the plastic double scraper blade. This one is OK just not great.
on June 7, 2016
Looked online for this piece as they are so expensive in the store. Wasn't much cheaper online, but I guess a dollar not spent is a dollar saved right. Either way, it's a great product and definitely my preferred attachment.
on January 24, 2016
Whereas I think the product is awesome, I'm not happy at all with how the product arrived. Through the plastic packaging, there was what looked like dust on the silicone part of the scraper, except that it was yellowish (see photo). I opened it and ran my finger on the "dust" and it seemed thick. I smelled it and it wasn't dust, it was MOULD. Not cool. Please tell me how old got inside my packaging. Now I have to soak it in bleach.
review image
on April 20, 2012
Love the KitchenAid Flex Edge Beater! Must admit I was somewhat skeptical but the other reviews were a big help in making that final decision to order one. Glad I did! No more stopping to scrape the bowl during the mixing process, the flex edge beater did an excellent job of scraping the bowl and incorporating all the ingredients. I highly recommend it.
on July 27, 2016
The extra plastic helps to get all the dough from the edges but it's not perfect ! Still have to stop the machine and scrape the sides frequently ! I do like the white coating. Makes it easy to clean !
on December 12, 2013
The picture used for the 4.5/5-qt. beater (KFE5T) is actually the KFE6L model (for 6/6.5-qt. size). The smaller version only has connecting arm inside it instead of two.

I bought the KFE5T beater for my mother's old K5SS KitchenAid mixer after lots of research to determine the right size. Since her mixer is listed everywhere as 5-qt., I bought this one, but apparently measurements were different back then because it was waaaay too small.

This beater does however fit my own K45SS mixer perfectly so I will be keeping it.

To figure out which one to buy for yourself:
Measure the length of your beater. The 4.5/5-qt. beater (KFE5T) is 6 inches from top to bottom, while the 6/6.5-qt. beater (KFE6L) is 7.25 inches long.
on June 30, 2016
Found that I had to mix ingredients with whisk before turning mixer on. Dry ingredients collected along rubber edge. Positively I did not have to use a spatula to clean side of bowl so I will keep it.