5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Peasy
Published on Dec 28 2011 by JuneBug

3.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed. No better than my 14 yr old Braun.
Published 13 months ago by Jarre

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Peasy, Dec 28 2011
This review is from: Braun Series 7-720s Pulsonic Men's Shaver (Black) (Health and Beauty)
I purchased this razor for my 89 year old father. He has been using Brauns for years but with his last one, the flip up edger jammed and rendered it useless. We mainly decided on this one for its simplicity. Dad gets rattled at anything new, so purchasing the model with the built in cleansing tank was totally out of the question. This model has a good strong motor, its easy to hold and has a light up battery charger to let you know when to recharge. So simple even he can use it!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great shave!, Nov. 6 2012
I have been using Braun shavers for over 40 years. The new Braun 7-720s is best of the lot. It gives an exceptional close shave. It is easy on the skin and a pleasure to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely smooth shave; fully water-proof; quieter than older Braun models., Feb. 11 2014
Byrna - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have used this shaver for just over a week now. The foil and blades cut like I have never seen before with the three previous shavers I had in the past. My last shaver was a Braun 8585 with cleaning system from 2005, with series 5 foil and this shaves twice as close as that and is twice as quiet also! I realized that the cleaning system makes the 790 model just too expensive and it is unnecessary because this beauty is fully washable under water!

You can move fairly quickly over your face when you shave and it cuts very well. I tried beard which was 3 days old without using the trimmer and it cut it perfectly without any snags or pulls on my hair which can hurt. The trimmer opens at a sharp angle, around 85 degrees, so it is almost at a right angle to the front of the shaver's body. You can see the trimmer in the photo by the oval-shaped grooves near the shaver's foil. Washing is also very simple. There is a little machine oil bottle supplied by Braun to use on the foil's outside trimmer (in between the two blades in the middle of the foil) and foil once per week, to keep it lubricated since it is washed under water.

The two foils move on your face like a car's independent suspension! So they can tilt to fit the curves of your face and keep contact with the hairs.

The only thing I find confusing are the instructions. I have found that instructions for anything we buy these days, from a $20,000 Toyota Corolla to this shaver are very negligently written, and missing important details. There is no proper explanation of how the screen at the bottom (whitish round part) works. There are battery indicators but the only thing I see is a green flashing light on the right side when the saver is charging or when it's on. My understanding is that there are 2 or 3 levels of battery level indicator lights but I have not seen them go on yet. The middle icon is the change foil/blade indicator. I will contact Braun or a shop to see how these lights work for the battery level.

The outside construction is surprisingly sturdy. It feels like metal and is quite hard in the front (where the blue light you see is located). The back is rubber.

Highly recommended!
NOTE: I purchased this from Future Shop Canada, not from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Braun shaver!, July 8 2012
L. Landry (NS, Canada) - See all my reviews
Anyone who has used other Braun electric shavers will not be disappointed with the Series 720 Pulsonic. it appears to be built with quality materials and feels like a solid product.

I've been using it for a month now and only had to charge it once so far (10-12 shaves)...great battery life. The shave is very close (for an electric shaver) without irritating the skin, even on the sensitive areas of the neck. The pivoting head makes the blades cling to the contours of your face, even in the hard to reach areas. The pop out clippers also work very well for trimming sideburns etc.

I also appreciate how easy it is to clean and the fact that it doesn't come with one of those cleaning systems that you have to keep buying refills for. You just blow out the clippings and then run it under hot water for 20-30 seconds and then let it dry.

So far I'm very happy with this product and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a quality electric shaver.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed. No better than my 14 yr old Braun., March 5 2014
Got the Braun 720s-4 a week ago. It gives a more comfortable shave than the Braun I had since 2000, but the cutting performance isn't any better, if not worse. It takes 5 passes to get rid of the sand-paper-like feeling on my cheeks. I have very thick and straight hair. The 3 shaving power modes are a gimmick at best. The 2 lower power modes are quieter, but in those modes, the shaver stalls and pulls on the hair. I can't tell that the "Sonic technology with 10,000 vibrations per minute" does anything for me. My old Braun didn't boast anything like that of course. The pop-up trimmer is like a toy. It's flimsy looking and small compared to the trimmer on my old Braun. With this new Braun, I'm having trouble "feathering" the bottom of my sideburns with the foil cutter. The old Braun worked better in this respect, even though the cutting head looks very similar to the new one. The shaving head lock switch on the head itself is also twiddly. The old Braun has the switch on the body. The old Braun had come with a soft-case, a hard-case, and a plastic cap for the head. This new Braun comes with only a soft case that will hold only the shaver, but not the cleaning brush or the power cord. It doesn't come with a cap for the head either. I'm going to have to really coddle this new shaver if I'm going to keep it for a few years. The old one is built like a tank! This one looks very delicate. This new shaver is satisfactory, but no improvement over the year 2000 model - except for the lithium-ion battery. I may want to try the Panasonic ESLA63 since they too offer a trial period.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great !!, Feb. 4 2012
I bought this 2 weeks ago and it is by far the best electric razor I ever had , been using it everyday. Usually after 2 or 3 days of using a electric shaver I have to go back to my mack 3 .
So far I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Razor- awesome battery life, Dec 24 2011
I bought this 6 weeks ago, and without exaggeration, I haven't had to recharge it once. It shaves wonderfully, and takes care of normal daily stubble and 4-5 days growth with ease. I'm thrilled with it. Far and away the best razor I've owned, and it replaced another Braun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Shaver, Jan. 13 2012
My husband loves this shaver. He upgraded from the previous version / model (Braun 360 activator). He tried out a couple different ones in between but nothing worked as well. He finds it gives the best overall shave for closeness, comfort, hard to get spots like his neck and he likes the trimmer attachment as well. He loves that this model does not use the cleaning cartridges that the previous ones did so overall it's maintenance will be quite a bit less expensive than the last one. He says he would buy it again in a heartbeat and will buy the newer model in a few years again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shaver!, Jan. 10 2012
I find a lot of the electric shavers either do your face or your neck well, not many seem to be able to do both. This Braun shaver does do both well, it is also easy to clean by running under water. Very happy with the purchase and would be another without hesitation!

2.0 out of 5 stars not sure..., June 19 2014
i am on my third Braun shaver over 20 years. the first two lasted 10 years each. However I was surprised to see the metal body of the past model 7 shaver replaced with a plastic body. Also the button to release the foil feelsl and acts flimsy compared to previous models. Not certain if this one will last as long. So far the shave is nor better or worse from my last one.Time will tell. I expected more based on the new pulsonic technology.

Braun Series 7-720s Pulsonic Men's Shaver (Black)
CDN$ 219.99 CDN$ 199.99