4.0 out of 5 stars Cardio Wow!
Some backround info, I am an avid fan of Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels. I have all of their DVD's and find them to be extremely effective and challenging. I used their DVD's about 1 1/2 years ago to shed 50lbs post-pregnancy.
This is my review, short, sweet and to the point:

Pros:

-As an intermediate-advance exerciser, on a scale of 1-10, I...
Published on April 13 2011 by N. Savona

3.0 out of 5 stars all the same!
I love Jillian Michael's and Bob Harper's DVD's but I just find they both do a lot of the same workouts. This DVD had way too many lunges...and not enough cardio.. the dvd is titled Cardio and that's what I need...I did get a great sweat on but it wasnt exactly what I was looking for. Not worth 11.99
Published 19 months ago by saw

4.0 out of 5 stars Cardio Wow!, April 13 2011
N. Savona (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bob Harper: Ult Cardio Body Extreme Weight Loss Workout (DVD)
This is my review, short, sweet and to the point:

Pros:

-As an intermediate-advance exerciser, on a scale of 1-10, I found this DVD to be an 8.

-If you are buying a cardio DVD, you expect your heart rate to be up. Mine was THROUGH THE ROOF!

-Bob always encorporates free weights with his cardio sessions. He does an excellent job at getting your heart rate WAY UP, bringing it back down with some strength training and boosting it back up with high intensity cardio like jumping jacks and high knee's (a few times I had to take a mini breather and get water just to finish!).

-You will sweat and burns lots of calories. Every muscle is worked.

Cons:

-Only contains a 1hr workout and a 10min glute workout. I found this a bit odd. I wish there would have been 2X30min sessions so you can either do a 30min when time is of the essence or the longer 1hr version. Great example of this is Jari Love's
Get Ripped! 1,000.

-Lots of lunges and squats. If you have knee or back problems, this may not be optimal.

Overall I found this DVD to give me an excellent workout. If you are looking to burn lots of calories and tone, I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars good interval workout, April 14 2012
M. Garner - See all my reviews
This is the first video I have done of his and had no idea what to expect - I also do not watch the Biggest Loser show.
I have done this video now at least 6 times in the last few weeks and each time have sweated buckets!
I find it just challenging enough and enjoy the extra workout clip for working your glutes!
Definitely recommend this video for intermediate and advanced - you can always make it harder or easier!
I will for sure look into other videos of his and this one I plan on doing at least 1 time per week for a few months!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great home workout, July 19 2013
I liked this DVD - I got a good cardio workout, some good body conditioning and burned some calories! Worth getting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Workout!, May 28 2013
Great workout, lots of upper body work with bursts of cardio. You definitely break a sweat! Bob always kicks butt.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I had him as a personal trainer, May 22 2013
It's a great workout I'm seeing the difference in the shape of my body. He really works your biggest muscle ( legs + thigh area) which is a killer. I love the DVD

3.0 out of 5 stars all the same!, Aug. 30 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars simple moves but very effective, Jan. 9 2013
very effective way to lose weight.moves are simple to follow.don`t need a big space to do it.very good workout at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent at home workout, Sept. 30 2011
I bought this DVD this past summer, we are now end of September and I finally opened it. I was dreading it due to the 1 hour workout only option. But it is a WONDERFUL one hour workout. If you don't have time for a gym, this DVD will get you into shape fast. It reminded me of a Boot Camp cardio class I toook, without having to leave my house, which I love. The kids go to bed and I can put this on in the basement, turn up the music and have a great work-out. I do agree with another post that it was very hard on the knees, but overall, it works you out from head to toe, and time passes quite quickly as well. Can't wait to put it on again soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars This one is my favourite, Aug. 10 2011
The thing about Bob's workouts is that they are tough. I really suggest getting all of his DVD's. This way you will have a vast variety to workout with. I couldn't do this one DVD everyday I think Muscle memory would start to come into play. I think you would just get tired of it. Again choose your weights carefully and watch your Back. If you write a review that say this is too easy...you are full of it! If you compare this to P 90 X....its entirely different! If you do p 90x...Use heavy weights and a pull up bar! Not the Bands (weak).. Like I said Entirely different workouts. I have done both and All I got out of p 90 X was tendentious. All of Bob Harpers workouts combined I feel is the new and improved way to work out. No Tendentious! Workout smart, get some protein and carbs in your body and don't forget to hydrate!

ARRAY(0xa7b80e1c)