4.0 out of 5 stars Hip Street Handi-Scan Portable Scanner, HS-SCNR410
Bought one Jan/26/2013,at Best Buy for 69.99 on special + Lexar 16GB micro card & adapter for 14.99,does what it claims,but they forget to mention that it also scans at 900 dpi ,great for receipts and thing that don't fit in a regular scanner,it takes a little practice,I use it with a clipboard,I use my fingers as a guide & slide it down,I get nice straight scans.
I...
Published 15 months ago by rene mckinnon

1.0 out of 5 stars unreliable, wonky power issues
just spent 10 minutes trying different batteries

Published on Feb. 28 2012 by R.C.

1.0 out of 5 stars unreliable, wonky power issues, Feb. 28 2012
This review is from: Hip Street Handi-Scan Portable Scanner, HS-SCNR410 (Accessory)
just spent 10 minutes trying different batteries

If the battery is too charged (freshly charged 2200ah 1.2v nimh rechargeables im using) then all the lcd's light up and the unit is inoperable. once it's been on for a while (draining battery) then it seems to work ok, but it sucks up battery power pretty fast - i would estimate 20-30 documents and you need to change batteries.

it is 3 weeks past warranty so nothing i can do now but give it a poor rating and recommend against buying this item. I would change my rating if best buy sends me another one (of course they are under no obligation to do so) :||

plus it won't charge off of usb - silly.

as far as document scanning - it will clip the top few mm of the page just because of the mechanics of how it works. you need a very steady hand and smooth motion, even then it can go crooked quite easily. also i wish it had a built in lower resolution as i need to email all my scanned docs - so i have to go into microsoft picture manager and compress the images individually - quite a pain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hip Street Handi-Scan Portable Scanner, HS-SCNR410, May 26 2013
rene mckinnon (Gatineau Qubec) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I still need a little practice on larger pictures,one wrong move & the picture's deformed,great for library visits,where you need to copy a few pages of text,before owning this unit,I took pictures with my 16mp camera,worked out,but the scanner is more practical,comes with a pouch to keep clean & a little soft cloth to clean the lens & 2 AA batteries + a micro usb cable to transfer your data,check out the pictures,I'm still getting used to it,trying the different dpi resolutions (900,600,&300dpi-dots per square inch & makes PDF files as well)receipts only need to be scanned at 300dpi,pictures look clearer with more dot per square inch .It claims around 200 scans on a set of batteries,I mainly got one just to scan receipts,my mom call me often to get her receipts copied,she thinks it's very practical,now she doesn't need to go out & pay for photocopies,I'm totally amazed how this little thing can scan great quality pictures,with nice colors,I recommended it for anyone one the go,it's like having your office with you,worth the 80-100$
My first scan was the manual,so I could have easy access to it,until I master it & it's easier to read it on my 32 inch computer screen than the little print in the 3 page instruction manual,I also make multiple scans & pick the best ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice little item, Nov. 22 2011
this is a great little portable scanner. It does everything stated plus more. I would recommend this item to anyone who need to scan receipts, notes, letters or anything else while on the move. This device is truly portable and very easy to use.

Hip Street Handi-Scan Portable Scanner, HS-SCNR410