4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the wait..
Published on June 9 2011 by RIGGER1

1.0 out of 5 stars What is THIS?
I am a big fan of Paul Simon. I have nearly everything. I really enjoy Surprise. This is no Surprise. There is no Brian Eno and no Steve Gadd. This seems like a collection of songs with no real purpose. Very, very disappointing. I don't care how famous you are everyone needs someone to say when something is crap. This is way too close to crap.
Published on March 20 2012 by Edward Fielding

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the wait.., June 9 2011
RIGGER1 (CALGARY, ALBERTA.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: So Beautiful or So What (Audio CD)
I have always had a soft spot for Paul Simon, he continues to be one of the best songwriters out there. Obviously if you're reading this you're already a fan, so let me assure you, this is not some oddball project or themed issue.. This is Paul Simon back in the studio doing what he does best, real music, for real people to enjoy. It's timeless and classic, just what I've been waiting way too long for. Glad to have you back Paul, I wish you had never left!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic Paul Simon album but..., May 3 2011
GtheK (Ontario,Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: So Beautiful or So What (Audio CD)
Another great Simon album in the mold of "Graceland" or "Rhythm of the Saints". Various pieces of world music move in and around his lyrics creating a feel very similar to the two albums mentioned. The "but" that I refer to is that even though this is one of the best Paul Simon albums that I have heard in a long time, it probably won't make any new converts. His lyrics, while not entirely obscure, are certainly opaque. The "meanings" continue to elude the listener, even after repeated listens, rather like shapes glimpsed behind frosted glass. Having said that, it sounds great. Half the fun is just listening to the album. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC! well produced, enlightened content, a master, June 28 2011
This review is from: So Beautiful or So What (Audio CD)
well, this man is nothing short of alive and active as an artist! if you have no idea what Paul Simon has been up to all these years, treat yourself, you wont regret it.

from the first humm-sound of the first bar of a suprise zoomy enterance, this is a well sourced and fun piece of work. and upon the 100th listen, its got the depth of a mature songwriter sharing his gift with us.

only growl: the visual artists who make the liner notes - the font is too skinny and the colors too close so you cant read it. dont you know the profile for the average listener would be approaching glasses stage? really stupid. but that's not Paul's handiwork - the proof is in the ear pudding

this is a master storyteller and wordsmith.
dont miss the candid magic - get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A master at work, Aug. 21 2013
Charly Pazdor "Charly" (Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: So Beautiful or So What (Audio CD)
This CD is a delight to listen to. I was amazed when I first listened and was even moved by some of the lyrics. The music is wonderful and the album calls for repeated listening. I have been a Paul Simon fan for years, but I was taken aback by how good this CD is. And beyond my usual admiration for the great work by a great artist, I also enjoyed the humour in some of the lyrics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Yet!, Jan. 7 2012
This review is from: So Beautiful or So What (Audio CD)
Paul Simon is a long time favorite. His guitar performance is outstanding and of course his lyrics are poetry. The spiritual tone of this these recordings is inspirational with a modern take.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paul Simon is back and as good as ever, Nov. 22 2011
Jan M. Wildeman "Jan-Michael Wildeman" (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: So Beautiful or So What (Audio CD)
I wondered about the new CD but I should have known Paul Simon would come up with a style that tweaks his older styles just right. I listened twice and loved it more the second time through as the songs grow on you and you hear the words and meaning more, rather than just kicking back and listening to his tunes. Luved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars So Beautiful, July 4 2011
Pierre Filteau (Sainte-Adèle, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: So Beautiful Or So What (Audio CD)
So beautiful to get stuff on time, in good shape (brand new) and at home !

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars So Beautiful AND So Awesome!!!, April 27 2011
This review is from: So Beautiful Or So What (Audio CD)
THIS IS A GREAT CD!!!! IF YOU ARE A PAUL SIMON FAN - THEN RUN DON'T WALK TO YOUR LOCAL CD STORE AND MAKE THE PURCHASE!!! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

1.0 out of 5 stars What is THIS?, March 20 2012

So Beautiful Or So What
So Beautiful Or So What by Paul Simon (Audio CD - 2011)