‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Gerber made a great knife here, June 11 2013
This review is from: Gerber 31-000591 Freeman Guide Folding Sheath Knife (Tools & Hardware)
I know that there is a lot of nice knives on sale through amazon, but this knife is really great.
I've owned this knife for almost a month now, and it's seen many home uses and a camping trip.

For the home use, this knife is comfortable in the hand and cut through all the hard plastic and cardboard that I've used it on. The knife feels really, and I mean REALLY, nice in the hand. The black rubber sides have a nice balance of comfort and rigidity that makes cutting things easy.

For the outdoor use, this knife stands well above the other knives in my collection. The rubber grips function well when they are covered in dirt/dust as well as when they are wet. The knife comes with a nice sheath that fits well on belts as well as just in the pocket.

As far as the blade goes, there is little to no flaws. As I've said above it cuts through any home use with ease. However, when it faced some tougher material outdoors it had a little trouble. This is mostly due to the fact that the blade itself is quite thick. I personally really like the durability and strength that the blade has presented through its uses. The blade locks into position very well as I have not yet had it come loose during any use.

Overall I would strongly recommend this knife to anyone who needs a strong yet comfortable knife to use indoors and out. The blade is still reasonably sharp after about a month of regular use and the grips are still like new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality blade, great price, June 13 2013
Sophan Cheav (Kington, Ontario) - See all my reviews
I bought this knife to add to my backpacking accessories, and it has proven quite useful. The blade is strong, and stays very sharp even on harder woods like oak.
Due to it being a folding knife, I was hesitant to use to for batoning (to split thicker logs), but it held up fine and was quite effective.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Knife, Jan. 26 2014
This Knife is pretty good, easy to sharpen but does not keep an edge for very long. I enjoy the handle as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome looking, Jan. 18 2014
I love this knife and so far have had no need to sharpen it. The only problem I have had with this beautiful knife is the sheath.
I had a had time getting this knife in the sheath once I FINALLY managed to get the sheath on my belt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great folder, Jan. 13 2014
The knife comes sharp and after 1 month of heavy use keep its edge. The knife has a very sturdy design and is able to put up with allot of abuse.

5.0 out of 5 stars solid feeling in your hand, Dec 28 2013
i was leery about purchasing this knife as i had paid similar price for knives and been very disappoint.
when i received this and opened the package and had the knife in my hand for first time... i was very satisfied.
it has a nice solid weight and feel to it. the blade is sharp although i have yet to see how it lasts.
very good quality for the price

5.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed; shocked., June 22 2014
I looked in many outdoor and camping stores to find a knife for my dad's Father's day gift. When I stumbled upon this, I was excited to finally have found a practical knife that genuinely looks good (as far as you can tell from the pictures). So I ordered one, which came in a very short time and was shocked when I opened it. The knife itself looks intimidating and sleek. Gorgeous in my opinion with a sort of matte grey finish to the blade as opposed to your traditional stainless-steel shine. Even the sheath looks great around a belt! Excited as I was already, when I picked it up for the first time, the first thing I noticed was the weight. The balance is incredible. The handle is heavy, and fits perfectly and comfortably in your hand. I honestly cannot praise this knife enough. It keeps an edge, and has a sturdy locking mechanism so the knife feels as if it weren't even a folding knife when being used. The thumb pegs are an awesome feature too. I know you're thinking about it, so just do it! The price is unbeatable and the knife itself is a perfect combination of beauty and practicality. Needless to say, my dad loved it and carries it with him on all of his canoeing, kayaking, camping and hunting trips, as well as around the house sometimes for everyday maintenance. I got a bit jealous, and will likely be purchasing one for myself in the near future!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy Knife, May 17 2014
Like, Sturdy Knife, plane Blade ,no teeth, will work well for me.
Dislike, I find the lock hard to unlock if the lock lever stuck out further it would be easier to unlock.
I would like a Pocket clip on handle .

4.0 out of 5 stars A great knife, May 6 2014
The Knife was great and feels very solid. The blade is good but quickly loses its edge while using it against semi hard services.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gerber 31-000591 order # 702-8305897-2746614, April 19 2014
I said it all in a previous review. The only thing I forgot to mention was that I came across this while checking current onders, Now I am looking forward to next week.Thanks again

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›