biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno snsflyour

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on July 12, 2013
Liked the machete, came in handy at the camp and it was a lot cheaper than what was being sold in the stores for a lesser quality.
on March 27, 2013
I bought this product a few weeks ago, I am fairly impressed with the purchase. Nice grip, it looks deceiving in the thumbnail but it's actually pretty good. The sheath is durable as well. The blade itself is strong it came not that sharp, but it is a machete and doesn't require to be sharpened, I cut about 2 inch thick logs in a few swings. So it is well made, the saw on the blade is half decent, it will get the job done but you will have to put effort into it.

I think the only improvements that can be made is a grip that wraps around my hand, so i don't have to worry about something whipping my fingers, and a better saw for cutting thicker wood.
on November 16, 2013
This machete is strong, well made and a steal at 24 bucks! The only thing wrong with it is that it is not full tang, if it were I would have given 5 instead of 4/5 and would have gladly paid more to have it that way!

It stood up well on a trail maintenance day and the saw is quite useful, sharp as well. The edge on the machete had to be sharpened but that is not the end of the world especially for the price.
on May 3, 2014
Ok so let me start off by saying i have yet to actually take this thing out into the wilderness. that being said gerber offers a lifetime warranty on the blade so for all you people complaining perhaps you should contact them. The handle is super comfortable and grippy. also the saw back on it seems like it would hack up a branch in no time also the sheath is well constructed and durable. The only thing that would make this any better is if the hardware clamping the handle down came tighter, so just give that a crank down before you go out. For the price its a great deal.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Haven't tested it on any brush yet.

However, the machete seems right.

Pros:
- Safety lanyard that when used properly prevents your hand riding up the blade due to a mistake;
- Blade seems solid and sufficiently sharp for light bushes and plants that machetes are designed for;
- Sheath included, seems sufficient for storage;
- Good value;
- No sawtooth on the cutting edge of the blade (thank God);

Cons:
- Nil for now, we'll see when it gets tested on the path.
on August 18, 2014
Love it but it's not as sharp as I thought it would be. I understand its meant for hacking but I still would like the ability to cut through finer materials other than brush. Anyways, I would buy it again cause it seems very solid and does the job. No real complaints here. Just remember what the purpose of a machete is.. To cut through brush, branches and thicket. As long as you keep that in mind you will be very happy with it.
on January 21, 2016
Not full tang, but still sturdy after heavy use...
I've literally beat the crap out of this thing and take with me on every camping trip I go on.
If your looking for a cheap machete to hack through the bush on weekends you'll be happy with it.
It's gotten a few dings in it over time, so if you are a serious woodsman you might wanna go full tang, but for most summertime campers you won't be dissapointed.
on February 26, 2013
I gave it 4 stars, I've used it a fair bit and really like handle, with lanyard and the sheath is very good. The issue with the sheath is that the machete doesn't always go in easily - but that is an easier one to live with. The mahcete also needed sharpening, but that can be understood with shipping a very sharp instrument!!

I have not had the breakage concerns of others posts, and have been using this to de-bark firewood and remove small branches from pine, tamarack and birch trees - no issues. The one thing that would give this machete a 5-star rating would be a d-handle that would protect your hands while using it. Other than that, a very good product at a decent price.
on February 9, 2015
As others have mentioned previously, the blade is indeed tough. And it does have both a knife side and a saw side.
I found the blade to be sharp, but not overly which could be a bad thing over time.
The saw is VERY handy. I used it for the ginormous weeds in my backyard. Not bad for a garden tool. Sheath is a great touch to keep it protected from elements.
on July 3, 2014
Seems a decent blade for the price. Comfortable to hold and weighted fairly well. Mine was quite sharp out of the box; not razor sharp, but definitely sharp enough to slice through 1/2" broom stalks and salmonberry bushes. Maybe I'm gripping it oddly, but after some use it began rubbing the base of my palm and eventually caused blisters.