5.0 out of 5 stars The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy: Extended Edition (blu ray)...another prized possession, almost perfect
VIDEO:

The Fellowship Of The Ring (Extended Edition)(blu ray):

The AVC/1080p picture is housed on two BD-50 discs (Part 1: 105 minutes; Part 2: 123 minutes). I personally appreciate what Warner Brothers/New Line is doing, in order to minimize compression defects. Changing disc also gives people a chance to visit the washroom. The previous theatrical...
Published on July 1 2011 by Dr. Joseph Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars Third "re-purchase" as Blu-Ray, from existing DVD version
If you have the DVD version I wouldn't recommend purchasing this box set as there is little benefit. Even with a high end 5.1 HD sound system and picture, I found the difference from the DVD to be less intensive compared to other such examples I have "re-purchased" as Blu-Ray while already having the DVD version (i.e. Serenity, JFK, Underworld)
Published on July 5 2013 by Troy Lohnes

‹ Previous | 116 17 1868 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, Nov. 9 2014
This review is from: The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy - Extended Edition [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) (Blu-ray)
Waited for the price to come down and then pounced. C'mon folks, it's LOTR on Blu-ray... Do I need to say any more???? AWESOME!

5.0 out of 5 stars One tiny complaint, July 3 2012
Now I'm not going to tell you how amazing this is, because the other reviews probably say everything I would have said. I'm here to tell you my one tiny complaint and that is, only half of the movies are on the first blu ray discs because of the commentaries, I would have just gone with having the first disc having the full movie, and the second having a commentary or 2. That is all, it's well worth the $40

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Yummy Blueray Boxset, Dec 29 2011
Disregard the other low posted reviews. Some people don't understand how large the conversions are from a DVD quality to a Blueray. To maintain a Blueray standard you need to have the two discs. Once you watch these movies on blueray you will appreciate them even more. Very happy with the delivery time, the condition, contents of the product and the service was great! Would reccomend everyone to buy. A+++

3.0 out of 5 stars The Saga in glorious Blu-ray...eventually, Dec 26 2011
What I finally ended up with was great, but I had to order twice. The first time I ordered I was sent an open package in poor condition even though there was nothing with my order that suggested that what I was buying was used. I sent back the faulty package, which Amazon took back with no problems and refunded my money. I then re-ordered and got exactly what I ordered and in pristine condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing view into LOTR, Jan. 27 2013
This trilogy gives you 5 discs into each of the epic LOTR movies. Each movie has extended scenes, commentaries from cast/production team/peter jackson & writers, behind the scenes, and very cool transforming the book into a movie.
If you're an LOTR fan like me, watching this trilogy in DVD was not good enough. Although all the special feature discs are in DVD, the films are on Blu-Ray.

5.0 out of 5 stars good deal, Dec 29 2011
Edwin M. Larsen (spruce grove ab canada) - See all my reviews
this extended version is i think the best way for a first timer who has not read the series to see the story of middle earth.even though the shows are roughly 4 hours long it is still put together in excellent an sequenc. some extended versions drag on in parts but peter jackson and his group really did an astounding job. this has to be put in the top category of best ten films ever!

4.0 out of 5 stars well it's ok for the people that preffer the teather edition, April 4 2004
By A Customer
I give it 4 stars though the movies deserve 5 cause if u already have the extended editions this boxset would be useless, i mean in the extended editions u have twice what the teather version gives u plus the whole bunch of features. it's great having the boxset but the extended ones are better, does anyone know when will the extended edition of return of the king will be for sale?

3.0 out of 5 stars Read the books a long time ago and this movie left out so much and added things that were never in the books, July 8 2013
Marcia Elmes (Surrey, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
My kids loved the movie and saw it twice in the theatre and then begged for me to buy it, so I did. I have not watched it again. I can see why they liked it because they had no basis for comparison and are too young to read three big books with small print and no pictures, but I am sure when they do, they will realize my point. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOR Trilogy Sp Ed, May 9 2012
The package arrived in a few days in mint condition. It had extra scenes on each DVD. I haven't got to all the extra DVDs but from what I've seen I like - concept ideas, director's cut.The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (The Fellowship of the Ring / The Two Towers / The Return of the King Special Extended Editions 12 Discs + Widescreen)

5.0 out of 5 stars LOTR Still Dazzles, Dec 22 2012
I bought this box set for cyber monday this year and have recently given the films a workout on my surround sound. Simply stunning quality and attention to detail, easy to see how the franchise won so many awards when they originally came out. Note that the films do take 2 disks each, there is an intermission at the halfway point, which is good since they are so long!

‹ Previous | 116 17 1868 | Next ›