march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family

on January 8, 2014
This is the way the LoTR movie experience was meant to be seen. This is the extended version, so each movie is well over 3 hours. The quality is excellent of course. There are also a ton of extra features that give you all you could ever need to fill your desire to know everything about the movie, how it was made, and a lot on the Tolkien universe.

If you are a Tolkien fan, this is a must add to your library.
on August 16, 2011
Is it possible to write a bad review on the blu-ray release of The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Limited Extended Edition)?

Nope, I am very pleased. The visuals and sound is amazing and yes the movies are split into 2 parts each cause it's too huge to fit all on one disc but big deal, gotta get my exercise somehow! The box is okay, compact and elegant, the price was a great too. I'm a happy customer!
on March 21, 2004
I suggest definitely reading at least the Hobbit or watching the extra stuff on the DVD's to help appreciate more the trilogy.
I loved this trilogy for the look, music, sound, and feel of it all. Also, I enjoyed the commraderie that was displayed between the characters who were against the land of Mordor. Finally, I liked how the trilogy gave me the idea that even though the journey was hard there was always hope.
on December 28, 2012
Great value, had a really difficult time finding the set, now we are set to enjoy all of the movies together. Really good value..
on December 31, 2012
Ok, I have to say that this is an amazing set. With 4 special feature disks per film, there is a TON of amazing footage to apease any fan. The 1 tiny issue is that the films are still broken into 2 discs each. With the incredibly high quality of the film on Blu-ray discs, the film is still too big to fit on one disc so you have to still swap in disc 2 to finish each film. Other than that, I recommend this set 100%.
on April 2, 2004
I made the mistake of buying the theatrical DVD for Fellowship of the Ring, and then the extended edition came out later. For The Two Towers, I waited and only bought the extended edition. Will do the same for The Return of the King. I do find it anoying that they release the theatrical version so many months before the version they know we really want, hoping we will go ahead and buy it while we are waiting.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 9, 2014
Waited for the price to come down and then pounced. C'mon folks, it's LOTR on Blu-ray... Do I need to say any more???? AWESOME!
on July 3, 2012
Now I'm not going to tell you how amazing this is, because the other reviews probably say everything I would have said. I'm here to tell you my one tiny complaint and that is, only half of the movies are on the first blu ray discs because of the commentaries, I would have just gone with having the first disc having the full movie, and the second having a commentary or 2. That is all, it's well worth the $40
on December 29, 2011
Disregard the other low posted reviews. Some people don't understand how large the conversions are from a DVD quality to a Blueray. To maintain a Blueray standard you need to have the two discs. Once you watch these movies on blueray you will appreciate them even more. Very happy with the delivery time, the condition, contents of the product and the service was great! Would reccomend everyone to buy. A+++
on December 26, 2011
What I finally ended up with was great, but I had to order twice. The first time I ordered I was sent an open package in poor condition even though there was nothing with my order that suggested that what I was buying was used. I sent back the faulty package, which Amazon took back with no problems and refunded my money. I then re-ordered and got exactly what I ordered and in pristine condition.