countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on June 17, 2016
These are some black magic earbuds. They violate the laws of the universe. Did you think electronics couldn't mix with water? Such a simple thought for a simple mind. I washed this beauties in my washing machine for 1 hour and they still pump out the Biebs like he is right next to me singing into my ear in the most sensual way possible. Sennheiser doesn't operate by the laws us mere mortals do. All hail Sennheiser!
on August 27, 2014
Just got these earbuds. They fits very well. It is very light. The controls work perfect on Iphone. The mic is much better than what I expected. HOWEVER, the sound quality is just OK. Surprisingly the bass is disturbingly poor. Even compared to my previous Phillips earbuds (15$). This was dissappointing considering the brand reputation and the ad on the box saying "feel the beat".
So think twice if you need these for quality music listening.
Just to clarify, the plug is L-shaped. But there is no bag included.
on March 1, 2015
When I first got these, they were alright, but for how much I paid at the time (60 dollars I believe) they were not at all worth it. I got these because they were supposed to have great bass, and it had a microphone, which I was going to use for calls.

Unfortunately the microphone didn't work well, it was too quiet and every time I'd be in a call or in skype people would ask me to just use the phone microphone.

The headphones themselves I found uncomfortable in all sizes, and the rubber bits on the ends would always fall off. I ended up losing at least 3 rubber things just from taking the headphones out of my pocket,

TLDR: For the first 3 months of having these, they were fine if a bit uncomfortable. They slowly fell apart and at this point just don't work at all. (I took very good care of these). I would not recommend these unless you feel like burning all your money anyways.
on February 13, 2015
These headphones produce a noticeable white noise when there's a signal (they don't even sound that good besides). I tried it out on numerous different devices including a phone and a digital piano with the same result each time--regardless of any fiddling with the in-line volume control or the settings on the device. This makes them completely useless for anyone with proper hearing who wants to use them for music. I had full trust in Sennheiser until this, which is why I bought them. I've got a pair of cheap $10 Panasonic headphones that work better.

I don't know if the reason nobody else mentioned this is that nobody has any hearing left, or my set is somehow defective. I will at some point consider contacting them about this, and if they provide me with a set that doesn't have this issue I will update this review.
on December 16, 2015
I got these about 5 months ago. I've used them relatively heavily, however today the left earbud does not work anymore. It doesn't translate any sound and all of it goes to the right ear. I've tried it on both my phone and computer and get the same result. I have to be honest, I am disappointed with the quality. On the outside they look great, however the wire has clearly been damaged on the inside.

The sound quality is decent, I had no issues, the bass was well balanced. However, the quality still needs work. This was made worse by the fact that the little plastic tips keep coming off and I had to buy a separate set just to replace the ones that I lost. I ended up only losing two however, I have had them fall off perhaps a dozen times.
on December 30, 2011
Sennheiser always has great sound so I'm not too surprised at how great these are. At $40 I believe they're certainly worth the price for more discerning audiophiles looking for a pair of earphones for their iPhone or ipod/ipod touch ipad or whatever. Personally I'm using these in tandem with a pair of klipsch s4i earphones on my iPod when I'm on the go and I appreciate the detailed but not overwhelming bass and crisp but not too sharp sound. This is a "mids-heavy" set, so right where I like them personally. The volume control and mic are positioned about 12cm down from the left ear and does not tug or weigh on the earpiece at all since it is extremely light.

I like them, at $40 you're certainly not wasting too much to give them a try, and I believe most everyone would be very happy with them. At $80 I think it may be a bit more of a tough decision, but I would still say you would still likely enjoy them for the price.
on October 14, 2014
They are starting to make these with cheaper materials and its not as clear as it used to be.
on June 19, 2015
The transaction with Amazon was flawless - first rate. The earbuds, on the other hand, are dissappointing... Clear with voice, but surprisingly light in the lower octaves. The sound is not balanced to my ears. Given my previous experience with sennheiser and the awesome px-100 i was expecting a lot more.
on February 22, 2016
I use these about an hour each day on my commute. The quality is great, and the call/volume controls work great with my blackberry phone.

After about 9 months, these are as sturdy as the day I got them, and the handy pouch helps me keep them tidy when not in use.

Fully recommend!
on February 25, 2015
After having the headphones for 6 weeks, and the return window closed, the earbuds have started sparking in my ears. There's no pattern to this (volume level, amount of time worn, etc). I've had $10 headphones that were better than these. Definitely do not recommend.