biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Simple and secure cloud storage Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on November 29, 2011
It isn't often that I am 100% satisfied with a purchase but today KitchenAid has made my day! Say goodbye to stopping the mixer frequently to scrape down the sides. This beater works like a charm, scraping the sides and bottom to facilitate smooth and even ingredient blending. I absolutely love it and would highly recommend it to anyone owning a KitchenAid mixer. It is a fantastic addition! KitchenAid should be including this as the standard beater with their mixer.
0Comment56 of 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2012
This is a good for reducing the number of times you need to stop to scrape the bowl. However, even on the lowest setting it causes the whatever you are making to flick out of the bowl requiring more cleanup. Not sure if its really a time saver. I used it with the standard mixer in the 4.5qt stainless steel bowl.
on April 20, 2012
Love the KitchenAid Flex Edge Beater! Must admit I was somewhat skeptical but the other reviews were a big help in making that final decision to order one. Glad I did! No more stopping to scrape the bowl during the mixing process, the flex edge beater did an excellent job of scraping the bowl and incorporating all the ingredients. I highly recommend it.
on December 20, 2011
Works wonders. I don't need to stop my blender at all anymore. It scrapes the bowl for me! Definitely worth it!!
on December 21, 2012
I should have bought this when it first came out...because now I don't know how I lived without it! Don't hesitate...get it now!
on December 1, 2012
Great product. A must for the kitchen. This beater gets right to the edge and is perfect when making up chocolate chip cookies. Thanks Amazon for the quick delivery and as advertised.
on October 17, 2012
Love this flat beater! No longer do I have to use a plastic spatula to move stuff off the bowl and into the centre. Great purchase.
on December 12, 2013
The picture used for the 4.5/5-qt. beater (KFE5T) is actually the KFE6L model (for 6/6.5-qt. size). The smaller version only has connecting arm inside it instead of two.

I bought the KFE5T beater for my mother's old K5SS KitchenAid mixer after lots of research to determine the right size. Since her mixer is listed everywhere as 5-qt., I bought this one, but apparently measurements were different back then because it was waaaay too small.

This beater does however fit my own K45SS mixer perfectly so I will be keeping it.

To figure out which one to buy for yourself:
Measure the length of your beater. The 4.5/5-qt. beater (KFE5T) is 6 inches from top to bottom, while the 6/6.5-qt. beater (KFE6L) is 7.25 inches long.
on January 29, 2012
what a great accessory for my new stand mixer. It works well and means much less spatula work, saving the time of lifting the mixer head. Its a shame Kitchenaid doesn't include one of these blades with their mixers!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 5, 2014
A bit of background. I owned an older KitchenAid before the company started making this part. When the original beater blade gave up (after about 20 years), I ordered a different brand of beater blade with the silicone edge, also from Amazon. It was wonderful, so much better than the original that comes with the mixer.

Sadly, that old mixer died earlier this year and my non-KitchenAid scraping beater blade didn't fit my new Artisan. By now KitchenAid was making them, so I thought surely that theirs would be better than the 'New Metro Design' blade.

Well I was wrong. I've been using this piece for about six months now, and I've decided I'm going to see if I can get a 'New Metro Design' blade to fit my Artisan, because the KitchenAid version just doesn't do the job. It does not scrape the sides of the bowl - close, but doesn't actually touch, so I still have to stop mid-mix to use a rubber spatula for that job. And as I took my cookie dough out of the bowl this afternoon, I once again noticed crumbs of flour and such in the bottom. I acknowledge that part could be my fault, maybe I don't have the screw in the neck of the mixer adjusted properly so that it will touch the bottom. But I don't believe there's any way I can make the silicone bit scrape the sides of the bowl like it's supposed to.

It is an improvement over the coated beater blade that comes with the mixer (even more disappointing when you pay so much for the mixer), so it gets two stars instead of one. And is a good product in theory. But it just doesn't work for the Artisan model.