‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Gerber made a great knife here, June 11 2013
This review is from: Gerber 31-000591 Freeman Guide Folding Sheath Knife (Tools & Hardware)
I know that there is a lot of nice knives on sale through amazon, but this knife is really great.
I've owned this knife for almost a month now, and it's seen many home uses and a camping trip.

For the home use, this knife is comfortable in the hand and cut through all the hard plastic and cardboard that I've used it on. The knife feels really, and I mean REALLY, nice in the hand. The black rubber sides have a nice balance of comfort and rigidity that makes cutting things easy.

For the outdoor use, this knife stands well above the other knives in my collection. The rubber grips function well when they are covered in dirt/dust as well as when they are wet. The knife comes with a nice sheath that fits well on belts as well as just in the pocket.

As far as the blade goes, there is little to no flaws. As I've said above it cuts through any home use with ease. However, when it faced some tougher material outdoors it had a little trouble. This is mostly due to the fact that the blade itself is quite thick. I personally really like the durability and strength that the blade has presented through its uses. The blade locks into position very well as I have not yet had it come loose during any use.

Overall I would strongly recommend this knife to anyone who needs a strong yet comfortable knife to use indoors and out. The blade is still reasonably sharp after about a month of regular use and the grips are still like new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality blade, great price, June 13 2013
Sophan Cheav (Kington, Ontario) - See all my reviews
I bought this knife to add to my backpacking accessories, and it has proven quite useful. The blade is strong, and stays very sharp even on harder woods like oak.
Due to it being a folding knife, I was hesitant to use to for batoning (to split thicker logs), but it held up fine and was quite effective.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Knife, Jan. 26 2014
This Knife is pretty good, easy to sharpen but does not keep an edge for very long. I enjoy the handle as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome looking, Jan. 18 2014
I love this knife and so far have had no need to sharpen it. The only problem I have had with this beautiful knife is the sheath.
I had a had time getting this knife in the sheath once I FINALLY managed to get the sheath on my belt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great folder, Jan. 13 2014
The knife comes sharp and after 1 month of heavy use keep its edge. The knife has a very sturdy design and is able to put up with allot of abuse.

5.0 out of 5 stars solid feeling in your hand, Dec 28 2013
i was leery about purchasing this knife as i had paid similar price for knives and been very disappoint.
when i received this and opened the package and had the knife in my hand for first time... i was very satisfied.
it has a nice solid weight and feel to it. the blade is sharp although i have yet to see how it lasts.
very good quality for the price

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a well built knife. It feels substantial ..., Oct. 27 2014
This is a well built knife. It feels substantial and solidly locks into place. There is no blade flex when cutting or otherwise applying pressure. Out of the box, the blade was sharp, but I took a honing stone to it anyway. Old habits die hard. I cannot speak to how long the edge will remain, so I am trusting on Gerber's reputation. The pouch stretches a bit to fit to the knife. If you do not wear it all the time, I would leave the knive inside. As a general purpose tool, it does the trick.

5.0 out of 5 stars A+, Nov. 26 2014
Absolutely great knife, especially considering the price. The knife feels great in the hand, is super balanced, sturdy, has a nice weight to it, and comes out the box quite sharp. If you need a knife for hunting or general convenience, this is a great option. A knife like this should last quite some time--I've owned it for only a couple weeks now. You can feel the quality with this guy.

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price. NOTE, Nov. 2 2014
Great price.
NOTE:
- I do not use it for camping or hunting
--> I use it as a utility knife to open up boxes, cut through rubber, packaging material, rubber belts etc.
The knife is made of very good quality.
I have had it for a while now and it is not as sharp as when I first got it. But that is to be understood since I use it on materials that would make anything dull.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed; shocked., June 22 2014
I looked in many outdoor and camping stores to find a knife for my dad's Father's day gift. When I stumbled upon this, I was excited to finally have found a practical knife that genuinely looks good (as far as you can tell from the pictures). So I ordered one, which came in a very short time and was shocked when I opened it. The knife itself looks intimidating and sleek. Gorgeous in my opinion with a sort of matte grey finish to the blade as opposed to your traditional stainless-steel shine. Even the sheath looks great around a belt! Excited as I was already, when I picked it up for the first time, the first thing I noticed was the weight. The balance is incredible. The handle is heavy, and fits perfectly and comfortably in your hand. I honestly cannot praise this knife enough. It keeps an edge, and has a sturdy locking mechanism so the knife feels as if it weren't even a folding knife when being used. The thumb pegs are an awesome feature too. I know you're thinking about it, so just do it! The price is unbeatable and the knife itself is a perfect combination of beauty and practicality. Needless to say, my dad loved it and carries it with him on all of his canoeing, kayaking, camping and hunting trips, as well as around the house sometimes for everyday maintenance. I got a bit jealous, and will likely be purchasing one for myself in the near future!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›