5.0 out of 5 stars Bambi: A Treasured Classic!
Published on March 9 2005 by Irene Ferguson

1.0 out of 5 stars I cannot even play it !
For what ever reason, the movie came from Italy, Region 2, and I cannot play it on my DVD player (Region 1) in Canada… Thanks a lot...
Published 5 months ago by PHILIPPE LE QUERE

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Bambi: A Treasured Classic!, March 9 2005
Irene Ferguson (North Vancouver, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
Disney has again opened their vaults and lovingly restored one of their treasured classics to pristine beauty! I watched Bambi as a child but watching it now, through new eyes, I was amazed at the beauty of the artwork, the child-like expressions on the animal characters, the musical score and of course, the story itself. This movie covers grown-up themes with a child-like innocence in a very heart-warming story. The 2 Disc DVD contains many extras about the movie's origin, history, restoration, artwork, musical score and more; plus fun games and activities for the kids. This nostalgic classic is a must-have for any Disney collector. Watch it and relive the magic all over again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Your mother can't be with you any more, Sept. 1 2006
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Designed in the Disney hay-day of great movies like "Fantasia" and "Song of the South" this shows what animation and great music was and could be now with a little effort.

The story which is a little easer to take than the book chronicles the life of a young prince "Bambi" his friends and how he grew and matured. He passes through many rights of passage and takes his place in the forest society.

The down side of the story is the demise of Bambi's mother which though innovative for the time traumatized many children. To this day you hear it is a classic but I can not bring my self to watch it. How ever this presentation is more of a symphony based on the characters from the story in the Disney tradition.

Many of the uncredited voices were of famous people; many of them were famous after this film was made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bambi (blu ray)...another timeless Disney classic at its best, March 1 2011
Dr. Joseph Lee (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (#1 HALL OF FAME)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Bambi (Diamond Edition) (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) (Bilingual) (Blu-ray)
Video: Disney's 1080p AVC-encoded image (framed at 1.35:1) looks simply stunning. The detail here is astounding. Clarity is superb. Colours are very vibrant. Disney has done a superb job in restoring and cleaning this evergreen classic. (5/5)

Audio: This newly remixed DTS-HD MA 7.1 soundtrack is wonderful and finessed. The roaring soundtrack provided by Frank Churchill and Edward Plumb seems to be centered in the front and lateral speakers, with very little surround effects. (3.5/5)

Credit must now be restored to the voice of the young Thumper - Peter Behn (uncredited in the movie). His voice simply brought the character to life.

Trivia: Unusually for the time, Walt Disney insisted on children providing the voices for the animals when they were young, instead of using adults mimicking youngsters. Did you also know that two asteroids were named after Bambi and Thumper?

Goofs:
When Bambi looks in the pond while in the meadow and sees Faline's reflection, he repeatedly looks at both his and her reflections. After Faline giggles, Bambi stops in awe and blinks twice. On the second blink, the reflection's eyes do not blink with Bambi's eyes.
When Bambi sees the possums hanging upside down from a tree, they are oriented such that the shortest is hanging on the left and the longest is on the right. Bambi rotates his head to look at them. Doing this, the longest should now be on the "left". But in the film, the longest is still on the right.

I usually dislike Disney's previews before the movie presentation. But in the case of Bambi blu ray disc, it was wonderful to see the preview of "The Lion King" (the colour was magnificent) which will be released in the fall and "Tangled" which will be released on March 29.

Bambi engages both the sensibilities of adults and the curiosity of children. It is indeed a timeless classics. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumper Makes the Movie, Nov. 11 2009
Linda Anderson (Chemainus, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
I like Bambi, however when I was a kid Thumper was my favorite character in the movie. When my daughter grew up it also became her favorite animal. I bought this so all the grandchildren, nieces and nephews could watch it also. Each one has a favorite animal character.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bambi DVD, Jan. 11 2012
The DVD/Blu-ray Combo was received promptly and sealed properly. It was a great Christmas gift for my niece, who watched it several times through the Christmas Holiday. Bambi (Diamond Edition) (2-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) (Blu-ray packaging)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bambi DVD, Aug. 22 2011
The DVD arrived in only a couple of days in protective packaging so everything was perfect. I am sure that my grandson will enjoy many hours of enjoyment. I would definitely use this seller again. Absolutely no problems!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic for all Ages, May 31 2011
Sharon M. Moorhead (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) - See all my reviews
This was a movie I had loved since I was a child - and as I don't have any children, I purchased it for myself. Bambi, Thumper, Flower, who could ask for more?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Expectations, Feb. 3 2014
This review is from: Bambi (SE) (DVD)
Was in great condition, came in the original packaging. I bought it for my nephew for his first birthday. It's exactly what I expected.

1.0 out of 5 stars I cannot even play it !, Jan. 30 2014
This review is from: Bambi (SE) (DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Classic Disney, Jan. 29 2014
Updating our family library from the previous VHS originals, so that we can now watch them with improved clarity and features with our grand-children. These classic Disney movies never get old.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Bambi (Diamond Edition) (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) (Bilingual)
Bambi (Diamond Edition) (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) (Bilingual) by Samuel Armstrong (Blu-ray - 2011)
CDN$ 79.98