biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on December 30, 2015
Everything started well with this product. Ordering and delivery was excellent! No complaints there. Then I played the movies
The first three played without a problem but the next three was another story. I kept getting either disc not compatible or no disc. Sometimes it started to play then it would freeze. I almost sent the whole thing back. I tried everything I could and eventually the last three played. I haven't tried the bonus discs as yet.
on March 18, 2015
Warning: this complete saga package has "updated" versions of the movies. I prefer the original. I thought I should leave a comment to warn other buyers.
on January 28, 2016
I'm a huge SW fan. We need the original theatrical releases on DVD and Blue-Ray. Most (but not all) of the so-called "enhancements" Lucas added in these versions are simply distracting. And we lost some of the original timing.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2014
For this being the complete saga of Star Wars, I expected higher quality packaging. The paper sleeves leave me cringing at the thought of removing the discs to watch a movie. Hard cardboard surface against disc ... sad really. This review is NOT a reflection of the actual movies, but of the presentation of media source.
on December 23, 2013
The original trilogy (without any 1997 added special effects, that is) isn't there (that was to be expected), but also, the special features of Episodes 4, 5 and 6 (the documentaries, interviews, trailers, etc.) isn't here anymore. Episodes 1, 2 and 3's second discs are nowhere to be found either.

Be careful before buying. Special features aficionados, keep your original DVDs along, because none of them are duplicated on this set, which is a real shame since this makes it once again, a "not ultimate edition".

The offered special features are okay, but do not necessarily give away as much interesting interviews and various subjects as the original ones... Though they would be amazing together.
on November 29, 2015
As much As I love star wars I found the exact box set brand new nothing different about for 45.00
on March 5, 2013
loved the movies
Picture quality was incredible
relive the adventure...until George lucas drops in some really stupid S***

it was great until I watched the last 30 min of Return of the Jedi...then I wanted to cry
on September 9, 2012
I have not purchased this set. But after reading a few of the reviews, it is pretty obvious to me that since the original releaes of Star Wars, the intelligence of the fan base has decreased to that of a roomba. In such a vaccum of intelligence world, I'll I can say is may the force be with us.
0Comment1 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2011
Anyone looking to buy this needs to know that it is the edited version of the original Star Wars, not the original. In other words, Han doesn't shoot first, and any other things that Lucas stuck in after the fact will still be on your Blu-ray. I think the transfer will look great, but there's no way that die-hard Star Wars fans are going to like not getting the original version re-done.
0Comment55 of 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2011
I put a (so far) neutral rating of 3 because I really don't care too much either way, but, while it's true that this is the modified "version", it's the way George Lucas has stated he wants it to be, and every indication is that there WILL NOT be any release of the original cut... at LEAST as long as he's alive.

So you could be waiting a damned long time. Or maybe not... the man isn't exactly young OR fit, so maybe you'll get lucky. Then again, he's absurdly rich, so maybe not. But even with unlimited funds, medicine still can't do everything these days, so I guess it's entirely possible, assuming the person(s) inheriting such rights is willing to release it against his wishes, but that wealth is kind of an obstacle again as it's unlikely anybody inheriting the rights would be in any financial need to do so, unless they had absolutely no respect for their benefactor... and I find it hugely unlikely that George Lucas of all people would be giving such a person these particular rights.

I suppose it's possible you'll get very lucky some way, but it's far more probable that you'll be waiting quite a while for the copyright to lapse, in which case medical science will need to be MUCH kinder to you than it'll be to Mr. Lucas for you to still even be alive to see the day. And when that day comes, BluRay will be but a bit of nostalgia for the few still alive to even remember it.

Point is, unless you're a raging Star Wars nerd who absolutely cannot deal with a few changes, or even are just the rare, possibly first-time-caught-on-tape "normal" person to believe that these changes have made the films utterly unwatchable, I guess it can't hurt to wait and see for a little bit, but I really wouldn't hold my breath.
0Comment8 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse