5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice little camera!
Published on Dec 3 2011 by D. Theoret

1.0 out of 5 stars This product was crap for me
Published 6 months ago by Mike Mayer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice little camera!, Dec 3 2011
D. Theoret "daniella" (usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kodak PlaySport (Zx5) HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera - Black (2nd Generation) NEWEST MODEL (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Camera)
I bought this camera to take video and pictures of my coral reef aquarium and it does a very nice job at it. The photo mode produce a 5mp image but there is no option for the compression or the quality of the image. It is not the best camera for making still images as there is no white balance. The camera render the orange a little off but the rest of the colours seem to be quite accurate. I did have some freezing issues but that has been resolved after installing the new firmware. Overall I am very pleased with this camera and for the price it is awesome to be able to photograph and take video of my coral underwater in my aquarium. I have been using it for 6 months on regular basis and never had any leakage.

This camera does not do a great job in low light and the images can become a bit grainy then. With good light, the video in HD quality is great and the color are nice and well saturated. I paid 150$ for this camera, and honestly I don't think I can get that much for so little from another camera. Plus it looks really cool in blue :) Battery life is very good and the provided software although basic, still does the job nicely. For reference, here are a few of my video with this camera: [...]

1.0 out of 5 stars This product was crap for me, Jan. 7 2015
I purchased this Kodak Playsport camera in Feb 2104. The issue is that I bought this camera to take with me on vacation. Last march or so I went to Jamaica with the camera and used it. The pictures and video were a bit blurry at time but I figured I didn't know how to use it so I never reported it. Now this year I took the camera with me to Panama for a second try. Everything was ok until I took it with me in the water. A few minutes went by and then I could see bubbles coming from the water. The camera flooded and no longer works and I lost all my videos and photos due to water every ware in the camera. For me, this product was bad, do not purchase unless you like to gamble. Total waste of my money.

I'm now trying to get a replacement from the seller... we will see. I sent them a note, but so far no reply.

:-(

1.0 out of 5 stars This is junk!, July 4 2013
I got to use this camera only 3 or 4 times. It was great while it worked! Photos and HD video were excellent! Then one day on vacation in the Bahamas it filled with water. Not like I was diving or anything, I was just bobbing in waste deep water talking with a friend and I noticed the cam was filled with water! I dried it out for several days but the thing was toast. Luckily I was able to get the vacation photos of the video card. I contacted Kodak but they just brushed me off saying there was nothing they could do. Too bad because I bought two extra batteries and a bag. No hope for the cam so I tossed it. anyone want to buy some slightly used Kodak batteries? Cheap? All said this camera is Kodak cam is junk!

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaked and died after 2 uses ... worthless!, Feb. 6 2013
We used the previous version of this camera twice ... first time under water was fine ( not a great underwater camera but ok) ... just had it in Mexico for holiday and in my pocket in 3 feet of water EVERY compartment leaked!

Was able to save memory card (rinsed everything and put in bag of rice for 2 days) but camera is dead!

Kodak tech support was useless ... no help at all

WILL NEVER BUY ANY KODAK PRODUCT AGAIN!

2.0 out of 5 stars Lets in water, Aug. 31 2013
I got my camera and it was great I used it lightly and then about a year after buying it started letting in water. the camera still works and takes pictures but i can not take it under water i contacted kodak and they said it would cost around 70 dollars to fix and that was very close to the price i had paid for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for travel and sport, June 5 2013
I just love this camera it can film about 2 hours on one charge and can record more then 6 hours of hd on a 32 gb card and it fits in your Pocket and is water proof. Just awsome

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, Sept. 27 2012
Pretty good, video undersea is vrey clear and high quality. Also photo is good as well. used it to record the fishes and sea, very impressive memory which it made. like it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong color, May 18 2014
I ordered a red camera and was sent a blue one .I would have liked to have been informed before it was sent so I could of ordered the product I wanted from another dealer.

1.0 out of 5 stars failed on first use, March 5 2013
watertight doors open when you hold the camera by the sides.Drying according to instructions did no good.
Camera became an expensive paperweight

4.0 out of 5 stars Playsport, June 30 2013
This is an excellent camera. I love the size is easy to hold, the minimum of buttons, and the large screen make it easy to use one handed.