5.0 out of 5 stars Thought-provoking story
Published on Feb. 25 2012 by a joyful lover of life

3.0 out of 5 stars They kind of fluffed it up.
My husband and I listened to the CDs of the book The Help and found it very good. I bought the DVD for him for Christmas. We enjoyed the actors and seeing the story come to life but it wasn't as poignent as the book. There were too many changes that made the story too fluffy.

I was happy with the service from the seller.
Published on Feb. 3 2012 by Mree

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought-provoking story, Feb. 25 2012
This review is from: The Help (Bilingual) (DVD)
The Help did not stay in theatres as long as I expected. It was such a good film that I decided to buy the DVD so that I could share it with friends my age, and several young people as well. It is a good consciousness raiser on how otherwise well-meaning people can be unaware of the life stresses of others with whom they interact. It is interesting to compare the book and the film: because they are different media, there are some variations worth noting. I recommend it to any viewer who cares about building understanding and empathy that lead to positive action.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PLOT, WELL PERFORMED AND COMPELLING FILM, Dec 29 2011
This review is from: The Help (Bilingual) (DVD)
This is very poignant film, and one that has a serious subject; but is very well done and has some very moments in the film. It is a film (nowhere related in subject) that I would rate on par for performance and a very good film with "Shawshank Redemption". Anyone who appreciates the characteristics of our human nature, such determination, courage, humour and love of others, will appreciate this film. It is certainly a film that you can watch intermittently over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Help, Jan. 6 2012
This review is from: The Help (Bilingual) (DVD)
This is one of those movies if you read the book you will still love the movie. Ron Howards daughter is fantastic in this movie - talented like her father. My wife remembers travelling to Florida on vacation as young teenager seeing the racism that exisited in the sixties with segregated schools and washrooms for coloureds and whites. Truly a movie everyone should see to understand our history not all that long ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this movie, March 28 2015
I really enjoyed this movie, and I cried too. We don't realize how some people were treated back then, and even today, we still have cases of abuse and people who take advantage of some helpless child or adult. And many of the black people were so wrongly looked at as slaves, and so many were so kind , even though they had to obey when told to do something. So many were giving good advice to the children whose parents had no time for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionally entertaining, Jan. 3 2013
This review is from: The Help (Bilingual) (DVD)
Great cast and wonderful acting. Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer are superb. Working with a well-written script, the actors do an excellent job in bringing to life on the screen an interesting mix of characters. Using humour, they deliver a message that is timeless. You will applaud, laugh and also get your ire up with some characters that you would want to shake up! Watch the film and do read the book and you will not be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent movie, June 30 2014
This review is from: The Help (Bilingual) (DVD)
This came to me very highly recommended and we were not disappointed one bit! Touch and real story set in southern racist Mississippi, it's terrible what black people had to endure back then, very sad when you think what so called "good Christians" did without any second thought, to think that to this day there are still people that think like that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Service & Condition Upon Arrival, July 5 2014
This review is from: The Help (Bilingual) (DVD)
Excellent movie, excellent service & excellent condition upon arrival!
One of my favourite movies.

3.0 out of 5 stars They kind of fluffed it up., Feb. 3 2012
This review is from: The Help (Bilingual) (DVD)

I was happy with the service from the seller.

4.0 out of 5 stars Completely sad that these attitudes still exist, June 6 2013
This review is from: The Help (Bilingual) (DVD)
This movie was recommended to me and I liked it for the story line even though some of the dialogue was " over done ". I would certainly recommend it to everyone, especially those who think they need a " nanny, housekeeper etc. " And especially to some of my caucasian friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars great movie, Aug. 23 2013
George Jones - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Help (Bilingual) (DVD)
It's easy to understand why this movie won awards. This is one to be watched over and over again. A difficult subject, racial discrimination, is met head-on, in a fascinating story with superb acting. This really is a must-see. You won't be disappointed.

The Help (Bilingual)
The Help (Bilingual) by Emma Stone (DVD - 2011)
CDN$ 16.99 CDN$ 11.99