4.0 out of 5 stars Finally-the Uncut Bad Boys!!!
Published on Sept. 23 2001 by skipmccoy

3.0 out of 5 stars bad boys
bad boys i saw this movie about 3 years ago this was a good movie I'm 15 this was one of my best movies
Published on July 5 2003 by ROBEY

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally-the Uncut Bad Boys!!!, Sept. 23 2001
"skipmccoy" (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad Boys (Widescreen) (DVD)
This is fantastic! Now we can finally see the uncut version of Rick Rosenthal's gritty classic(in my opinion). When I think of Bad Boys, I always think of Sean Penn and Esai Morales. It's too bad that you have to clarify which film your speaking about when you mention it and lots of people have only seen Michael Bay's crappy movie of the same title. I have been waiting a long time for a nice special edition of this film. Now we get the film uncut(it was previously only available uncut on laserdisc) and a commentary! And cheap too! I love Anchor Bay!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bad Boys, Bad Boys, what you gonna do!, July 11 2002
R. Scott (Indianapolis, Indiana, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad Boys (Widescreen) (DVD)
Alright, I know that is another movie, but seriously this movie rates as one of my childhood gangster like classics, growing up kids have a couple movies that stand out as being something you want to emulate when older, one being Scarface, two, living the life of the Godfather, and three to name a few would be Bad Boys! This is a classic, and I have no idea what that austrailan guy was watching, but he is not American so he can't be perfect right! Anyways, this movie is straight foward, gritty and rough to say the least, people that have never been to a Boys prision really don't know what goes on inside walls like these, but Bad Boys although some of it was far fetched, stayed true about how boys that grow up rough, might behave in a prision setting. The beatings with pop cans, and the exploding radio are classic scenes, and the acting was pretty good for all of these people being so young! This is a definite buy if you are in to somewhat realistic violent films, this may not be Oz, but this is the little baby OG cousin of the show!

4.0 out of 5 stars The presence of Penn, May 6 2002
David Grim (Pittsburgh, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad Boys (VHS Tape)
It seems like a lot of the other reviewers were nitpicking, so I'm going to throw my two cents in. If you want to gain some insight into Sean Penn as an actor, and see how early his best qualities manifested themselves, then this is a great place to do it. The teenage Penn has amazing confidence and poise. His eruptions of violence are as "attractive" as they get. His adolescent menace is palpable, yet he also displays an amazing emotional range in this movie. Although I never spent any time in the juvenile pokey, the movie's setting is consistent with what I would imagine.
The feel of this movie ranks with such gems as "Over the Edge" and "My Bodyguard" (two early Matt Dillon vehicles). It's too bad that Dillon's command failed to mature as much as Penn's.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1983 BAD BAOYS, Oct. 22 2003
OMAR ZAMORA (CHICAGO,ILLINOIS USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad Boys (Widescreen) (DVD)
THIS IS SEAN PENN'S GREATEST MOVIE.HIS PRFORMANCE WAS TREMONDOUS SO YOUNG IN HIS CAREER,THIS MOVIE DEFINED WHAT KIND OF ACTOR HE WAS GOING TO BE.THE NEW BAD BOY MOVIES WITH WILL SMITH,MARTIN LAWRENCE IS AN INSULT TO USING THE SAME NAME.
SEAN PENN'S BAD BOYS IS DEFFINETALY HIS BEST WOK EVER

5.0 out of 5 stars So bad, so good, July 29 2013
This is for me Sean Penn best performance to realistic dimention of bad influence in this violent jailbreak. It remind you in witch world we are living when you are at the wrong place, wrong time.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Awesome movie!!!, Dec 25 2012
This review is from: Bad Boys [Blu-ray] [Import] (Blu-ray)
What a great Sean Penn movie one of his best movies.An underrated movie that deserves more for what it delivers

3.0 out of 5 stars bad boys, July 5 2003
ROBEY (Worcester,MASS USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad Boys (VHS Tape)

Bad Boys [Blu-ray] [Import]