5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the re-buy
This blu-ray box set passed my criteria for "movies I am willing to buy again" for a number of reasons. The main reason was that the apsect ratio problems from the previous DVD box set have been corrected. That alone made this worth buying. The wealth of new bonus features, in addition to many old featurettes, was the second valid reason.

I watched all three...
Published on Dec 29 2010 by LeBrain

1.0 out of 5 stars Wide Screen DVDs replacement
Those of you who UNFORTUNATELY purchased INCORRECTLY FRAMED widescreen version of DVD set, here is the phone number you HAVE TO CALL.
(888) 703-0010
Published on Jan. 21 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the re-buy, Dec 29 2010
LeBrain - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

I watched all three movies plus a smattering of bonus features over the course of the holidays. People, let me tell you something. As crappy as the second movie is, it's much more enjoyable if you watch all three movies in one marathon session. Despite the recasting of Jennifer, the three movies meld together as one like very few other series. Connections not immediately obvious become apparent. Plus, you can't get from 1 to 3 without watching 2.

The 5.1 surround sound was excellent, and the 1080p picture simply great. What is also great is that a lot of the cheesier special effects (particularly makeup) were not ruined by 1080p. The illusions still hold.

As mentioned, the bonus features are ample. There are new featurettes and interviews to go with this 25th anniversary edition, as well as the older ones. There is also the previously seen footage of Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly, enlightening as it is. One thing I haven't gotten around to yet is the "u control" feature.

I am really glad I got this set. I re-gifted my old DVDs to an uncle who doesn't care about aspect rations and was just plain glad to have these awesome movies.

5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars More info on widescreen format errors on II and III discs, June 13 2004
By A Customer
I read somebody else's review from December 2002 about how there were errors on discs 2 and 3, that they weren't really widescreen. I did a little more research and found this information on dvdtown's site:
The most controversial part of the video concerns the framing of the image for widescreen viewing. When Universal went back to the full-frame, open-matte negatives to do the DVDs, they made some changes, intentional or not, from the laser disc framing. Then they issued an official press release as follows: "Universal Studios Home Video is aware of a minor technical framing issue on the 'Back to the Future Trilogy' widescreen DVDs. The framing appears differently from the laserdisc releases for approximately two minutes during 'Back to the Future II' and four minutes during 'Back to the Future III.' The framing difference is unnoticeable to widescreen DVD viewers and does not detract from or interrupt the viewing experience. Consumers with further questions can call (888) 703-0010."
The studio is probably right in saying that the differences are unnoticeable (whether they meant "widescreen" or "full screen" or whatever), because unless a viewer has a photographic memory of the theatrical versions or has the laser discs on hand for direct comparison, there is little to notice. It's doubtful that anyone but the most meticulous "Back to the Future" partisan need worry about any possible framing problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beau format de coffret., Jan. 31 2012
This review is from: Back to the Future: 25th Anniversary Trilogy [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
J'ai été surpris de constater que le format avait changer .Maintenant les trois disques sont dans la meme pochette ,contrairement a l'ancienne version ou ils etaient separés dans un coffret de mauvaise qualité qui ne fermait meme pas.

La qualité des trois films est irréprochable et la trilogie a très bien viellit.

Comme toujours , livraison rapide et marchandise en parfait état.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to the Future Triology on blu-ray (region-free), Nov. 1 2012
The Back to the Future triology is great -- a must-see for all adventure fans. I've watched the movies at least a hundred times, and I still love them.

The blu-rays are very clear, and they make the movies even more fun to watch than the DVDs. When I first ordered the Back to the Future Trilogy on blu-ray, I was worried that they wouldn't work because they were being shipped from the UK and I live in Canada. I haven't had any issues with these blu-rays, and they arrived much quicker than I expected. I got the blu-rays in the mail in about a week and a half.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wide Screen DVDs replacement, Jan. 21 2003
By A Customer
(888) 703-0010
When I called, a lady who showed TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF RELUCTANCE in doing her job answered and AUTOMATICALLY started reading out a WRITTEN MEMO about Universal's awareness of the MESSED-UP DVDs. You leave your address and phone number, then they'll send you a PRE-PAID ENVELOPE for returning DVDs (BTTF part II and III). You send only disks to them, then you'll HAVE TO WAIT until "LATE MARCH to get the fixed version (finally!).
I don't understand why they need physical disks to be sent back. But whether you like it or not, that's how it works, and that's how Universal treats customers. Good luck! :-)
Those of you who FORTUNATELY haven't bought the DVD set yet: WAIT UNTIL APRIL!
-----
As of April 11, 2003, I finally received the replacement DVDs.
It's been more than three months since I originally bought them... Welcome back my disks! :-)
But this does NOT necessarily mean that all BTTF DVDs on the shelf are fixed version. I have no idea how you can confirm it.
Movies are great. No doubt.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!, Jan. 4 2003
E. C. Johnson "loudonhead" (West Hollywood, CA United States) - See all my reviews
"Disappointment" doesn't do justice to this long-anticipated release. What it really is is an insult. Parts 2 and 3 are incorrectly framed, the French language track is out of synch, and there are subtitle occlusion problems with a number of players. It doesn't take long to fix these problems, yet Universal is making buyers wait until LATE FEBRUARY, three months after the release, to offer replacements, which you will have to ship to Universal at your own expense. DO NOT BUY this or any Universal DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars les films que je ne peu me lasser de voir ..., July 11 2014
les films que je ne peu me lasser de voir et revoir, quelle plaisir.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I expected., May 17 2014
My son wanted this for his birthday and it arrived on time and is great condition. Filled with great bonus features.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, Feb. 27 2014
This is was my gift to myself and it is exactly what I wanted. Can I say more, it is great

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, Feb. 22 2014
This blu-ray collection is a must have. For an epic movie like this, you'll definitely want your own copy. I love this movie!

Back to the Future: 25th Anniversary Trilogy [Blu-ray]