5.0 out of 5 stars One of Jim Carrey's best movies
Fletcher Reed is a lawyer who always wins his cases by lying. But unfortunatly the judge isn't the only person he makes a habit of lying to. His constant promises to spend time with his son Max never come through at the last minute.
Published on July 6 2004 by Robin M Goffinet

2.0 out of 5 stars not for me
Unfortunately, the bad language turned me off in this movie. Normally, I enjoy movies with Jim Carrey, but not this one. I wouldn't recommend it.
Published 6 months ago by George Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Jim Carrey's best movies, July 6 2004
Robin M Goffinet (Richmond, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Liar Liar (VHS Tape)
So when Max makes a wish that for 24 hrs that his dad cannot tell a lie, he never expected it to actually come true. Unfortunatly in the affected 24 hours, Fletcher has a HUGE divorce case to settle and his fabricated story cannot be told.
At the same time, Max's mother Audrey has been offered a marriage proposal from her boyfriend and plans to take Max to Boston with them. Now Fletcher must deal with not being able to lie and try to change Audrey's mind before he loses Max forever.
One of Jim Carrey's best movies, it made me lol the whole time.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't lie!This was just TOO funny!, Oct. 9 2001
M. L. Smith (Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Liar Liar (VHS Tape)
This is Jim Carrey at his very best!Carrey plays a lawyer who promised to stop lying.The precidaments he gets himself into had me cracking up through the entire film!This movie is a definate buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 3 2014
Gabriel Daniel (Montreal, Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Liar Liar (Widescreen) (DVD)
Très bon service et produit.
Merci,
Gabriel Daniel

2.0 out of 5 stars not for me, Jan. 5 2014
George Jones - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

4.0 out of 5 stars Recomended only for Jim Carey fans, April 27 2004
Chris (St.Louis,MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Liar Liar (Widescreen) (DVD)
I have seen better from Jim he tried to hard to have a family one here and be funny at the same time wich he is but he is not regular Jim Carrey and I don't know why in this case some of his other movies are the Jim Carrey movies of choice.
Action 7 Story 10 Direction 8 Action 6 Entertaining 8
Overall=39/50 Still 4 stars however wich is nice

5.0 out of 5 stars HA HA!, April 23 2004
This review is from: Liar Liar (VHS Tape)
One of my favourite movies of all time!It's just hilarious all through.It is about a little boy who wishes his lawyer/liar father would tell the truth just for one day.What follows is heaps and heaps of Jim-Carrey-ish situations.
I'm so glad the pen is blue!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably awful, April 17 2004
kc ("Good old blighty") - See all my reviews
This review is from: Liar Liar (Widescreen) (DVD)
This film is absolutely awful,yet again they have made a film featuring Carey that is nothing other than him pulling faces and making stupid noises,usual plot of single mum and gooey child and over acting dopey boyfriend,Carey playing unattentive father,this is the second Carey film i have attempted to watch when theres no drying paint to watch,did not even manage to last twenty minutes of this one before switching off....avoid like anything...please....

1.0 out of 5 stars TRUTH ABOUT LIER, Feb. 23 2004
This review is from: Liar Liar (DVD)
Coke-a-Cola makes alot of money and they only sell one product. It's sugar and water. Hollywood makes alot of money selling one product over and over again too, only they change the title each time.
Lovable kid character seeks parent's affection - parent obsessed with work instead - Family about to break up ( oh no )- Parent charmed by power of inocent child - Realizes he has put ambitions before child - Parent transformed (by Love!!) - "Is it too late?" scene - At last minute family does not break up - Whew!
Hollywood template-teers trace Jim Carey onto their boiler plate
and - Hey Presto! - instant money. No problem. The LAST thing I expect when I push over my eight dollars nowadays is a good script. It was disapointing however to see Jim Carey's potential capped again.
His antics are redundant by the middle of the movie. Are people realy that easy to please?
THE GRINCH proves Carey can be top of the line with a better script and a better director. I thought Carey would be the next real movie star but this picture broke the back of that idea. His body of work is starting to look like Elvis Presley's.
Tasteless jokes and gratuitous sex, as usual, make it totaly unsuitable for traditional families.

5.0 out of 5 stars its blue, its bluehooohooooo, Jan. 14 2004
newfound32 (los angeles ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Liar Liar (Widescreen) (DVD)
The first time I ever saw this was in theaters. While my mom dragged my dad to see selena, which isn't a bad movie, me and my brothers went to go see this film. As a kid I didn't really understand what they were saying, all I laughed about was the claw. Then I saw this on DVD so I said ahh.........what the "F". Then once I actually saw it I laughed my ass off!!!!!!!!! This is a must get DVD for everyone! The special features are great. The movies great, and just plain having it in your DVD collection is great. You need to get this DVD!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bashful's DVD Summary #015, Jan. 7 2004
Brian Hiel "bashful monkey" (Kaiser, MO United States) - See all my reviews
Best:
1) Many parts are extremely hilarious, just like you might expect.
2) The touching scenes were not overdone, so a good comedy feel was maintained throughout.
3) It makes you think about the nature of lying in general (but not much).
4) There are special features including a documentary, outtakes and director commentary.
Worst:
1) You have to really get into Jim Carrey's rubbery, slapstick antics quick to really love the whole movie. He takes a lot of getting used to for some people.
Recommendation:
This instant classic is a must-have for any serious comedy movie collector. Get it - get it - get it.

Liar Liar [Blu-ray] [Import]