5.0 out of 5 stars leverage - best summer series!!
Love, love, love these flawed and flaky characters. Just enough hilarity to pepper their capers' drama. The pilot
is crucial to understanding their contract, but every episode unwraps another layer of the situation. Can't wait for Season 2. July 15 2009 TNT.
Published on July 11 2009 by Maryann Cameron

3.0 out of 5 stars Plays like a 80's show
I got bored after 3 of 4 episodes. The plot was predictable and after a while it got me thinking that it played like a 1980's comedy-crime show. Not worth my time. I've got lots of other shows to watch!
Published 10 months ago by Sly Swing

5.0 out of 5 stars leverage - best summer series!!, July 11 2009
Maryann Cameron "alberablair" (SPRUCE GROVE, ALBERTA Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars totally awesome, Aug. 5 2011
This review is from: Leverage: The Complete First Season (DVD)
Leverage is soooooooooooo AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I love it, the acting is amazing, the movie is funny, clean, and ever so entertaining!!!!It is you modern day A TEAM and Robin Hood with skill. they are a band of thieves that steal from the rich and give back to those that have been stolen from. You like all the actors. One is a Grifter, one is a Hacker, one is the best thief in the world ( they portay her as that on the movie) then there is the Hitter, and the Mastermind. Sophie ( grifter ), Hardison ( hacker) Parker ( thief ) Eliot ( hitter) and Nathen ford the mastermind.
Buy it you will love it, trust me

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you wondering til the end, Sept. 13 2009
ada (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
Great series! Five different characters get together to do a single job end up forming a team for the rest of the season. There is the 'master mind', the 'seductive woman', the 'computer wiz', the 'fight expert' and the 'silent thief'. Together they help people from injustice.
The writers keep you wondering what are they going to do next, because nothing ever works according to the initial plan. There is a little bit of humor, of caring and a lot of intrigue ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Robin Hood gone Badass, June 11 2013
This review is from: Leverage: The Complete First Season (DVD)
Leverage is a wonderful TV series, action-packed, filled with comedy, cool technologies, and wonderful, well thought out characters. In its essence, the show intends to partake a good versus evil morale while simultaneously questioning the boundaries of the law; a modern-day Robin Hood story about a bunch of "criminals" who take down major corporations and return a sense of dignity and pride to the people who have been wronged by them. The first and second seasons are probably the best seasons of the show. Be careful, the series is addictive! I bet you can't just watch one episode... Happy Watching!

4.0 out of 5 stars Leverage: Drama and Humour in perfect balance, Feb. 12 2013
This review is from: Leverage: The Complete First Season (DVD)
For reasons I need not go into, I had seen season 3 of Leverage first and was curious as to how such a show would start.
I bought Season 1 and am VERY glad I did.
There have been a number of good crime dramas coming out of the US in recent years - more than ever before, I would say - but rarely, perhaps not since the primitive days of "Magnum PI" and "The Rockford Files" have I seen one which manages to tell good stories, even make solid points about life and society, but still keep its tongue firmly in its cheek as well as Leverage does.
Misfit characters abound on TV these days, often in ensemble casts and not confined to "Seinfeld-like" worlds, but never have I seen such a combination of eccentrics and odd-balls gel so well in a series with realistic (if sometimes far-fetched) story lines that also make real and worthwhile points.
Seeing this ill-matched yet super-functional team reluctantly come together in season 1 has been a delight - it is superbly written and acted.
The only reason I am not finding myself able to give it a "5" is that one or two episodes cross the fine line from far-fetched to ludicrous. Those few are still great fun but they diminish the expectations I have of those that follow - I find it a hard series to "trust".
"24" and "Prison Break" didn't do that - but didn't have the humour either. Somehow, though, they'd get the "5". Not fair, perhaps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series!, Jan. 3 2012
This review is from: Leverage: The Complete First Season (DVD)
I had never heard of this series, most likely because it is not on a regular Canadian network, but after reading a review in Entertainment Weekly for a fourth season epsiode I wanted to check it out. I took my chances and bought all three seasons to take advantage of both the sale at the time and the free shipping. I am really glad I did. This series is both funny and exciting. I genuinely liked all the characters and wanted to learn more about them. Each show is about a new con and through the con and the characters' reactions, we slowly learn more about each member of the team. To be honest, I found the first two seasons better than the third season. I don't know if there are different writers of Leverage season three but the dialogue and reactions do not always seem in character. It seems like the con was written and then they made the characters fit in rather than writing for the characters. Perhaps it is because I watched all three seasons in a two week period and was just getting to know them. However, I still enjoyed it enough to look forward to when season 4 hits the DVD market.

5.0 out of 5 stars great series, July 4 2010
L. clarke "sukie23" (ontario) - See all my reviews
This is a formula good guys bad guys with a bit of a twist which I won't reveal. However, the acting is so well done that the characters are believable. the characters also grow with each episode so your interest is peaked. I have yet to see a badly acted Timothy Hutton part. His characters are always strong yet vulnerable in various ways. anyone looking for something a little different in the way of a detective series should definitely get this. I can hardly wait for season3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, April 3 2014
This review is from: Leverage: The Complete First Season (DVD)
I was hooked after watching the first episode, and there aren't too many series that can pull you in that quickly. The actors play their rolls well and they mesh right from the start. Quirky and interesting, each very different from the other, the characters play off of each other in a humourous and thoroughly entertaining way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it !, Nov. 25 2013
This review is from: Leverage: The Complete First Season (DVD)
We watched the whole show on TV and decided to by it. Well worth it.
Nothing dirty in there.
Great entertainment !

3.0 out of 5 stars Plays like a 80's show, Sept. 19 2013

Leverage: The Complete First Season
Leverage: The Complete First Season by Timothy Hutton (DVD - 2011)
CDN$ 25.99 CDN$ 21.99