5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice little camera!
Published on Dec 3 2011 by D. Theoret

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong color
I ordered a red camera and was sent a blue one .I would have liked to have been informed before it was sent so I could of ordered the product I wanted from another dealer.
Published 5 months ago by Dennis blogg

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice little camera!, Dec 3 2011
D. Theoret "daniella" (usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kodak PlaySport (Zx5) HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera - Black (2nd Generation) NEWEST MODEL (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Camera)
I bought this camera to take video and pictures of my coral reef aquarium and it does a very nice job at it. The photo mode produce a 5mp image but there is no option for the compression or the quality of the image. It is not the best camera for making still images as there is no white balance. The camera render the orange a little off but the rest of the colours seem to be quite accurate. I did have some freezing issues but that has been resolved after installing the new firmware. Overall I am very pleased with this camera and for the price it is awesome to be able to photograph and take video of my coral underwater in my aquarium. I have been using it for 6 months on regular basis and never had any leakage.

This camera does not do a great job in low light and the images can become a bit grainy then. With good light, the video in HD quality is great and the color are nice and well saturated. I paid 150$ for this camera, and honestly I don't think I can get that much for so little from another camera. Plus it looks really cool in blue :) Battery life is very good and the provided software although basic, still does the job nicely. For reference, here are a few of my video with this camera: [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful camera!, Aug. 24 2012
U. Maier (Canada) - See all my reviews
The picture quality of this camera is stunning and it is very easy to use. The sound is really good too. My wife was able to figure out how all works in two minutes and I could see how it is now her camera. This camera exceeds all my expectations.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong color, May 18 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Gonna get a go pro though!, Jan. 4 2014
Sound has gone kapoot after only one ocean adventure in mexico, but video is good, pix just okay, snuff said

4.0 out of 5 stars as expected, good delivery time, Sept. 11 2013
I had not problems with this order. I wish this distributor sold accessories for this product as well. blah blah

2.0 out of 5 stars Lets in water, Aug. 31 2013
I got my camera and it was great I used it lightly and then about a year after buying it started letting in water. the camera still works and takes pictures but i can not take it under water i contacted kodak and they said it would cost around 70 dollars to fix and that was very close to the price i had paid for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent beach camera, Aug. 7 2013
This is a great camera for the beach, snorkelling or just having around for quick picture/video. Video and sound are great.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is junk!, July 4 2013
I got to use this camera only 3 or 4 times. It was great while it worked! Photos and HD video were excellent! Then one day on vacation in the Bahamas it filled with water. Not like I was diving or anything, I was just bobbing in waste deep water talking with a friend and I noticed the cam was filled with water! I dried it out for several days but the thing was toast. Luckily I was able to get the vacation photos of the video card. I contacted Kodak but they just brushed me off saying there was nothing they could do. Too bad because I bought two extra batteries and a bag. No hope for the cam so I tossed it. anyone want to buy some slightly used Kodak batteries? Cheap? All said this camera is Kodak cam is junk!

4.0 out of 5 stars Playsport, June 30 2013
This is an excellent camera. I love the size is easy to hold, the minimum of buttons, and the large screen make it easy to use one handed.

4.0 out of 5 stars my video camera, June 12 2013
love the camera,works great.
would recommend this device to anyone looking for a small
in the palm video camera. thanks