march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture sports Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Blu-ray|Change
Price:$17.42+ $3.49 shipping

on April 11, 2012
I absolutely adored this movie. It's awkward, witty and tender. It tells the story that often goes untold in terms of family stigmas. I think they did an excellent job. Notably, you will have a different perception of the film depending on your outlook on life. I found it to be quite uplifting, but I know others who found it depressing. It's worth a watch.
on March 5, 2012
This is an exceptional film with great performances. It reminds me of the film The Graduate in its use of visual style and has those kind of real and quirky characters. I have been told by so many that this is one of their favorite films and I agree. It touches the soul and does it with a beautiful visual flair. We are reminded of our own flawed but wonderful humanity and by the time you get to know the dog and his own animal needs and tenderness you're hooked.
on December 12, 2012
The two basic premises of this film are that one learn to trust another person enough to commit to a relationship; and that at any age, one can start to live his life without subterfuge. Although the movie's pace was somewhat uneven, the excellent acting by Christopher Plummer & Ewan McGregor along with a scene stealing Jack Russell terrier made for an enjoyable film.
We all have a life story to tell, some more interesting than others. What makes a story interesting is not always the story, but the story teller. If I thought telling my life story by showing photos of dead presidents and shooting film with no talking and just a sad piano playing, I wouldn't even expect my family to watch such pretentious BS. This is what we got in this film, a lousy story teller.

Oliver's gay father has passed on, with dad coming out of the closet at age 75. Oliver (Ewan McGregor) meets a girl (Mélanie Laurent) but has trouble with the long term relationship thing. It seems that at 38, the most normal relationship he can relate anything to his his old gay dad (Christopher Plummer) and his younger gay lover. Seriously? At 38? That's the best? Oh wait, this is a gays are 50's Americana film.

He meets Anna who is somewhat of a free spirit. I thought she was perfect as a mute, but as it turns out she only had laryngitis. Poor Oliver has trouble in a relationship with a hot blond that throws herself at him.

Perhaps the film symbolism/ metaphor was above my head as I didn't think the flashback scenes meshed well with the present. The film was slow and boring and I am still looking for the clever, brilliant, and funny scenes claimed on the DVD cover. I thought "Milk" was better.

F-bomb, implied sex, back nudity.
on July 18, 2015
Wonderful movie. I would recommend it to anyone.
on November 2, 2013
This is only about the product, not the film itself:
I agree with others; I didn't realize it came in a DVD sized case, and not a blu-ray ( not too big a deal, but it would have been nice to know). It was also dented/ripped from delivery, so a little more diligent packaging would have helped. Great price though, and it came with a few extras, so I'm not too disappointed.
on February 20, 2015
Outstanding story and film
on November 3, 2014
Very Satisfied Thank's!
on February 23, 2015
completely unmemorable
on April 1, 2013
Just an FYI - this is a DVD + Blu-Ray, it comes in a DVD case not a Blu-Ray one as expected.