5.0 out of 5 stars Star Wars: The Complete Saga (blu ray)...by George (Lucas), the Force is finally with us all....
VIDEO:

The films were mastered using MPEG-4 AVC 1080p 2.35:1 in 50GB Blu ray discs. There are a total of 9 discs, including lots and lots of supplements.

MOVIES:

THE PREQUEL:

Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace (blu ray) film released 1999
Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of The Clones (blu ray) film released 2002...
Published on Sept. 16 2011 by Dr. Joseph Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning: this complete saga package has "updated" versions of ...
Warning: this complete saga package has "updated" versions of the movies. I prefer the original. I thought I should leave a comment to warn other buyers.
Published 4 months ago by Enjin

‹ Previous | 17 8 925 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Cliente completement satisfaite !!!, July 6 2013
This review is from: Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) Box Set - [9-Disc Blu-ray] (Bilingual) (Blu-ray)
To everybody who like star wars, it's a very complet pack. Quality of the image, sound, packaging are very good. I higly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Box Set!, Jan. 9 2015
Excellent! Great box set to have. Hours of entertainment for existing Star Wars fans and great introduction to those who are new. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Work perfectly and was vary impressed with the set and ..., July 5 2014
Work perfectly and was vary impressed with the set and how the docs are displayed also the quality of the DVDs where crystal clear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Star Wars, Dec 31 2013
Very exciting to have all the Star Wars in one pack and the extra features are hours and hours of entertainment. So worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars More than Expected, June 15 2014
Up until I bought and watched this series, I'd only ever seen the first episode back in the 70s. I had no idea! Simply, Fantastic!

4.0 out of 5 stars waiting to buy it again..., June 26 2013
Now that episode 7, 8 and 9 have been announced I guess one day ill have to but the newer more complete complete saga... LUCAS!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you want in a BluRay Collection, July 3 2013
Stunning Quality, Makes watching Star Wars for the 100th time incredible. If you're a fan or want your kids to be fans: get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, May 25 2013
All I can say is excellent! Watched the movie recently with my five year old and now that he has seen it; he is now a huge fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT!!!!, Oct. 19 2011
Image and sound are outstanding!! Episodes I-III looks phenomenal, and I haven't seen Episodes IV-VI look any better.
There's not 1 ...not 2 ...but 4 disks of special features!

To all Real Star Wars fans: this set has to be your collection!
If you disagree, then you've been fooling yourself if you call yourself a "true fan" (or you're just plain cheap).

4.0 out of 5 stars My ex girlfriend...., Sept. 22 2011
Thats how I see this, this entire set, all 6 films, 3 archive discs, beautiful packaging, that takes up 1 1/4 shelf space, and is 5.5" deep, with its beautiful artwork wrapping around Owen Lars's Homestead on Tatooine, stunning interior art (many of which are available in its full glory in Star Wars Art:Visions art book) and unreal picture and sound quality, is now my 'ex girlfriend'. And not just ANY ex girlfriend, but the one where I had a beginning, a Middle, and an End with. Seeing a few minutes of Episode IV on screen tells me just that. My love affair with this series has come to an end, yet the memories are fresh, and they're all good, even the bad memories (I'm looking at you Episode 1!).

This is by far the best these films have ever looked, sounded, and presented. The archives are still some of the best, comprehensive archival footage/art samples/etc you'll find anywhere. Don't expect the web series to be on here for the prequels, nor should you expect direct transfers of the prequel contents on these discs. There are reasons why they were omitted and the reason is because you have to ''pay' to view them on the dvd sets.

Its no doubt the picture quality has been enhanced from its remastered film stock from the 1997 Special Edition re-release, or that they fixed and color timed the special effect sequences to the up most perfection, or that they have in fact, made the Trash compactor monster sounds like a 'monster' (more than the weird yell Obi-Wan gives when saving Luke). Its no doubt that the necessary removal of Yoda in Episode 1 was needed to match the prequel Yoda CGI puppet, still will pale in comparison with that puppet performance in Empire Strikes Back. The biggest problem I have is that Blu Ray is TOO DAMNED GOOD FOR ITS OWN GOOD! The picture quality is superb, but the minor details are as bright as lamp in a dark, mirrored hallway. Some of the lightsaber animation on Luke when he wields it in the Falcon don't match with his movements, (you'd think they'd clean that up but didn't), or how its obvious the Effects layering is presented as the Falcon enters the Death Star the first time (you can clearly see the background star field, the matte painting, the model, and the foreground elements stand out like a cheap after effects comp shot). Blu Ray has made the tiniest details the biggest deal, and that makes me sad.

Film projection HID those imperfections. Hell even DVD hid those imperfections! Laserdisc definitely kept the ugly warts hidden from plain sight, now I can see every nook and cranny of them, and I'm sad for it. I started noticing this when I saw the obvious effects make up on Christopher Lloyd's neck in the first Back to the Future, but this stands out even more. The more I started watching this, the more my heart sank much like when I saw the real Landspeeder in person and saw that they had 'wheels' underneath it, the 4th wall had been torn down and the fantasy of luke's "Flying car" had been destroyed.

This is how i see this whole thing of "old effects movies on blu ray", is this: its like looking at a picture of an old girlfriend you have fond memories off and give a big deep heartfelt 'sigh' when looking at her picture. You know that "its over" but the memories are all good ones. And thats how I felt. "Its over". As a fan since childhood, I feel I have completed my journey to adulthood with this set. (says the guy wearing a boba fett t-shirt drawing monsters for a living!)

‹ Previous | 17 8 925 | Next ›