5.0 out of 5 stars the subtle pangs of our lives.
Published on March 5 2012 by Peter Andronas

3.0 out of 5 stars We can learn to trust & be who we are at any age.
The two basic premises of this film are that one learn to trust another person enough to commit to a relationship; and that at any age, one can start to live his life without subterfuge. Although the movie's pace was somewhat uneven, the excellent acting by Christopher Plummer & Ewan McGregor along with a scene stealing Jack Russell terrier made for an enjoyable film.
Published 19 months ago by Garry

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, sad and, yet some how happy, April 11 2012
This review is from: NEW Beginners (DVD) (DVD)
I absolutely adored this movie. It's awkward, witty and tender. It tells the story that often goes untold in terms of family stigmas. I think they did an excellent job. Notably, you will have a different perception of the film depending on your outlook on life. I found it to be quite uplifting, but I know others who found it depressing. It's worth a watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars the subtle pangs of our lives., March 5 2012
Peter Andronas "Petros" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NEW Mcgegor/plummer/laurent - Beginners (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray)
This is an exceptional film with great performances. It reminds me of the film The Graduate in its use of visual style and has those kind of real and quirky characters. I have been told by so many that this is one of their favorite films and I agree. It touches the soul and does it with a beautiful visual flair. We are reminded of our own flawed but wonderful humanity and by the time you get to know the dog and his own animal needs and tenderness you're hooked.

3.0 out of 5 stars We can learn to trust & be who we are at any age., Dec 12 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Underwhelming dvd package, Nov. 2 2013
Jessy Ross (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) - See all my reviews
This is only about the product, not the film itself:
I agree with others; I didn't realize it came in a DVD sized case, and not a blu-ray ( not too big a deal, but it would have been nice to know). It was also dented/ripped from delivery, so a little more diligent packaging would have helped. Great price though, and it came with a few extras, so I'm not too disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great movie - not the packaging I was expecting, April 1 2013
Just an FYI - this is a DVD + Blu-Ray, it comes in a DVD case not a Blu-Ray one as expected.

2.0 out of 5 stars movie, Feb. 6 2013
Lesley Allison "tomboy" (Grand Portage, Minnesota, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NEW Beginners (DVD) (DVD)
Arrived in good shape. Was previously used. Ordered because Christopher Plummer nominated for an Oscar . I found it boring and not funny.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beginners Should Have Ended Before It Started, Feb. 26 2012
This review is from: NEW Beginners (DVD) (DVD)
Awful movie - bought it because of the Academy Award win for best supporting actor. However, it is dull, hard to follow, boring from the beginning, middle and end. Beginners should have never started.

NEW Mcgegor/plummer/laurent - Beginners (Blu-ray)
Used & New from: CDN$ 2.85