5.0 out of 5 stars Bambi: A Treasured Classic!
Published on March 9 2005 by Dixzee

1.0 out of 5 stars SO disappointed!!
SO disappointed!!! I had no idea that what I was ordering was an Italian version of Bambi!! At no point during my purchase process did I read anything informing me that this dvd was NOT in English. I truly hope I will be able to return this dvd & get a refund.
Published 5 months ago by Nichole Hertz

5.0 out of 5 stars Bambi: A Treasured Classic!, March 9 2005
Dixzee (North Vancouver, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
Disney has again opened their vaults and lovingly restored one of their treasured classics to pristine beauty! I watched Bambi as a child but watching it now, through new eyes, I was amazed at the beauty of the artwork, the child-like expressions on the animal characters, the musical score and of course, the story itself. This movie covers grown-up themes with a child-like innocence in a very heart-warming story. The 2 Disc DVD contains many extras about the movie's origin, history, restoration, artwork, musical score and more; plus fun games and activities for the kids. This nostalgic classic is a must-have for any Disney collector. Watch it and relive the magic all over again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Your mother can't be with you any more, Sept. 1 2006
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Designed in the Disney hay-day of great movies like "Fantasia" and "Song of the South" this shows what animation and great music was and could be now with a little effort.

The story which is a little easer to take than the book chronicles the life of a young prince "Bambi" his friends and how he grew and matured. He passes through many rights of passage and takes his place in the forest society.

The down side of the story is the demise of Bambi's mother which though innovative for the time traumatized many children. To this day you hear it is a classic but I can not bring my self to watch it. How ever this presentation is more of a symphony based on the characters from the story in the Disney tradition.

Many of the uncredited voices were of famous people; many of them were famous after this film was made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bambi (blu ray)...another timeless Disney classic at its best, March 1 2011
Dr. Joseph Lee (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
(#1 HALL OF FAME)    (#1 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Bambi (Diamond Edition) (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) (Bilingual) (Blu-ray)
Video: Disney's 1080p AVC-encoded image (framed at 1.35:1) looks simply stunning. The detail here is astounding. Clarity is superb. Colours are very vibrant. Disney has done a superb job in restoring and cleaning this evergreen classic. (5/5)

Audio: This newly remixed DTS-HD MA 7.1 soundtrack is wonderful and finessed. The roaring soundtrack provided by Frank Churchill and Edward Plumb seems to be centered in the front and lateral speakers, with very little surround effects. (3.5/5)

Credit must now be restored to the voice of the young Thumper - Peter Behn (uncredited in the movie). His voice simply brought the character to life.

Trivia: Unusually for the time, Walt Disney insisted on children providing the voices for the animals when they were young, instead of using adults mimicking youngsters. Did you also know that two asteroids were named after Bambi and Thumper?

Goofs:
When Bambi looks in the pond while in the meadow and sees Faline's reflection, he repeatedly looks at both his and her reflections. After Faline giggles, Bambi stops in awe and blinks twice. On the second blink, the reflection's eyes do not blink with Bambi's eyes.
When Bambi sees the possums hanging upside down from a tree, they are oriented such that the shortest is hanging on the left and the longest is on the right. Bambi rotates his head to look at them. Doing this, the longest should now be on the "left". But in the film, the longest is still on the right.

I usually dislike Disney's previews before the movie presentation. But in the case of Bambi blu ray disc, it was wonderful to see the preview of "The Lion King" (the colour was magnificent) which will be released in the fall and "Tangled" which will be released on March 29.

Bambi engages both the sensibilities of adults and the curiosity of children. It is indeed a timeless classics. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumper Makes the Movie, Nov. 11 2009
Linda Anderson (Chemainus, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
I like Bambi, however when I was a kid Thumper was my favorite character in the movie. When my daughter grew up it also became her favorite animal. I bought this so all the grandchildren, nieces and nephews could watch it also. Each one has a favorite animal character.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably my favourite classic Disney title, Feb. 29 2012
Steven Aldersley (Oshawa, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Bambi (1942)
Family, Animation, Drama, 70 minutes
Directed by James Algar, Samuel Armstrong, David Hand, Graham Heid, Bill Roberts, Paul Satterfield and Norman Wright
Starring the voices of Hardie Albright, Peter Behn, Stan Alexander and Bobette Audrey

Bambi is a prime example of classic Disney. The main theme of the film is innocence, and it details the early years in the life of a young deer. I saw the film as a child and again recently when it was released on Blu-ray, and found that I had forgotten just how beautiful the story is.

Bambi is raised by his mother and befriends various other forest animals such as Thumper the rabbit and Flower the skunk. We see Bambi learn how to walk and talk, always with the help of his friends. Like any youngster, he's curious about his surroundings. The film is full of scenes in which he discovers new things and learns how to interact with his environment.

The one scar on the film's beauty is the death of Bambi's mother. It happens offscreen, but it's obviously something which could disturb small children. In fact, I know a few adults who won't watch it because of that event. The remainder of the story is full of charm and we see how Bambi and his friends discover love and choose their mates.

The Blu-ray presentation is outstanding and the film looks great considering it's almost 70 years old. Bambi gets my vote for the most beautiful story Disney has ever told.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bambi - Excellent movie - diamond edition, Nov. 26 2012
I loved this movie! This is good for any age, and most people could relate to the story. Though this seems to relate to the Bible, it is well accepted by secular society as well. Most of the Christians I have met do not seem to realize that this story has so many references to the Bible. It seems to be good for people of all religions. Though I am an adult now, I prefer movies to not have much violence. Some people might not like the part about Bambi's mother passing away. The gun shots and dogs chasing at the end may seem a bit scary for little children, but it seems to avoid showing anyone die. It just shows someone before the sound of a gun shot and then does not show them afterward. There is nice classical music during the movie. The extra features are nice, but I did not realize that the diamond edition does not have the four seasons personalities profile. I would recommend the 2005 platinum edition, because it has the four seasons profile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bambi DVD, Jan. 11 2012
The DVD/Blu-ray Combo was received promptly and sealed properly. It was a great Christmas gift for my niece, who watched it several times through the Christmas Holiday. Bambi (Diamond Edition) (2-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) (Blu-ray packaging)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bambi DVD, Aug. 22 2011
The DVD arrived in only a couple of days in protective packaging so everything was perfect. I am sure that my grandson will enjoy many hours of enjoyment. I would definitely use this seller again. Absolutely no problems!

5.0 out of 5 stars Détail du film d'animation - un film sur la beauté de la nature, March 20 2009
I. Theoret "sardonyx" (Longueuil, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bambi (VHS Tape)
L'histoire de Bambi illustre merveilleusement bien l'âge de l'innocence et de la période d'émerveillement. Le film rend hommage à la beauté de la nature et du miracle de la vie.
Alors que le matin illumine la clairière, un nouveau prince de la forêt est né. Bambi émerge du fourré en flageolant sur ses jambes encore faibles, sous le regard amusé de ses amis Pan Pan, le lapin et Belle Fleur, la timide mouffette. Nos amis s'aventurent sur un lac gelé, et découvrent leur nouvel univers. Ils auront de précieuses leçons de vie à tirer de leurs aventures plus ils grandiront; ils découvriront l'amour et virontla perte d'êtres chers.
Durée: 69 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic for all Ages, May 31 2011
Sharon M. Moorhead (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) - See all my reviews
This was a movie I had loved since I was a child - and as I don't have any children, I purchased it for myself. Bambi, Thumper, Flower, who could ask for more?

Bambi (Diamond Edition) (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) (Bilingual)
Bambi (Diamond Edition) (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) (Bilingual) by Samuel Armstrong (Blu-ray - 2011)
CDN$ 97.77