5.0 out of 5 stars Gr8 Buy
This Keyboard is awesome, the buttons are on your thumb for quick response. Well built comes with good software.
Published 18 months ago by CD

2.0 out of 5 stars Anansi sadly disappointing
Published on Aug. 16 2011 by Darth Trafius

4.0 out of 5 stars Razer Anansi MMO Gaming Keyboard, Oct. 8 2013
This review is from: Razer RZ03-00550100-R3U1 Anansi MMO Gaming Keyboard (Personal Computers)
This a really great keyboard for MMO gaming, like World of Warcraft. Everything works like it should. The only downside to this keyboard is the extra thumb keys have a slower response time than the normal keys, switch is annoying at times. But this downside shouldn't affect your gaming habits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gr8 Buy, Feb. 7 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Anansi sadly disappointing, Aug. 16 2011
I am for the most part a very large fan of Razer products and have purchased the majority of their products over the years, starting with the original Razer Boomslang. The Anansi seems like a great idea and I was originally torn between purchasing the Black Widow Ultimate and the Anansi. In the end I purchased both. I've owned several Razer keyboards (Tarantula, Lycosa, Black Widow Ultimate and Anansi) so I feel that I'm in a fairly qualified to rate this keyboard.

Pros:

* Matte Finish - Razer usually uses an annoying glossy finish which is extremely hard to keep clean

* Keys are firm almost stiff

* 5 macro keys

* Thumb key concept

* Multi-coloured backlighting

Cons:

* Cheap backlighting - it can barely be seen in daylight and if you want red you are out of luck, I hope you like pink. The keyboard has several settings for brightness but sadly you have to have it set to maximum to see them in daylight. Unfortunately doing this causes the Razer logo at the bottom of the keyboard to almost blind you with its brightness. After using the Black Widow Ultimate with individually backlit keys this seems like a slap in the face for such an expensive keyboard

* The thumb keys seem gimmicky - It looked like a great idea but with my small hands I had a really hard time adjusting to using them. After I adjusted to using them I didn't find much of an advantage in using them. I ended up setting them to non-important functions like opening my character screen and inventory in WoW. It should be mentioned that they aren't back lit making them harder to see in a late night gaming sessions.

* The space bar is in a slightly different location. (The space bar isn't hard to get used to but it did take a few days)

* Not mechanical but almost the cost of the Black Widow Ultimate and more expensive than the Black Widow

* Keys on all Razer keyboards I have used to date occasionally lock up. For example I'm strafing to the left but when I let go of the key I continue to keep strafing left. The only way to resolve it is to mash all the movement keys together a few times and hold them. It doesn't happen a lot but when it does it can really be bad. Nothing like wiping a 40 man raid because you couldn't stop moving forward. "Lerooooy Jenkins!"

Many keyboards have flaws that are forgivable but after making so many keyboards Razer really needs redesign their keyboards or perhaps stick to gaming mice.

Razer RZ03-00550100-R3U1 Anansi MMO Gaming Keyboard