biss boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Showing 11-20 of 40 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on June 23, 2013
If you are a Star Wars fan this is a must have, tons of extra material,
nicely packaged as well, glad I waited for the price to go down,
about a year ago it almost $100 more!
on October 26, 2011
Not being a true fanboy, I never purchased the original VHS, then DVD versions of the movies, so this was my frist real Star Wars movie purchase and I'm happy with what I received. I'll admin that I would rather have had the original versions of the first 3 movies because I'm not a big fan of all the extra creatures they added in the re-releases. I've only managed to get through the first "Extras" disk, and that's a bit disappointing too. Not much content.

THe good: Episodes I, II, & III in HD surround sound. The opening battle scene of Revenge of the Sith will blow your mind.
on January 16, 2016
This box set was a great inexpensive set to purchase if you are just looking to watch the saga in chronological order! Doesn't have many special features though.
on March 5, 2014
The day the original cuts of these movies are released I give five stars, until then it's four stars and a battle cry of "Han Shot First!"
on October 24, 2013
Love having the whole series together..My favourites are the original 3 movies. They are good to have for a rainy day, watch them all at once.
on June 26, 2013
Now that episode 7, 8 and 9 have been announced I guess one day ill have to but the newer more complete complete saga... LUCAS!!!!
on September 22, 2011
Thats how I see this, this entire set, all 6 films, 3 archive discs, beautiful packaging, that takes up 1 1/4 shelf space, and is 5.5" deep, with its beautiful artwork wrapping around Owen Lars's Homestead on Tatooine, stunning interior art (many of which are available in its full glory in Star Wars Art:Visions art book) and unreal picture and sound quality, is now my 'ex girlfriend'. And not just ANY ex girlfriend, but the one where I had a beginning, a Middle, and an End with. Seeing a few minutes of Episode IV on screen tells me just that. My love affair with this series has come to an end, yet the memories are fresh, and they're all good, even the bad memories (I'm looking at you Episode 1!).

This is by far the best these films have ever looked, sounded, and presented. The archives are still some of the best, comprehensive archival footage/art samples/etc you'll find anywhere. Don't expect the web series to be on here for the prequels, nor should you expect direct transfers of the prequel contents on these discs. There are reasons why they were omitted and the reason is because you have to ''pay' to view them on the dvd sets.

Its no doubt the picture quality has been enhanced from its remastered film stock from the 1997 Special Edition re-release, or that they fixed and color timed the special effect sequences to the up most perfection, or that they have in fact, made the Trash compactor monster sounds like a 'monster' (more than the weird yell Obi-Wan gives when saving Luke). Its no doubt that the necessary removal of Yoda in Episode 1 was needed to match the prequel Yoda CGI puppet, still will pale in comparison with that puppet performance in Empire Strikes Back. The biggest problem I have is that Blu Ray is TOO DAMNED GOOD FOR ITS OWN GOOD! The picture quality is superb, but the minor details are as bright as lamp in a dark, mirrored hallway. Some of the lightsaber animation on Luke when he wields it in the Falcon don't match with his movements, (you'd think they'd clean that up but didn't), or how its obvious the Effects layering is presented as the Falcon enters the Death Star the first time (you can clearly see the background star field, the matte painting, the model, and the foreground elements stand out like a cheap after effects comp shot). Blu Ray has made the tiniest details the biggest deal, and that makes me sad.

Film projection HID those imperfections. Hell even DVD hid those imperfections! Laserdisc definitely kept the ugly warts hidden from plain sight, now I can see every nook and cranny of them, and I'm sad for it. I started noticing this when I saw the obvious effects make up on Christopher Lloyd's neck in the first Back to the Future, but this stands out even more. The more I started watching this, the more my heart sank much like when I saw the real Landspeeder in person and saw that they had 'wheels' underneath it, the 4th wall had been torn down and the fantasy of luke's "Flying car" had been destroyed.

This is how i see this whole thing of "old effects movies on blu ray", is this: its like looking at a picture of an old girlfriend you have fond memories off and give a big deep heartfelt 'sigh' when looking at her picture. You know that "its over" but the memories are all good ones. And thats how I felt. "Its over". As a fan since childhood, I feel I have completed my journey to adulthood with this set. (says the guy wearing a boba fett t-shirt drawing monsters for a living!)
on January 27, 2014
However, the quality of the older episodes is not that great. I am still happy with the purchase however. :)
on January 12, 2016
Awesome set but not perfect. They are probably going to release a 4K version anyway...
on March 16, 2015
Got here very fast. Some of the disked skipped but only once or twice. Great movies!