Auto Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture boutiques-francophones Kindle Music Deals Store Fall Tools

R.E.D. (Special Edition) (Bilingual [Blu-ray]
Format: Blu-rayChange
Price:$10.11+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Bruce Willis, what more can I say? How about John Malkovitch? I think he steals the show! His understated humor is great! The other actors are great as well, I can't think of a single scene I didn't like. There are enough plot twists and unexpected moments to keep you guessing, I never predicted anything, I was surprised at every turn. The best thing? Nobody dies! (at least no good guys) Get this movie, then get RED2, you'll love them!
5 reasons to love RED:
1. Excellent cast that obviously got along well, from younger studmuffin Karl Heinz Urban (Lord of the Rings), to Bruce Willis and Helen Mirren. No one disappoints.
2. Excellent action scenes, from gunfire battles (including some lovely big guns, grenades, and a missle launcher) to hand-to-hand combat featuring actors doing many of their own stunts.. and they have the real-life scars to prove it.
3. Solid script and great directing and editing.
4. Some Hilarious situations and antics, including John Malkovitch's character (ticked at being called an old man) going up against a blonde with a missle launcher, a "first date" from hell, a novel way to get a CIA squad on their knees (the elevator scene), and many, many others.
5. Believability. Some, if not a lot, of the script is based on facts from now-declassified CIA files, and this version offers a special feature describing some of these facts in greater detail as well as an optional audio commentary by a retired CIA agent. Much of the dialogue seems "real", from
"I can't believe you broke into my home! Wait... did you... VACUUM in here?!"
"A little bit. Ya. It was kinda messy in here, and I was waiting for you for a while." to
"Wow, he's paranoid."
"He thought he was being dosed with drugs. Turns out the CIA was giving him daily doses of LSD for eleven years."
"Oh, in that case he's doing great!"
"Ya, I know."
◇Frank (Bruce Willis), a retired "CIA analyst", has been marked for death, but he doesn't know why. Or, more appropriately, why NOW. He races to find out why, and reunites with some old frenemies to get to the heart of the matter. But he has an action-packed, often hilarious trip from point A to point B, and when he and his team find out why several of them have been targeted, they clean things up in classic RED (Retired. Extremely Dangerous) style.◇
I've bought several copies of RED and RED 2 to give as gifts, and no one has had anything but praise for either film.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Frank Moses (Bruce Willis) retired form the CIA is just trying to make time over the phone with Sarah Ross (Mary-Louise Parker) when to his chagrin he finds he is the target of unfinished business and anyone he likes may be dispatched along with himself. Now he must find the culprits or cabal that is out to depose of him and a hand full of other CIA retirees known as RED's (Retired and Extremely Dangerous) this will require getting the band back together.

Watch and have fun as the impossible becomes possible and you cannot help saying "Stay in the car". Of course Bruce Willis played in a lot of action shoot-um-up movies but Helen Mirren may soon surpass him. I know the movie is not unique but who cares? It is just fun to want them act it out.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon October 11, 2013
Here is another live action thriller , which is farfetched. It's good fun , but these people are not marksmen/women. Never has so
much lead been in the air without hitting anyone. No one actually gets shot until it is required for part of the plot. At one point
our heros are stopping the protagonists with a tripod mounted 50 caliber machine gun ; the customery black SUVs are
chewed to bits , but no one inside suffers a scratch!! Still it's all in the spirit of good fun and delivers on all counts. I will
acquire RED II in due course. Here's some silly fun for you ; during the aforementioned 50 cal scene the female lead
is seen in profile ; I think they used a bustier double for the scene ; see what you think!
on June 1, 2015
Brilliant! A no-holds barred spy / conspiracy thriller spoof; sort-of Johnny English given the full big budget Hollywood treatment. The superb mega-all-star cast rollicked their way through this light & humorous bit of pure entertainment with everyone clearly having a great time. Yes, it's silly, insubstantial nonsense but incredibly enjoyable nonetheless. It will sit contentedly with Johnny English, the Long Kiss Goodnight and the Die Hards in the DVD cupboard amongst the other feel-good-movies-with-stuff-going-bang and we shall undoubtedly watch it many more times.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Video: This 1080p AVC 2.40:1 picture is terrific. Contrast is excellent, with deep and solid blacks. Colour is rich and saturated, with natural skin tones. The blue colour of Morgan Freeman's general uniform really popped off the screen. Resolution is excellent, with sharp and well-defined detail. (5/5)

Audio: The DTS-HD 5.1 Audio is dynamic, with aggressive sound effects, like gunfire, rockets and explosions. Bass is very deep. (5/5)

The movie's starpower is undeniable, with Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich and Helen Mirren. Ernest Borgnine and Richard Dreyfuss were also present. You have to wait until the very end to find out why Willis was being hunted down and the identity of the "bad" guy.

R.E.D. stands for Retired, Extremely Dangerous. But to watch Helen Mirren, starring down the CIAs, powering the machine gun in the underground parking garage, was well worth the price of the admission. In my opinion, R.E.D. should stand for Really Elegant Diva = Helen Mirren. Highly recommended.
on December 12, 2011
had to say I enjoyed the plot & the cast were very good
I got to watch the filming in parts here in Toronto & got to watch the shot up scene from the parking lot at the Royal York Fairmont
only wish I could of met the cast : )
Willis is good in this film but was really impressed with Karl Urban who did an awesome job
may not please everyone but it got funny parts & you know how it will end which is typical with Willis movies
on December 29, 2012
First of all I would like to qualify that my favourite genre of movies is action, but not mindless or gratuitous action. This movie has lots of action but also comedic relief and a love interest. The story has sufficient twists and turns to add intrigue. Bruce Willis and John Malkovich do a great job. The blu-ray version has great resolution and sound. I got it on sale for $10.00 so it I consider it an extremely good value.
on June 23, 2014
Love this one better than the second one funny with action Bruce Willisl and his gang, worth owning I have 1+2 RED.
on May 1, 2011
I Really Love This Movie From Start To Finish And I'm Not Going To Waste My Time Telling You Something About The Whole Movie When You Already Have Your Own Opinion...People Who Wright Reviews Looking For A Perfect Movie There Isn't One.. On Less You Make Your Own movie..Then I Will Tell You How Dumb It Is.Red (Blu-Ray)