5.0 out of 5 stars Works Flawlessly
This device worked perfectly from the first time I used it. It comes with it's own fax app but I found the built-in Microsoft Fax and Scan app to be very easy to use so that's what I've been using. I've used this modem for approximately 2 months and have sent about 30 faxes during that time. It's worked perfectly every time.
Published on June 27 2011 by mustang_dan

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job
Published 23 months ago by Maggie Des

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Flawlessly, June 27 2011
This review is from: TRENDnet TFM-561U 56K USB 2.0 Phone, Internet and Fax Modem (White) (Personal Computers)

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, May 20 2013
Maggie Des (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
New computer didn't have a built-in modem so this works with dial-up, plus you can send a fax if you wish. I found the writeup a little misleading as it seemed that the modem would allow you to stay on the internet and answer the phone while still connected. You do need to purchase a package that would allow this from your telephone company for this to happen. If the modem actually did this internally, it would be a five-star item. All in all, I'm pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Windows Faxing Services - good to go., June 3 2013
It's not clearly stated, but this modem is a pure hardware device, and requires no specific installation of any driver or software. Operation is built into most operating systems, and works even through port pass-through to virtual instances.

I haven't had a chance to do any long term evaluation, but it's operating fine after a few weeks. with no unexpected behaviour or problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars dead simple, Jan. 6 2012
Finally. A product living up to its hype. This modem's accompanying disc made installation a snap. I've the computer savvy of a newborn, but had the modem operating in mere moments. First rate product - at an easy-to-to-take price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mainly good, March 14 2015
Item is as I expected it would be,since I owned a similar one from another company,which didn't last long.I'm on a Dialup connection where I get 32 kbPs speed on my desktop computer,whereas I get 26 KbPs with this external modem.When the modem starts it makes an awful screechy noise.which I hope can be remedied somehow! Time will tell.I was impressed with Amazon's efficiency in keeping me informed when item shipped right up to delivery in my mail box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and reliable, March 29 2014
My new laptop doesn't have fax modem built-in card, however I sometimes need to send/receive faxes (still emails not always accepted). The only solution I considered is fax-via-USB converter. After analyzing different products of this type I came to the conclusion that this is what I need for the following reasons:
1. Price
2. Relatively compact so I can take with no problems it to my trips.
3. Nice look.
I got it and checked. Installation was simple and obvious. It started to work without problems. So I am satisfied. The only negative thing that I think about is USB connector. It is not mini/micro USB.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is, Feb. 15 2014
Requires as little configuration as could be expected, if you need a USB modem that's what this is. Little pricey.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Trick, Jan. 26 2014
Works well with my USB 3.0 port settings, unlike the older version. I does occasionally go into a strange state where it needs to be unplugged and plugged in again. I just have it near an accessible USB port so it's not much of an inconvenience. I suspect a driver issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, inexpensive, easy to use, Nov. 25 2013
This fax/modem work as it should be. Very happy with it. It was very easy to configure. Tried to send fax with no problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, Aug. 23 2013
Works great very pleased. I have to use dial up at my cottage and it sure does the trick. Great price.

TRENDnet TFM-561U 56K USB 2.0 Phone, Internet and Fax Modem (White)
CDN$ 35.99 CDN$ 35.97