march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: DVD|Change

on March 1, 2011
I own almost every recording of Les Miserables as well as the 10th Anniversary DVD and now I have the 25th. I absolutely loved the 25th. It is a thrill to compare all these recordings and each one brings something special to the table. The camera work in this version was excellent. This is my first time hearing Alfie Boe sing and he handles the role of Jean Valjean really well. He is a strong singer, almost as good as Colm Wilkenson in his prime. How wonderful to hear Lea Salonga perform the role of Fantine, what an amazing singer and what emotion, The role of Javert was also well done, but Philip Quast in the 10th was stronger. All the performers held their own, but I did find Nick Jonas as Marius a bit weak. I admit I am comparing him to Michael Ball and in my opinion, no one can hold a candle to Michael Ball. Overall, the cast in the 10th are better, but true Les Miserables fans will want this one as part of their collection. All that is left now is a musical movie version of Les Miserables. So bring it on, I am waiting. By the way, grab the 25th CD recording while you are at it. It's a totally different cast and another opportunity to compare recordings. Oh yes, there is a great surprise at the end of this DVD. 5 stars without hesitation.
on December 31, 2011
Everybody should have this DVD. Beautiful music and setting...we sing along with the players...we can't help it. Music doesn't get any better than this.
on March 6, 2011
The performance was awesome. This performance introduced new talent mixed with the veterns. I was mesmerized for 4 hours...I didn't want it to end. I have see lES MIS on stage multiple times and want to see it again and again. The songs stir emotions and love for the characters. BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO
on April 22, 2011
This is a spectacularly moving rendition of the production. The Blue-ray version provides superb video and the best sound available. Cameron Mackintosh's bringing together the current casts and the original cast provides a tear-jerking finale to a wonderful viewing and listening experience.
on November 8, 2011
SELDOM WILL YOU EVER EXPERIENCE A VERSION THAT IS BEYOND PERFECT , SETS ARE BEAUTIFUL , COSTUMES ARE PERIOD , GUEST ARTISTS ARE MANY AND CAST SELECTION PERFECT ,

EXCEPT NICK JONAS , WHO IS A LITTLE WEAK FOR THE PART . MATT LUCAS IS A PERFECT CHOICE AS THE INN KEEPER .

THIS IS THE BEST VERSION OF LES MISERABLES YET .

RIDDIMDADDY .......
on January 18, 2012
LES MISERABLES: 25TH ANNIVERSARY IS THE VERY BEST MOVIE I HAVE PURCHASED/WATCHED IN A VERY LONG TIME... ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL, TRULY.

IT WAS SO LOVELY I COULD'NT RESIST PURCHASING ANOTHER COPY FOR A DEAR NEIGHBOUR.

MAY YOU ALL BE VERY HAPPY AFTER U HV VIEWED THIS GREAT MOVIE.

BARBARA J WOOD
on October 23, 2011
We bought this DVD for my in-laws, who have seen multiple productions of Les Miseables. They loved it - especially at the end when some of the cast members from previous performances came out. I have never seen the show, and I loved this too!
on July 11, 2011
This version of Les Miz was very nicely done. The video in high definition is outstanding, and the audio is very well done. The only real disappointment was Nick Jonas in the part of Marius. He is obviously not a classically trained singer, as his vocals always come out weak and whiny (I guess he needs an autotuner with him at all times).

Other than that, I highly recommend this version.
on April 7, 2011
I have been a fan of Les Miserables since I first saw it on stage some 25 years ago. This 25th. anniversary production is a credit to Cameron MacIntosh and the many who have played roles in this magnificent production through the years. This Blu-ray enhances the original production with Colm Wilkinson and is a major contribution to the history of this wonderful musical. I highly recommend it to all Les Miserables fans, both young and old.
on August 1, 2015
I am a huge fan of the musical and I was lucky enough to see Alfie Boe perform the role of Jean Val Jean in London in 2011 which made me pick this up. I can't say how amazing the cast is...except for Marius. Alfie Boe (Val Jean), Norm Lewis (Javert), Matt Lucas (Thenardier), and Samantha Barks (Eponine) were especially fantastic. I listened to it without checking who was performing and I have to say that I found Marius to be surprisingly weak compared to the rest of the cast. Perhaps he would have been OK in a regular production, but if I could have given it a 4.5 on Amazon I would have and it would have been a half star deduction just because of him. However everyone else was so fantastic I couldn't make myself do it. I have three songs I really look forward to: Stars, Bring Him Home and Empty Chairs. Two of them are absolutely the best performances of those songs I've ever heard. Sadly Empty Chairs was a total let down in comparison.