5.0 out of 5 stars Star Wars: The Complete Saga (blu ray)...by George (Lucas), the Force is finally with us all....
VIDEO:

The films were mastered using MPEG-4 AVC 1080p 2.35:1 in 50GB Blu ray discs. There are a total of 9 discs, including lots and lots of supplements.

MOVIES:

THE PREQUEL:

Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace (blu ray) film released 1999
Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of The Clones (blu ray) film released 2002...
Published on Sept. 16 2011 by Dr. Joseph Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars Many personal issues...
The original trilogy (without any 1997 added special effects, that is) isn't there (that was to be expected), but also, the special features of Episodes 4, 5 and 6 (the documentaries, interviews, trailers, etc.) isn't here anymore. Episodes 1, 2 and 3's second discs are nowhere to be found either.

Be careful before buying. Special features aficionados, keep...
Published 8 months ago by Simon Bergeron

‹ Previous | 19 10 1116 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars glad to have bought it, Oct. 3 2011
This review is from: Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) Box Set - [9-Disc Blu-ray] (Bilingual) (Blu-ray)
what can I say, it's a great movie on Blueray.

This is a must have for all you Star Wars fans :)

I watched some of it, and the changes done are not that bad as some have portrait them ... I'm glad I go this collection and at a good price too.

The delivery was fast as well, and packaging was adequate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Price Difference, Feb. 3 2011
I love Star Wars and can't wait for this to launch. One big question though... Why is there such a massive cost difference between the Canadian and U.S. releases? $40 difference and the two currencies are less than $0.01 apart. This is ridiculous.

4.0 out of 5 stars My ex girlfriend...., Sept. 22 2011
Thats how I see this, this entire set, all 6 films, 3 archive discs, beautiful packaging, that takes up 1 1/4 shelf space, and is 5.5" deep, with its beautiful artwork wrapping around Owen Lars's Homestead on Tatooine, stunning interior art (many of which are available in its full glory in Star Wars Art:Visions art book) and unreal picture and sound quality, is now my 'ex girlfriend'. And not just ANY ex girlfriend, but the one where I had a beginning, a Middle, and an End with. Seeing a few minutes of Episode IV on screen tells me just that. My love affair with this series has come to an end, yet the memories are fresh, and they're all good, even the bad memories (I'm looking at you Episode 1!).

This is by far the best these films have ever looked, sounded, and presented. The archives are still some of the best, comprehensive archival footage/art samples/etc you'll find anywhere. Don't expect the web series to be on here for the prequels, nor should you expect direct transfers of the prequel contents on these discs. There are reasons why they were omitted and the reason is because you have to ''pay' to view them on the dvd sets.

Its no doubt the picture quality has been enhanced from its remastered film stock from the 1997 Special Edition re-release, or that they fixed and color timed the special effect sequences to the up most perfection, or that they have in fact, made the Trash compactor monster sounds like a 'monster' (more than the weird yell Obi-Wan gives when saving Luke). Its no doubt that the necessary removal of Yoda in Episode 1 was needed to match the prequel Yoda CGI puppet, still will pale in comparison with that puppet performance in Empire Strikes Back. The biggest problem I have is that Blu Ray is TOO DAMNED GOOD FOR ITS OWN GOOD! The picture quality is superb, but the minor details are as bright as lamp in a dark, mirrored hallway. Some of the lightsaber animation on Luke when he wields it in the Falcon don't match with his movements, (you'd think they'd clean that up but didn't), or how its obvious the Effects layering is presented as the Falcon enters the Death Star the first time (you can clearly see the background star field, the matte painting, the model, and the foreground elements stand out like a cheap after effects comp shot). Blu Ray has made the tiniest details the biggest deal, and that makes me sad.

Film projection HID those imperfections. Hell even DVD hid those imperfections! Laserdisc definitely kept the ugly warts hidden from plain sight, now I can see every nook and cranny of them, and I'm sad for it. I started noticing this when I saw the obvious effects make up on Christopher Lloyd's neck in the first Back to the Future, but this stands out even more. The more I started watching this, the more my heart sank much like when I saw the real Landspeeder in person and saw that they had 'wheels' underneath it, the 4th wall had been torn down and the fantasy of luke's "Flying car" had been destroyed.

This is how i see this whole thing of "old effects movies on blu ray", is this: its like looking at a picture of an old girlfriend you have fond memories off and give a big deep heartfelt 'sigh' when looking at her picture. You know that "its over" but the memories are all good ones. And thats how I felt. "Its over". As a fan since childhood, I feel I have completed my journey to adulthood with this set. (says the guy wearing a boba fett t-shirt drawing monsters for a living!)

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT!!!!, Oct. 19 2011
Image and sound are outstanding!! Episodes I-III looks phenomenal, and I haven't seen Episodes IV-VI look any better.
There's not 1 ...not 2 ...but 4 disks of special features!

To all Real Star Wars fans: this set has to be your collection!
If you disagree, then you've been fooling yourself if you call yourself a "true fan" (or you're just plain cheap).

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 Reasons to buy this., Sept. 17 2011
I'm not going to get into much detail because a lot of the other reviews do that already.

Buy this for a few reasons:
1. All 6 movies in one very snazzy looking display box that will look great on my mantlepiece for a generations.
2. All the bonus footage and documentaries, there's hours and hours of entertainment value here.
3. The picture quality is absolutely stellar(3.), you've never seen the grains of sand from Tatooine like this before!
4. The sounds is perfect absolutely perfect and sets the standard for a balance between dialog, special effects and omg the score is spectacular.

stellar:
- adj
1. of, relating to, involving, or resembling a star or stars
2. of or relating to star entertainers
3. informal outstanding or immense: companies are registering stellar profits

4.0 out of 5 stars Shortcomings of the 6 film box set, Sept. 20 2011
Brownie (Waterloo, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
1) Blu-Ray edit: Each disc takes a long time to load when you put it in the machine. And all that for a simple menu then another long wait to load the next segment or to start the movie. And as far as I can see No "THX" splash! That's PART of the EXPERIENCE!!! (Always turn the sound way up on my 6.1 system for that).

2) So far I have only sampled the video of Episode IV. Excellent Blu-Ray transfer.
Sound seems "authentic to the original" - that is to say they did not update it to the point of perfection and that is for the better.

3) The box set itself is very disappointing.
a) Too tightly packed. Even after removing the sheet with the RFID tags, it is very difficult to remove the set from the sleeve.
b) Discs are not properly stored - each disc slides into a paper/cardboard sleeve. Over time this can only mar both the label and data side - as well as the sleeves. Also have to be careful to insert the discs so the title shows properly (which was not done at the factory, BTW).

4) Bonus - spoofs: It is one long segment without a menu to choose from. You can jump ahead, but you can't navigate directly to a segment. Can't find the "Family Guy" spoof (is it on there at all?).

Thanks Amazon for reducing the price to $79.99 on my pre-ordered set (at $99.99). And today I see the price has bumped back up to $89.99 on Amazon.ca where it remains at $89.99 on [...] (US). What's that all about?

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Aug. 14 2014
Sooooo good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Update, Oct. 26 2011
For anyone who loves Star Wars, or is new to the adventure, this is the the ultimate upgrade. Outstanding picture & phenomenal sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, Oct. 19 2011
I'ts like looking at a new film, so many details having been missed before. A must to add to your collection of Blurays.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbe ! quality A1, Dec 18 2011
Excellente qualité visuelle et sonore ! Très bon achat pour les films mais les bonus sont un peu inutiles, on n'apprend rien de plus.

‹ Previous | 19 10 1116 | Next ›