5.0 out of 5 stars available at Acorn
Midsomer Murders Set 17 I am giving this a "5" even though I haven't seen it as in order to publish this review I have to rate it. I like to know what is on a disc before I order it so I checked at Acorn and found this information

Disc 1
The Dogleg Murders

Published on Dec 17 2010 by Sher

3.0 out of 5 stars Midsomer Murders Set 17
It was an okay gift. The recipient watches the show all the time but did not mention it as being excellent.
Published 16 months ago by bobbert

5.0 out of 5 stars available at Acorn, Dec 17 2010

Disc 1
The Dogleg Murders

A peaceful afternoon on the links turns fatal when a man is bludgeoned at the notoriously difficult 13th hole. The crime scene is a high-status local golf club that has long stirred up resentments between the moneyed members and villagers clamoring for a taste of luxury. Barnaby's investigation sees him coping with haughty club members, sibling rivalry, and the icy Eileen Fountain--the club's domineering manager.

Disc 2
The Black Book

When a painting by celebrated landscape artist Henry Hogson goes up for auction, art dealers descend upon the village. Local collectors are outraged when the work sells to an out-of-towner for a princely sum. Soon after, a brutal murderer begins targeting the Midsomer art world. Further complicating the case, the usually collected Barnaby becomes besotted with a pretty art teacher with a dubious past.

Disc 3
Secrets and Spies

Something is killing sheep in Midsomer Parva, and whispers abound that it's the mysterious "beast of Midsomer." Meanwhile, Barnaby's former career in espionage comes to light after he reluctantly agrees to officiate at a cricket match. The situation turns sinister when the beast moves on to human prey, leading Barnaby to believe that the killings are connected to a Cold War grudge.

Disc 4
The Glitch

Software magnate Clinton Finn funds the construction of a new building for a local school, but not everyone is impressed with his generosity. George Jeffers claims the air-traffic control program he created for Finn is defective and possibly deadly, but the millionaire American insists they press on with the lucrative product. After several people are killed, the detectives must discern who had the most to gain by withholding information about the faulty software.

5.0 out of 5 stars I still enjoy the Barnaby Series, June 2 2011
Duchess "Duchess" (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Midsomer Murders Set 17 (DVD)
We really enjoy the Barnaby Series. This one is just as good as the rest! I find that these by far are much more fun and interesting to watch than what the Jessica Fletcher Series ever had to offer. We also find that from what is on these days, these are good to have when there is ABSOLUTELY nothing on cable to watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Trip to England, March 21 2011
This review is from: Midsomer Murders Set 17 (DVD)
Watching Midsomer Murders is likeing taking a trip to England without leaving home. We own all the previous sets and this last set was by far one of there best.

Midsomer Murders Set 17

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Set, May 17 2014
This review is from: Midsomer Murders Set 17 (DVD)
I love this series of Midsomer Mysteries and enjoy watching them more than once. I have most of the sets and enjoy when a new one is released.

5.0 out of 5 stars good as usual, Aug. 22 2013
CRYSTALLINE "CRYSTALLINE" (CANADA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Midsomer Murders Set 17 (DVD)
Midsomer Murder is a must watch for all british mystery/crime fans. I have watched the complete set of all seasons at least 50 times and still the discs work as good as new,

3.0 out of 5 stars Midsomer Murders Set 17, May 6 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good gift, March 26 2013
This review is from: Midsomer Murders Set 17 (DVD)
I bought this series as a gift. The person for whom I bought it was really pleased and had no complaint about the quality of the contents. I have no opinion about the series itself but I do know Midsomer Murders has a large following.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Aug. 11 2014
Genny Glatt (calgary, alberta canada) - See all my reviews
excellent!!!

Midsomer Murders Set 17
Midsomer Murders Set 17 by Renny Rye (DVD - 2011)
CDN$ 64.99 CDN$ 35.48