5.0 out of 5 stars 30 Day Shred, The Sequel
I did the 30 Day Shred workout program in June, 2011, and found it to be a great way to start each day (I have a review of the 30 Day Shred on its page). I kept using it until I finally received "Ripped in 30" at my door in August.

Published on Sept. 6 2011 by L. Gillespie

2.0 out of 5 stars a little disappointed
I tried the first 30 day shred which was made in 2008 and loved it. This one was made in 2011. Is very similar with the exercises. But I didn't like the additional exercises and thought the pace of 30 second per exercise was not as effective as the 45 second ones in the first video. My recommendation is to go with the first / older version of this video. Much better
Published 25 days ago by chrissy

5.0 out of 5 stars 30 Day Shred, The Sequel, Sept. 6 2011
L. Gillespie "lance135" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: Ripped in 30 (DVD)

There are definitely a lot of similarities between the two programs: they both use the 3-2-1 system - 3 circuits of 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs, with a 2 minute warm up and cool down. There are beginner versions of some of the tougher exercises.

What's different? Well, the videos are longer on average, so if you're working out in a limited space of time, you may want to allow about 33-38 minutes for each video. Also, there are 4 different workouts instead of 3 in the 30 Day Shred.

The exercises do not repeat at all over the 4 workouts, and I believe that weeks 3 & 4 are a bit more advanced than the 30 Day Shred. There are a lot more exercises in this program that develop balance and coordination. Jillian pulls from her experience in martial arts to bring some rather intense moves.

Jillian incorporates a lot more motivational talk and constantly reminds us that it's more than just about exercise, but about bringing our A game and stepping up every day of our lives.

The main complaint I had about the 30 day shred was the several minutes of messages that you have to wait for when loading the DVD. Thankfully, in "Ripped in 30", you can now skip or fast forward through the messages to get to the workouts quickly.

Overall, I believe this is a good program for intermediate to advanced training. If you're a beginner, you could stay on week 1 and 2 videos much longer to build up your strength, stamina, balance and coordination. I consider myself intermediate level, and still have trouble doing the advanced version of many of the moves. This program will definitely challenge you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Shred, March 22 2011
Nadine M. Simpson "Dini" (Vancouver Island, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: Ripped in 30 (DVD)
I have been doing this DVD for a week and love it! I find the music and instruction a lot better than the shred. For instance in this video Jillian specifically states that the workout should be done 5-6 times a week, the body needs a rest day! Also included on the DVD is a web address for a free 30 day meal plan and the meals are really simple including things that you can get on the go like subway. The workouts take about 34minutes to complete following the warm up and cool down so it is slightly longer than the shred and slightly more intensive. The 3-2-1 system of strength, cardio, and abs keeps me motivated to move on. Another slight change from the Shred is that the strength moves are cut down to 30 seconds each (3 exercises repeated twice) as opposed to 2 exercises one at 60sec and the other 30 sec then repeated, which seems a bit of a break, allowing me to keep up the intensity! In Level one I usually burn 400cal, pretty good for the time I put in!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Sweaty, Sept. 7 2014
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: Ripped in 30 (DVD)
Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 is my favorite workout video of hers so far. It works on all parts of the body, it's straight forward, and if I can do it, you can too. I combined this DVD with a healthy diet and after 3.5 weeks of doing the workout at least 4/5 days a week my family started saying that I definitely looked more toned & slimmer. The workout is also nice and short (36 mins usually from start to end) so it is easy to fit in to a busy lifestyle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta love her!, April 10 2011
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: Ripped in 30 (DVD)
There were times during the workouts I would yell "you're a bitch, Jillian!" but only because she works us with this video! And does it ever work! I've lost 10.2 lbs in 4 weeks. Of course you must watch your calorie intake, and I also add resistance training as part of my weekly schedule. But this dvd was a fresh change from a stationary bike or a treadmill. I've even got my husband starting on week 1. Once I'm through it all, I plan to redo it but aim to follow the more advanced girl. I am a certified fitness trainer myself and find her exercises well done and safe. You'll definitely sweat with this dvd!

5.0 out of 5 stars Results!!, Jan. 5 2012
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: Ripped in 30 (DVD)
Jillian has the best work-out videos by far! I know this cause I have tried so many. I am sweating and feeling it during and the next few days. Anyone who is serious about staying fit or tightening up buy this video!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic whole body workout, March 16 2011
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: Ripped in 30 (DVD)
If you liked the Shred DVD, you will love Ripped in 30! The format is the same - 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. There are 4 levels, and each level is about 25 minutes long. At first I was a little skeptical that she would be able to introduce new excersises that were different from her Shred video, but for the most part she does! Each level shows modifications for beginners and advanced for the pros, and as always, Jillian is there to encourage and push you harder than you thought possible!

4.0 out of 5 stars ... Jillian Michaels DVD’s but Ripped in 30 is my favorite. I wish she had more DVD’s in the ..., March 3 2015
W. (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: Ripped in 30 (DVD)
I own quite a few of Jillian Michaels DVD’s but Ripped in 30 is my favorite. I wish she had more DVD’s in the 30 day format. Although it is my favorite, it is not perfect and here are my Pet Peeves:

With all the money they spend on these can’t they edit out mistakes. In Level 3, Jillian misses a set of “Wide and Low Rows” for the second set and goes right to the cardio. I stop the DVD and do the other side. Can’t the video editors cut the exercise into the video if it is missed or reshoot that scene and edit it back in???
I found Level 3 on this video the most difficult of all the levels. I seem to sail through Level 4 and feel it really should have been the Level 3.
It always seems the people she chooses to demonstrate the “advanced” user often do the exercise incorrectly or at the same level as the beginner. I am often further advanced than the advanced users which isn’t as motivating.
Yes, sometimes the talking is annoying. I find the exercises she pronounces as “killer” with such statements as “you’re gonna hate me for this one”- are not difficult for me. So it’s annoying to hear her go on and on throughout the exercise about how tough it is.

I would consider myself an advanced user. After doing this DVD of and on for 3 months, I no longer find it challenging but I do find it a great overall workout for toning, building strength and losing fat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic workout (but I miss the old Jillian), Nov. 12 2014
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: Ripped in 30 (DVD)
I was challenged to do the 30 day shred, and love it, so I decided to try this one next. This is a goooood workout. I love doing it because it's short enough that I can get it done most days of the week, but just one complaint...where is the Jillian from the 30 Day Shred that made me want to buy this one? She is bordering obnoxious and rude. She does throw a little encouragement in there, but the tough girl attitude has gone a bit too far, it actually makes me want to turn the volume off. She slapped one of the girls in the butt, and even threatened to 'bite it'. A little...strange. Just doesn't look like there is a whole lot of respect for these women who obviously have worked their butts off to get in such outstanding shape. I guess bullying works for some but it makes me want to quit...except that the workout is awesome.
Other than those strange issues, the video will kick your butt and is so, so, worth the money if you want to lose some pounds and shape up. And the assistants are amazing!! They make it look easy:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout! Not crazy about the meal plan., Sept. 6 2014
M. Koev - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: Ripped in 30 (DVD)
I really liked this DVD. I am only 2 weeks in but I can feel it working and Jillian really gets you to SWEAT!!
My only complaint is with the meal plan, I understand being on the go but I wish that there would be something offered in the place of say, muffins or Subway. I think that going clean is the best way to do it. It will also offer you the best benefits.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid workout - quick, but effective, June 17 2011
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: Ripped in 30 (DVD)
This is the first Jillian Michaels' fitness DVD that I've tried and so far I am enjoying it. It is a full body workout and the format is fun and effective. Definitely gets my heart rate going and you really burn the calories - 350 cals yesterday and I'm still in week 1. Pretty good given it's only a 24 minute workout! Also, if you are a beginner, Jillian does provide a "modifier" for all of the exercises to help you get going. Very useful if you are still trying to build your core strength.

The meal plan is interesting - I'm not following it to the letter, but rather using it as a guide. There are some great snack ideas though and I have started to incorporate these into my daily routine.

Would definitely recommend this if you are looking for something new to try!

Jillian Michaels: Ripped in 30
Jillian Michaels: Ripped in 30 by Jillian Michaels (DVD - 2011)
CDN$ 15.99 CDN$ 9.99