countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on November 17, 2014
Brilliant! Watching the extended version is so much more enjoyable than the theatrical release. Plus at this price, its great value.
on November 11, 2011
Product was delivered earlier than expected, no hassle, no worries. I would recommend theses services to friends and family. Thanks.
on January 8, 2014
This is the way the LoTR movie experience was meant to be seen. This is the extended version, so each movie is well over 3 hours. The quality is excellent of course. There are also a ton of extra features that give you all you could ever need to fill your desire to know everything about the movie, how it was made, and a lot on the Tolkien universe.

If you are a Tolkien fan, this is a must add to your library.
on August 16, 2011
Is it possible to write a bad review on the blu-ray release of The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Limited Extended Edition)?

Nope, I am very pleased. The visuals and sound is amazing and yes the movies are split into 2 parts each cause it's too huge to fit all on one disc but big deal, gotta get my exercise somehow! The box is okay, compact and elegant, the price was a great too. I'm a happy customer!
on March 21, 2004
I suggest definitely reading at least the Hobbit or watching the extra stuff on the DVD's to help appreciate more the trilogy.
I loved this trilogy for the look, music, sound, and feel of it all. Also, I enjoyed the commraderie that was displayed between the characters who were against the land of Mordor. Finally, I liked how the trilogy gave me the idea that even though the journey was hard there was always hope.
on April 23, 2015
Sadly I am one of the few who thinks Peter Jackson is a complete tool. This idiot pursued his own vision of what he thought the Lord of the Rings should be instead of creating a faithful adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's masterpiece. No Tom Bombadil for God sakes! Because of the big budget we'll be at least 30 years before anyone thinks to make a true movie. Too bad Christopher Tolkien is a sell out that cares more about a fast buck than preserving his father's legacy.

The movies tarnish the nobility of both Aragorn and Faramir. Aragorn NEVER wavers in is love for Arwen, and Faramir NEVER tries to take Frodo back. Then Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget cartoons shows up as the chief orc in Return of the King making Sauron's army look comically stupid. The only masterful character is Gollum, kudos to Andy Serkis and the team behind Gollum. Gimli and Frodo are horribly done. These actors especially sucked in portraying their character. Legolas was also done well. I could go on for pages pointing out things not done in a way that would make the series truly awesome.

That being said, 90% of why this series is bad is PETER JACKSON. His perversion of the Tolkien vision has ruined this saga for an entire generation. Now he's done the same with the Hobbit.
on December 28, 2012
Great value, had a really difficult time finding the set, now we are set to enjoy all of the movies together. Really good value..
on December 31, 2012
Ok, I have to say that this is an amazing set. With 4 special feature disks per film, there is a TON of amazing footage to apease any fan. The 1 tiny issue is that the films are still broken into 2 discs each. With the incredibly high quality of the film on Blu-ray discs, the film is still too big to fit on one disc so you have to still swap in disc 2 to finish each film. Other than that, I recommend this set 100%.
on April 2, 2004
I made the mistake of buying the theatrical DVD for Fellowship of the Ring, and then the extended edition came out later. For The Two Towers, I waited and only bought the extended edition. Will do the same for The Return of the King. I do find it anoying that they release the theatrical version so many months before the version they know we really want, hoping we will go ahead and buy it while we are waiting.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 9, 2014
Waited for the price to come down and then pounced. C'mon folks, it's LOTR on Blu-ray... Do I need to say any more???? AWESOME!