5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money
Camera was purchased for my mother and she loves it! It has a few added features to spice things up and takes excellent photos. Easy to use, easy to recharge the battery, very light and all-round excellent little camera! I'm now debating buying one similar to this one for myself!
Published on Nov. 1 2011 by Shadam

2.0 out of 5 stars Blurry photos and video in daily use
Just wanted an easy 'secondary' point and shoot camera with some basic video capture ability - nothing fancy expected - just auto focus and blur reduction was all we were really looking for.

Published on April 9 2012 by Serlin

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, Nov. 1 2011
This review is from: Canon Powershot A2200 14.1 MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom (Red) (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great photos from a Great Little Camera, May 8 2012
Amazon Customer (Calgary, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I've read the mixed reviews and thought I'd take a chance anyway (for the price) plus I happen to like Canon cameras - never had one I didn't like.
This one I like as well!
I wanted a small point-&-shoot camera, and the ancient one I had was another Canon with 4mp. This camera is smaller, lighter, more options and is 14.1mp! I like it a lot! It works very well for everything I've used it for (I've had it a couple of months at least now). I'm sure the naysayers would find fault with anything, but for me this is one great little camera!

2.0 out of 5 stars Blurry photos and video in daily use, April 9 2012

What we got was just the opposite. The auto focus took way too long to 'lock in' and when we tried to activate it (pushing the picture button half-way down) we found it too sensitive and the button most often went fully depressed, taking an unfocused picture. Gah! I found it to be a real pain, but my wife had an even worse time, taking blurred photos half the time.

Video tended to be blurry half the time too - strange, I've never seen that in a camera before. Usually video is just...video. No blur, just simple straight forward video. But this camera seemed to find a way to blur half the videos we took too. It was like starting with a blurred photo and then the entire video just went on that way. Weird.

Pictures indoors (most of ours because we're trying to get pics of the baby/young kids around the house) looked particularly bad. This camera just doesn't seem to like indoor conditions, even with lights on moderate or bright. Best results tended to be outside, when you managed to finesse the auto focus feature into working.

Overall, extremely disappointed with this camera. When baby recently managed to get the zoom lense 'stuck open', I made a five minute effort to fix it and then threw it in the garbage. Being a relatively penurious middle income Dad who is determined to fix anything that breaks around the house, its saying something that I was more than happy to write it off as broken, throw it in the garbage, and make do without until I can get another.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, Feb. 15 2012
I just purchased this Canon in January. I have had the opportunity to play with it a bit and take it on vacation. I find that it takes great videos especially and nice photos.

I am a tad disappointed with the AUTO setting and didn't realize when I purchased the camera that there is an AUTO setting as well as a LIVE setting and an EASY setting. I find that just using the AUTO or EASY settings, that this camera does not adapt to darker atmospheres as well as the LIVE setting. As far as the LIVE setting goes, you are more or less still using it as a point and shoot, but given the opportunity to adjust different camera settings. The booklet I received with the camera did not explain the settings well or even go into what this camera will do. I got a large PDF file on my computer on the different features and will take awhile to learn them all if I want to use them.

The colour of the photos isn't as vibrant as my previous point and shoot cameras. The clarity is great. It has features for shaking as well as facial recognition for eyes being open and focusing on a persons face. These are invaluable to me.

Overall, for the price I paid, I am very happy with my choice. I do feel that if you want to get the best out of this little camera, that you do have to take the time and read the PDF and use some of the many features it provides. I love the fact there is three different settings for the timer, I am not crazy about the silly effects I can use with this camera such as fish-eye effect but am sure other photographer enthusiats would love to play with that. Again, I am disappointed with the dark features when only using AUTO mode or EASY mode.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, Feb. 10 2012
I am very pleased with my new camera and would certainly recommend it to others. It is easy to use and produces an excellent picture.

Don Doran

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel camera, Sept. 19 2013
I take this camera on my travels. It is easy to use and takes very nice pictures. Everything on it I need.
I find it small and very light to carry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, Jan. 3 2013
I wanted an easy to use digital camera for our vacation and got it with this little Canon Camera. I was also impressed by the battery life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised, June 12 2012
S. Labine (Somewhere in Canada) - See all my reviews
I was really surprised when I received this camera; I was expecting a low grade camera that you would only want to use as a last resort. I was mistaken. This camera has been absolutely great.
It takes gorgeous pictures and has so many preloaded effects that makes this camera really fun to play with. Yes some people might agree that it's a basic camera with basic features, but I disagree because it really does have a lot of features, especially considering the price which was below $100. The battery life is great, usually lasting two days of picture shooting and I have absolutely no regrets buying this camera. Great product for an amazing price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my mom, May 7 2012
Nerdygal (Dunnville, ON) - See all my reviews
This camera was bought for my parents as a Christmas gift and so far it's been great. It's easy for my parents to use and my mom who is not a techno whiz isn't overwhelmed by any of the features! She was thrilled with this gift and so far no problems with it so it was a great camera for the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 28 2012
I received the item on time and as it was described. The camera is perfect fit for my mom with good quality pictures

Canon Powershot A2200 14.1 MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom (Red)
CDN$ 160.81