5.0 out of 5 stars Buttons, buttons and more buttons.
All gamers should have this product. Sooo many buttons. I like buttons. Plus you can tell the buttons who they are. I like defining buttons. My hand fits. That is a plus. Fantastic all around gaming rig.
Published on April 16 2012 by Tubbs

3.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine, only one problem
Nostromo is comfortable and easy to use, bit of a learning curve but that is to be expected. My only issue is that there doesn't seem to be any ghosting protection. If I am trying to use too many keys at once the entire thing locks up and I get frozen... and then killed. Generally this only happens if I am trying to move, jump and reload all at the same time.
Published on Dec 6 2012 by James Krawec

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Buttons, buttons and more buttons., April 16 2012
This review is from: Razer Nostromo Gaming Keypad (RZ07-00490100-R3) (Personal Computers)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, missing profile portability, July 13 2012
I do really like my Nostromo. It does take a little getting used to (as does using any new input device), but now I much prefer it to my laptop or home keyboard. The keys are well spaced and solid, with good stiff return, and the hand-rest takes all strain off my wrist. There are a few things I wish this had though - on board memory for storing and transporting profiles, as they are a bit time-consuming to set up even when you export your macros, etc. It would be fine to do this through the Razer software though. If Razer integrated the Nostromo with their cloud-based Synapse, that would take away my concern.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Welcome Addition to My Gaming Arsonal, Jan. 25 2012
Brian J. Potter "GnarkillXIII" (Kitchener, On Canada) - See all my reviews
I own a few products from Razer including the Razer Black Widow Mechanical Keyboard. I am a big fan of their products. The Nostromo is a great gaming pad it is built solid and can be programed for any game, but it finds its true use for MMO's. The nice thing about the Nostromo is that the keys on it can be bound to any key on your keyboard or even mouse clicks and macros. So while it is good for BF3 and other FPS games because you can move everything around so it is the most comfortable to use, while playing MMO's like WoW, RIFT and SWTOR you can actually program everyone of the 15 keys to be your abilities, plus if you make the thumb button (or any other button) shift ot Ctrl then you can have 28 abilities programed to it. The only downside to the Nostromo are the feet on it, I find that they do not have enough grip and sometimes the Nostromo slides around a bit on my desk which I am ok with because the comfort and versatility more then make up for a bit of desk sliding.

I would recomend this product to all of my gaming friends because the price is great for what you are getting and once you get used to the Nostromo it feels like and extension of your hand.

-XIII

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice gaming stuff, July 31 2011
Nice shape the button are well placed and there is light coming from the inside making it easy to use. Easy to instal and program. Any heavy Gamer should have one!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The holy grail for working in Photoshop and for playing games, Dec 16 2014
The holy grail for working in Photoshop and for playing games. This makes my life so much easier.
My only gripe is that I'd like to be able to have it perform separate actions when I press and when I release it, but I might just be an odd duck. I got it sort-of half working using macros, so that's wonderful.
This thing also survived a cup of tea spilling in it so... AWESOME MACHINE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it daily, April 25 2014
This is my second Nostromo product. The first was the prototype they developed with Belkin. It was indispensable for many tasks and still works. This is the evolution of that device and with the additional rows of buttons and the slightly better placement it's an excellent tool. I've created profiles for data entry work, programming, gaming, and graphics. I bought one for a friend who uses a Wacom tablet and it entirely changed their workflow allowing them to dispose of the bulky keyboard entirely when working.

It's solid, puts up with some abuse, and has 8 keymaps per profile. I've never used them all on a single profile, which is great! Better too many options than not enough.

When gaming the keymap switch allows you to create custom programs for different weapons, specs, characters, or whatever you're playing with. In graphics I have one profile for Premier, one for Soundbooth, and one for Photoshop. The installed software will switch the profiles for you based on the active application. THIS IS AWESOME. Seldom does a great piece of hardware come with equally excellent software.

If you've never used any Nostromo keypads before, I suggest you try one. It will change your life.

I'm sad that the newer pads have removed the scroll wheel. I like it. I like to program it to different options (say scrolling through weapons in a game, or options in an app, or the x axis on a time-line (sound or video editing) etc...) A programmable wheel can be very useful, but I guess it wasn't popular enough to be kept in future models.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, Oct. 8 2013
Richard (Surrey, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
Nothing to say here. Does everything I thought it should do.
Just make sure you get a gaming mouse to accompany this amazing keyboard!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good build quality, Sept. 6 2013
Has Great build quality but has very niche use. If you can find a use for this, it is great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Oh man, this thing., Aug. 20 2013
Ok.... It took some getting used to. But! I don't regret it.

I recommend it if you want to look cool while looking like you don't know what you're doing, even though you think you know what you're doing. But really.... you don't.

nuff said.
50$ worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Cintiq Accessory, July 28 2013
Laurel O'Brien - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I play a lot of games but I actually bought this to use with my Wacom Cintiq. Drawing/painting for more than an hour would start causing me back pain, having to lean across my desk to reach my computer for 2+ key hotkeys, or one-key hotkeys that were far away. The Nostromo solved that problem perfectly by letting me map very specific commands in a neat little cluster without messing with the mapping of my regular keyboard and playing how-far-can-i-stretch-my-fingers-with-a-stylus-in-my-hand.

My only problem with it was that with slow internet, I couldn't find a way to sign into Razer Synapse 2.0 to change some keys (though supposedly you can change the mapping/settings without using Synapse at all). It was such a minor problem compared to how much better my back feels and my workflow goes though, that it's not even worth taking off a star.

I use a wacom 12wx tablet, which only has 4 function keys on the left side (I don't use the right side ones at all). While they're in a more convenient place given my habit of holding onto the cintiq with my free hand while I draw, there are just not enough buttons and the scroll strip is buggy and unresponsive. If you had a tablet with more function keys such as the 21hd and bigger, or another brand, maybe the Nostromo's function here is already done for it. For me it's perfect though, I use every single button on it.

The keypad itself is very handsome, sturdy, and has a nice rubberized texture to it. The packaging was gorgeous as always.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Razer Nostromo Gaming Keypad (RZ07-00490100-R3)
Used & New from: CDN$ 435.35