5.0 out of 5 stars Works Flawlessly
This device worked perfectly from the first time I used it. It comes with it's own fax app but I found the built-in Microsoft Fax and Scan app to be very easy to use so that's what I've been using. I've used this modem for approximately 2 months and have sent about 30 faxes during that time. It's worked perfectly every time.
Published on June 27 2011 by mustang_dan

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job
Published 19 months ago by M. Des Lauriers

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Flawlessly, June 27 2011
This review is from: TRENDnet TFM-561U 56K USB 2.0 Phone, Internet and Fax Modem (White) (Personal Computers)

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, May 20 2013
M. Des Lauriers (Canada) - See all my reviews
New computer didn't have a built-in modem so this works with dial-up, plus you can send a fax if you wish. I found the writeup a little misleading as it seemed that the modem would allow you to stay on the internet and answer the phone while still connected. You do need to purchase a package that would allow this from your telephone company for this to happen. If the modem actually did this internally, it would be a five-star item. All in all, I'm pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Windows Faxing Services - good to go., June 3 2013
It's not clearly stated, but this modem is a pure hardware device, and requires no specific installation of any driver or software. Operation is built into most operating systems, and works even through port pass-through to virtual instances.

I haven't had a chance to do any long term evaluation, but it's operating fine after a few weeks. with no unexpected behaviour or problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars dead simple, Jan. 6 2012
Finally. A product living up to its hype. This modem's accompanying disc made installation a snap. I've the computer savvy of a newborn, but had the modem operating in mere moments. First rate product - at an easy-to-to-take price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and reliable, March 29 2014
My new laptop doesn't have fax modem built-in card, however I sometimes need to send/receive faxes (still emails not always accepted). The only solution I considered is fax-via-USB converter. After analyzing different products of this type I came to the conclusion that this is what I need for the following reasons:
1. Price
2. Relatively compact so I can take with no problems it to my trips.
3. Nice look.
I got it and checked. Installation was simple and obvious. It started to work without problems. So I am satisfied. The only negative thing that I think about is USB connector. It is not mini/micro USB.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is, Feb. 15 2014
Requires as little configuration as could be expected, if you need a USB modem that's what this is. Little pricey.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Trick, Jan. 26 2014
Works well with my USB 3.0 port settings, unlike the older version. I does occasionally go into a strange state where it needs to be unplugged and plugged in again. I just have it near an accessible USB port so it's not much of an inconvenience. I suspect a driver issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, inexpensive, easy to use, Nov. 25 2013
This fax/modem work as it should be. Very happy with it. It was very easy to configure. Tried to send fax with no problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, Aug. 23 2013
Works great very pleased. I have to use dial up at my cottage and it sure does the trick. Great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, July 26 2013
Fernando Rivero Hernandez (Kitchener, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
The item was delivered on time
I use it to send faxes from my laptop and so far so good
I would recommend it to everybody

TRENDnet TFM-561U 56K USB 2.0 Phone, Internet and Fax Modem (White)
CDN$ 35.99 CDN$ 35.97