biss boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on February 3, 2016
Without exception, each of the DVDs freeze in the middle of the movie, we have to fast forward them to see the rest, thus missing segments!
I am usually very satisfied with my Amazon purchases, except this one...
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2015
According to starwars.com, this is just the same thing as the 2011 release of the blu ray box set - only with a different cover...and a higher price tag. Definitely not for someone like me who wants the original versions as well.
0Comment26 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2016
Misleading advertisements
Only one poster not completed saga...
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
First of all, those are the Special Editions so expect changes to all 6 episodes. Second, the packaging is really, really ugly. I like the idea of the paintings and the chosen images but the style is so rough, unfinished even. Yuck. No DVDs included so you're paying more than the 2 trilogy sets while you're getting less. The restauration of the image and sound for all 6 movies is fantastic and will not disappoint fans. This is an odd package with poor packaging, the versions of the original movies you may not want, no DVD or digital copies and most of the Special Features were available on previous DVD releases. Pass.
on September 22, 2012
I bought this movie set from walmart last week. i must say the first three movies are just as i remembered. however when i started into number IV i was completely devastated. i learned they digitalized ALL of the old animation.. and animals....... it is utter crap, they ruined the starwars that i grew up loving and watching a million times. i wouldnt have been so upset if it looked decent but it doesnt it looks really crappy. thats all i have to say.
0Comment3 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2011
Buyer beware... no original version for the original trilogy.

So if you are looking for the old movies with the added CG special affects tacked on the Special Edition... this is not for you
0Comment13 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2011
No need to review the content, as EVERYBODY has seen these films - more than once. Which is why the price does deserve comment.

ANOTHER $100 for Mr. Lucas? I don't think so. I've already shelled out top dollar for a) the panned-and-scanned VHS set; b) the DVDs of all six films; c) the 'upgraded' DVD set with the badly-mastered original versions of the first three films; and, of course, d) numerous theatrical showings, including multiple viewings of the first runs of all six films as well as several of the later re-release runs. Each at a higher price than the last. (At least I skipped over the LaserDisc!) So now Mr. Lucas lives on a vast storybook estate in Marin County, and I live in an electrified hovel in the Northern Wastes, with only my many copies of the Star Wars films to keep me warm.

And now I'm going to pay another $100 for yet another 'definitive' copy? I don't think so - not in this economy. I'll save my money for content I haven't already seen, and 'owned' - and PAID FOR - quite so many times. Or for sanity to return to the content industries, so that the same content can't be re-sold ad infinitum, and repeat customers, as in other businesses, are rewarded, not punished, for their loyalty.

OR at the very least, for the set to be re-re-re-released in 3D and Super Smell-o-Rama. Now THAT might be worth $100...
0Comment48 of 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse