5.0 out of 5 stars Great Juicer
I really has had a nice experience in purchasing this juicer. It is very efficient and easy to handle. It takes no time to clean and it takes a small space to store.
Published 21 months ago by Saad Hasan

3.0 out of 5 stars Leaks!
On the plus side, this juicer does not require you to peel fruit such as oranges, although the resulting juice has a slightly bitter after-taste (probably from the peel), and really needs to be consumed within 24 hours, otherwise the bitter aftertaste becomes more pronounced. Also, it comes apart easily and is easy to clean.

On the negative side, this machine...
Published 19 months ago by Maggie Laidlaw

3.0 out of 5 stars Leaks!, Jan. 1 2013
This review is from: Big Boss 8123 700-Watt Juicer 18,000 RPM, Stainless Steel (Kitchen)

On the negative side, this machine leaks juice out of the sides, at least it did on the three occasions when I juiced oranges. This caused splatter all over my counter top, tiled back-splash and even in my window ledge. Perhaps there is a part missing on mine, i.e. a rubber ring that fits between the bottom and top, and that would provide a good seal. Also, there is no way that the juice comes out of the spout the way it does in the picture. It also splatters everywhere, so after my first usage, I used scotch tape to fix a crescent-shaped piece of foil over the top of the spout - problem solved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Juicer, Nov. 18 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars It's amazing, Jan. 27 2014
Pros

It's still alive, I use it 4 times a week to fill up 1.9 liters of Juice for my 2 day juice income.

Yes, I drink a lot of Juice because I don't eat fruits and veggies.

Since I started, I feel so much better... which is normal because our diet requires a lot of fruits and veggies... Here in North America, our diet is crap... too much delicious meat.

So yes, the juicer.

Here are the flaws:

When I got it, the top had a plastic pin that would push down on the safety... this was broken off so it looked like it was DOA.
What I did is just jammed the safety down so it would always work.

Messy. Not normal messy really... some veggies such as carrots, somehow escape from the side.... small amount of pulp escapes from the sides... I made the issue better by putting some heavy tape in between the juicer's base and compartment (making it more secured... but somehow a bit of pulp still escapes...

I read that some people have complained about it dying... well logically, if you hear that the engine is forcing too much, either let if finish, or if you hear it slow down a lot, turn it off and clean out what is causing the friction... It's a cheap juicer, if you force it by cramming it with too much, yea, it can die on you... and that can be your fault. (Just like how I respect the fact that you could have gotten a defective model)

I am still giving it 5 stars because regardless of the above flaws, I am using it heavily and it is still alive after a year of perhaps intensive juicing, I still make sure not to put too much load on the engine.

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm happy with my first juicer, the Big Boss, March 14 2013
cj sue-wah-sing (toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
I bought the Big Boss as my first juicer because the price was right. I want to get more vegetables and fruits into my diet and learned juicing is an ideal way to do this. However, I didn't want to jump into a $400 juicer and not use it.

After setting up the Big Boss for the first time, I was impressed by its compact size and ease of use. I wasn't too impressed by so many plastic parts. Thought they're easy to clean, I don't see a plastic appliance lasting a long time.

My biggest gripe with it, is that it can get messy while using it. The first time I used it I had carrot juice everywhere. Since I've had to ensure that the lid and pulp container are firmly in place, and almost hold it down. After using it a week, whatever I do there will be some splatter. So as long as you're good with some clean up then it's a great juicer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!, Dec 7 2012
I purchased this juicer because it was a really good price and had the big mouth opening. I Love it. I have used it every day since the day I got it. Super easy to use and very easy to clean. Fairly quiet too. The only issue is that the blade is a little hard to pull out to wash. Otherwise it is awesome. the suction cups are great too and keep the machine in place when juicing larger items. Would definitely recommend this juicer to everyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it but now I am seeing flaws., March 27 2013
For $30, I really can't complain much but now that it's $80, I thought I should write a review. I mostly make carrot juice with this machine mixed with orange, ginger, pomegranate juice, and some red salt. It tastes amazing. I am really loving this machine as it has perfomed to my expectations. It sometimes leaks but I noticed that it only does that with cheap fat carrots. So I've stopped buying those and go for organic thin juicy carrots! Also, I always put a plastic bag inside where the pulp is collected and that helps a lot with the leaks.

Now, I am writing this review because something frustrated me today. Today, as I was rinsing the produce pusher that this machine comes with, I felt there was liquid inside it! So i shook it to double check and my doubts were confirmed. Somehow water has found its way inside the thing you hold to push the fruits and veggies down the machine. This is not good at all as soap can get in there and is probably in there now after having washed it.

I don't know what to do with this now....

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome oj, Jan. 4 2013
Tried it 3 times so far, LOVE the orange juice but must peel first as too bitter otherwise. Easy to clean up and great in the dishwasher. Great deal for under $50.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works and makes delicious juice, Dec 17 2012
The juicer is easy to assemble and does fit large pieces of fruits and vegetable, it also comes with a small recipe book. The only thing I did not like about it was that while I was juicing, pieces of carrot puree escaped out to the edge of the machine. The machine is also loud, but over all it was a good buy since I got it as a lightening deal and it does it's job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Entry-level Juicer, Jan. 2 2013
K. L. Davies "microfiche" (Saskatchewan, Canada) - See all my reviews
I bought this juicer to familiarize myself with juicing. It really produces a lot of juice, and the pulp is fairly dry. Great buy! Cleaning immediately is a must - it makes it so much easier. To clean the filter, I've found that it is much easier if you go at it with the brush from the back side while rinsing under a running tap.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome juicer, April 13 2013
I have used this product everyday since i got it. I absolutely love it and the price was good too.

Big Boss 8123 700-Watt Juicer 18,000 RPM, Stainless Steel
CDN$ 79.99 CDN$ 58.98
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available