Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Color: Nickel PearlStyle Name: Stand MixerChange

Showing 1-10 of 135 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on January 2, 2012
I LOVE this new KitchenAid mixer!! I chose this model primarily for its large capacity bowl and also because the bowl lifts to the mixer and the mixer head doesn't have to be lifted up. Although it is a couple of inches taller than the KitchenAid Artisan mixer, I am able to leave it on my counter under my cupboards and just slide it forward a bit when I want to use it. Because the Artisan mixer head lifts up, it actually becomes a "bigger" machine when the head is tilted. I worried it might be a nuisance having to remove the paddle/hook before removing the bowl, but it becomes second nature once you start using the mixer. It's definitely not a concern. On the other hand, it has taken me a bit longer to get used to lining up the three points on the bowl so it will "snap/lock" in place.

Although there is just my husband and myself at home now, when we get together we are a family of 19 so many of our recipes are done in big batches. I did all my holiday baking (as well as mashing a huge quantity potatoes for Christmas dinner) with my new mixer and wished I had bought it years ago.

One of my big concerns when I made this purchase, was what color "pearl metallic" really was. I checked numerous blogs and websites (both Canadian and US, visited several local stores and couldn't find a clear description). I was completely happy when it arrived...pearl metallic is a soft medium grey color...very rich (similar to the dark peuter color)...with a nice (easy to clean) glossy sheen. The service from was amazing as well. I placed my order late Thursday evening and the mixer arrived on Tuesday afternoon. It was shipped from Mississauga to Thunder Bay (1200 miles) shipping and delivered right to my front door.

I do think KitchenAid should rethink their decision to include the mixer blades and hooks that are NOT dishwasher proof with this model. I have purchased an extra paddle that IS dishwasher proof (another $35 on sale!!). I know it's just a matter of time before I accidentally load the whisk or blades in the dishwasher (they look like they should be dishwasher proof....but my daughter has this mixer as well.....and I know for certain they are NOT!!...expensive lesson!!).
on May 15, 2012
This mixer was purchased for us by my grandmother as a wedding gift, and we couldn't be happier with it. It has been used at least twice a week since we received it two months ago without any issues or disappointment. This is defintely a usable small appliance, and not one that will collect dust.

We have processed various mixtures with the machine and have had great success. It can handle a relatively large cookie batter recipe with ease, and a 6 cup mixture of notoriously difficult to knead pasta dough was mixed with moderate loading on the motor. It does a fantastic job of kneading bread dough, again with the included dough hook. The beater attachment works very well for high speed frothing and mixing of icings and meringues. Mixing of a more dry, sticky recipe like those for granola bars caused a lot of the ingredients to gather on the paddle attachment, but we found the remedy for this to be a short burst at a higher speed to "clean" the paddle off. At times it seems a little weak in the lowest speed setting with really heavy mixes, but bumping it up one level seems to solve this problem and allow it to operate normally without excessive strain and noise.

The only part of the machine we could do without is the clear plastic bowl shield. We do not find a lot of use for a shield, as by controlling the speed one can avoid the messes of ingredients coming out of the bowl. We found it to be more of an inconvenience than useful, and the only time it is on the bowl is when the machine is not in use!

Aesthetically, it is very pleasing. The pearl metallic colour and its shape compliment our modern kitchen well. It appears robust in design, and there is no straining or flexing of the machine during loading or operation.

Overall, we view this machine as an excellent purchase and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. The heavily discounted price at Amazon makes it a much more worthy purchase than some of other Kitchenaid models that look great but fall short in the motor and bowl size area, yet still cost as much as the this unit in a store. Happy mixing!
on May 24, 2013
I invested in this mixer about a week ago now, and the only problem is, I didn't do it SOONER! I have never made bread before in my life, and all of a sudden, I am able to make fresh cinnamon buns, and my own cinnamon/raisin bread, and yes even regular old white bread so easily without killing yourself with all that messy kneading cuz the machine doez it or you. And WELL I might add! The ton of cookies I usually make over the christmas holidays this year, promise to be a breeze!
on September 28, 2013
This is my third KA mixer since 1998. Although it has all metal gears, the bowl and attachments are not as high a quality of steel as my last mixers. My past two mixers were the KA Heavy Duty with 325 watt motors. Both were used to make bagels, focaccia and other breads for commercial sale. The first one outlasted the second by about one year. I was impressed as bagel dough is very stiff and they handled 4 lbs of it with no trouble. My new mixer I still have used to make bread just for myself...whole wheat 2 lb loaf. On speed 2 it handles it no problem, beautiful bread results. I think this is why so many people have issues with these mixers...they use it at too high a speed for bread doughs. There is no need for this as speed 2 is more than enough.

I also received a bonus scraper paddle with my purchase. I used it to make a cookie dough, did not clear sides of bowl so well. Not so impressive, I will have to try it with other batters before I can fully judge its performance. My only complaint is that about a week or so after my purchase Amazon dropped the price by $50.

Would recommend this mixer.
on September 17, 2011
This is a simple mixer yet very powerfull and versatile! I highly recommend it, specialy if you have a big family.
on May 11, 2013
I just purchased my very first KitchenAid professional 600 and I love it! It will take up to 14 cups of flour but I have only used with 10 cups of flour when I bake my bread. It has no problem handling that! It is a heavy mixer about 26 pound. I could move it but I find myself using it every couple of days. I don't find it noisy either.
I purchased this mixer off of Amazon and got a fantastic deal, plus free shipping and a mail-in rebate! It was a deal I could not resist! Amazon shipped it out very quickly!
Well, now that I am retired I treated myself to one! I have baked bread, buns and cookies all in one day just because the KA makes it so easy! I love the empire red colour too! Would recommend this product!
on December 20, 2013
I have been dreaming about a KitchenAid mixer since I started baking as a child. Finally I was gifted one and my life is complete! I frequently break simple handheld mixers with the amount I use them. I KitchenAid Pro 600 Series is holding up beyond my expectations. I am a very happy baker now!
on April 30, 2012
Great especially at Christmas time when making all of those fruitcakes and Christmas goodies.
Very easy to use, strong & powerful .
on August 24, 2011
I've always wanted a good quality stand mixer and when I saw the Pro 600 on sale, I decided to treat myself. The mixer does not disappoint! My use for it is not on a professional scale but I have found it to be great with my single batch mixtures, I just have to scrape the sides of the bowl to catch any unmixed ingredients. It is a heavy unit so having room on the countertop works best. Absolutely love it!
on May 17, 2011
I love this machine. Never done so much baking in my life. It arrived quickly and the price was way below the stores. Even got a $50 rebate from Kitchenaid. So can't be bad!!!