march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on March 18, 2016
I love the muppets
on June 4, 2015
Good purchase. However, I was disappointed when the movie did not come with a slipcover.
on January 2, 2015
I bought this for a 2 year old because she's musically inclined and LOVES the song Manah manah - there are 3 disc's in this
1) DVD movie,
2) Blue Ray movie, and
3) Music CD.
The other FANTASTIC thing about this movie is that it is bilingual (French/English) and they are trying to teach their child both languages so this gift was both parents and toddler approved. I'm the FAVORITE AUNT!!!!
on December 10, 2013
Good movie and the bluray looks great. This movie in my opinion isnt as good as some of the older muppet movies like muppet's treasure island (which is my favourite). Still a good movie to watch for adults as well as kids.
on June 4, 2013
My kids watch this once a day. It is so fun and hilarious. The music is amazing and the acting is great. Brings back great childhood memories.
on February 11, 2013
Amazing film, suitable for literally anyone. Love the humour and so happy to see the muppets rebooted in a way that will appeal to Sesame Street fans of old as well as their children of now.
on January 9, 2013
Captures the true Muppet spirit. I'd rate it 5 stars except for my confusion over why it was set in the 1950s. In the movie the characters travel down memory lane (NOT a time machine) to the 1980s. One internet explanation was something like the 50s best captured the 'innocent spirit' of the Muppets. It just bothered me throughout since the Muppets didn't even exist then ,,, still lots of silly fun, tho.......
on December 10, 2012
I was very happy with the movie and the receiving process. I received the package a day earlier than expected and the dvd was still in the plastic wrapper with the merchant's stickers on it.

Thank you!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon October 20, 2012
While never as artful as, say the best of the Pixar films, this has a sweet heart, and a goofy sense of self-deprecating humor.

Definitely aimed at kids first. But with enough clever twists on old movie clichés, jabs at 1980's culture, great little celebrity cameos
and kidding of standard Hollywood storytelling that there is plenty to keep a grown up smiling and entertained. Alan Arkin has a priceless
couple of minutes, and Jack Black proves himself a good sport indeed.

A tip of the hat to the lead human performers Jason Segel and Amy Adams who catch just the right note of real emotion, mixed with a friendly
wink at the audience so that we care, but it never feels sappy.

Segel was a co-writer as well, and created a story where we can actually be touched by his over-dependent relationship with his
inexplicably Muppet brother Walter. A really 'nice' fun family movie, where 'nice' is not a backhanded compliment, but as an honest one.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 6, 2012
The Muppets - So Happy I Could Explode

Last night, as a surprise I took my wife out to see The Best Movie Of the Year.

We went to see The Muppets.

For our entire lives we had been fans of Jim Henson's creations, and have watched and rewatched the original movies more times than Gonzo has crashed into something. The Muppet Movie thrilled us to no end, with tears always flowing for the final scenes. The Great Muppet Caper was a fun romp with a hotel we would love to visit in real life. And The Muppets Take Manhattan always touches us with the long awaited wedding of Kermit and Piggy.

But then the dark times hit. Muppets Christmas Carol and Muppets Treasure Island were passable, with some imagination to it. Muppets From Space started off well, then they added a plot and the whole thing became a mess. The countless television and direct to dvd specials became a chore to even view. The magic of Jim Henson seemed to evaporate with his passing. Some of these shows were painful to see.

And now we have an early Christmas present, for The Muppets are back. Thank You Santa!

Everything about this gem screams greatness. Kermit, Fozzie, Mrs. Piggy, and Gonzo inhabit the big screen again as a force of nature unto themselves. For once the suits in charge have let the creative people steer the fun and merriment, and every ounce of it shows in front of you. Someone please send this message along to DC Comics with the Green Lantern movie. Thank you.

The essence of this tale is the realization The Muppets are out of flavour with the masses. And they must reform, with the help of new Muppet Walter, in order to save their old theatre from a villain. The bad guy is cartoony and is essentially a plot device to drive the main narrative. The real enemy is time. Kermit has to put the band back together and put on a show. And reconciling with Mrs. Piggy would be nice as well. The side story with Jason Segel, Amy Adams, and Walter are cute extras, with a bit of a moral punch, somewhat mirroring the main story.

But what we are really here for is to laugh and cry and thrill and remember with The Muppets. Kermit singing about his old friends hurts. Musical montages cause the laughter to spill out of you. Callbacks to previous films are appreciated. And Gonzo is Gonzo. Need I say more?

This rejuvenated effort also brings back a staple from years gone by, the celebrity cameos. Stars old and new populate the screen, some eliciting cheers from the audience. And a few you are surprised are still alive.

Drama and excitement build, as Muppets and humans sort through their individual issues, all while singing and dancing and telling corny jokes. The final act, with the Muppets putting on another show, is brilliant. At this point tears of laughter were streaming down our faces. New concepts are married to the Muppets mythos, making their universe even bigger. While we missed some old skits not being included, it did not distract from our enjoyment.

In fact, we found very few missteps in the entirety of The Muppets. Minor quibbles really with such a fantastic project. Kudos must be given to the writers for incorporating so much into this journey, melding the past to the present and making it seem effortless.

The explosion of happiness that erupted from us during The Muppets was heartfelt. They are back and providing joy to the world.

And Animal is still the best drummer of them all.

Scoopriches