4.0 out of 5 stars May or may not work - Dec 2014
First off, this is a GREAT series. 3 seasons of absolute gut wrenching laughter. I originally watched them all on US netflix (masking IP as Canadian). My sister saw a few episodes and also loved them so for Christmas, I thought I'd pick up the series. I read a few reviews about players not playing.

Here is the skinny as of December 26th 2014:

1 -...
Published 7 months ago by GreyMittens

Published on July 11 2011 by Stuart

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing - Why Sell It if North American Blue Ray Players won't Read It, July 11 2011
I have enjoyed watching some of the segments of this show on Air Canada ; and when I saw that Amazon CANADA was selling it , I bought a copy. There was no mention by Amazon of the fact that the "Blu ray DVD " cannot be read by the majority of North American Blu ray machines or even computers. As a result , it is useless. Amazon should NOT be selling this . I would have completely understood this if I had bought it from Amazon.uk but I didn't . My first bad experience with Amazon.ca.

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not play in your Blu-ray!, Nov. 23 2011
IggyB (Winnipeg, CANADA) - See all my reviews
After I saw this show on tv, I had to have it on DVD. Awesome show! But, now I find myself returning it because Amazon is falsely advertising this dvd as NTSC. It will not play in your Blu-ray, it is in PAL. So unless your dvd player is open to all regions, then stay away! I don't understand why Amazon does not change the listing. This is not the first item I've ordered that was falsely listed. Thankfully Amazon is honoring my request for a refund well past the 30 days.. but hey they are in the wrong here.

4.0 out of 5 stars May or may not work - Dec 2014, Dec 28 2014
GreyMittens (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Here is the skinny as of December 26th 2014:

1 - the disc states that it is NTSC (North America format)
2 - we played this over the holiday and we have 2 Sony bluray players. The first one did not play video. There was audio, no video. The other Bluray, however, did work and we were able to enjoy the series.

Now perhaps if we upgraded firmware etc. on the first one it would have worked. It was xmas dinner and we were all loaded so no time to mess around with firmware updates.

There are clearly a few issues with this DVD/Bluray and it may or may not work in your player. Sorry no better answer but it's a bit of a crap shoot. Worth it if it pays off :)

EDIT: This DVD *does* work properly in the PS4

gm

5.0 out of 5 stars An Idiot Abroad...so hilarious, April 3 2011
Megan Ireland "Life Coach" (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
OMG...this is the funniest thing I have seen i a long time. Karl Pilkington, from the "Ricky Gervias Show" is brillant. Steve Merchant and Ricky Gervais love to mess with Karl every opportunity they can get, you actually feel sorry for him many times. I watched many of the episodes on a five hour flight, and just had to order it once I got home.

4.0 out of 5 stars question, July 14 2013
Jack P. Ferwerda (Regina Saskatchewan) - See all my reviews
there are a few reviews from 2011 that say this doesn't work in Canada.

It is now 2013 and this item now reads NEW ...

So ... does it work on Canadian Blue Ray players then?

note: the review for this product is the same as all the others with the same title regardless if it is a NEW item or NEW blue ray, so I have no way of knowing which review is in reference to which blue ray that doesn't work. I am not going to spend good money on it if it won't play. Obviously .... :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Gift! Worked perfectly!, Sept. 17 2011
I got this as a gift for my great uncle, and he loved it! He actually recommended it to, and bought it for, a friend because he found it so funny, and because it was a good quality Blu-Ray. Loved it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Idiot abroad, March 24 2012
This review is from: An Idiot Abroad (DVD)
This DVD was hillarious !! it gave funny a new meaning. Carls perspective of the seven wonders of the world was one of a kind. If this was for real i can not wait to see the next sereis.........

5.0 out of 5 stars British Comedy, April 29 2012
This review is from: An Idiot Abroad (DVD)
Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant play behind the scenes in this comedy. Hilarious comedy featuring Karl Pilkington's experiences seeing the 7 wonders of the world. I will order season 2

1.0 out of 5 stars This blu ray would not play on my machine, Sept. 1 2013
I put it in, the, the company logo played but nothing else. I got the audio but the video did not play. I tried changing some settings on my player ,to no avail. I am sending it back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Huge disappointment, Jan. 21 2013
I was really disappointed by this product. I bought it as a gift for a friend on the assurance that it would work in region one blu ray players and it did not.

An Idiot Abroad
An Idiot Abroad by Various (DVD - 2012)
CDN$ 43.98 CDN$ 32.38