5.0 out of 5 stars Add this one to your collection.
Published on March 1 2011 by Ed G

2.0 out of 5 stars missing documentary
I mostly bought this to get that fantastic, hour-long programme about the making of Les Miserables. I've seen the show on stage and on film (with the interesting differences)....and really wanted that documentary.
It's not there.
Published 11 months ago by Roger M. Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Add this one to your collection., March 1 2011
Ed G (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Les Miserables: 25th Anniversary (DVD)
I own almost every recording of Les Miserables as well as the 10th Anniversary DVD and now I have the 25th. I absolutely loved the 25th. It is a thrill to compare all these recordings and each one brings something special to the table. The camera work in this version was excellent. This is my first time hearing Alfie Boe sing and he handles the role of Jean Valjean really well. He is a strong singer, almost as good as Colm Wilkenson in his prime. How wonderful to hear Lea Salonga perform the role of Fantine, what an amazing singer and what emotion, The role of Javert was also well done, but Philip Quast in the 10th was stronger. All the performers held their own, but I did find Nick Jonas as Marius a bit weak. I admit I am comparing him to Michael Ball and in my opinion, no one can hold a candle to Michael Ball. Overall, the cast in the 10th are better, but true Les Miserables fans will want this one as part of their collection. All that is left now is a musical movie version of Les Miserables. So bring it on, I am waiting. By the way, grab the 25th CD recording while you are at it. It's a totally different cast and another opportunity to compare recordings. Oh yes, there is a great surprise at the end of this DVD. 5 stars without hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Les Miserables: 25th Anniversary, Dec 31 2011
This review is from: Les Miserables: 25th Anniversary (DVD)
Everybody should have this DVD. Beautiful music and setting...we sing along with the players...we can't help it. Music doesn't get any better than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Les Mis 25th anniversary, April 22 2011
James Jopling (Perth, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This is a spectacularly moving rendition of the production. The Blue-ray version provides superb video and the best sound available. Cameron Mackintosh's bringing together the current casts and the original cast provides a tear-jerking finale to a wonderful viewing and listening experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - Christmas gift that made my daughters cry., Dec 25 2012
This review is from: Les Miserables: 25th Anniversary (DVD)
I have seen this on TV but having it in my living room is magical, excellent product. Well priced and great value

5.0 out of 5 stars LES MISERABLES; 25th ANNIVERSARY, Jan. 18 2012
This review is from: Les Miserables: 25th Anniversary (DVD)
LES MISERABLES: 25TH ANNIVERSARY IS THE VERY BEST MOVIE I HAVE PURCHASED/WATCHED IN A VERY LONG TIME... ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL, TRULY.

IT WAS SO LOVELY I COULD'NT RESIST PURCHASING ANOTHER COPY FOR A DEAR NEIGHBOUR.

MAY YOU ALL BE VERY HAPPY AFTER U HV VIEWED THIS GREAT MOVIE.

BARBARA J WOOD

5.0 out of 5 stars THE 25 TH IS A BREATHTAKING VERSION, Nov. 8 2011
SELDOM WILL YOU EVER EXPERIENCE A VERSION THAT IS BEYOND PERFECT , SETS ARE BEAUTIFUL , COSTUMES ARE PERIOD , GUEST ARTISTS ARE MANY AND CAST SELECTION PERFECT ,

EXCEPT NICK JONAS , WHO IS A LITTLE WEAK FOR THE PART . MATT LUCAS IS A PERFECT CHOICE AS THE INN KEEPER .

THIS IS THE BEST VERSION OF LES MISERABLES YET .

RIDDIMDADDY .......

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, Oct. 23 2011
This review is from: Les Miserables: 25th Anniversary (DVD)
We bought this DVD for my in-laws, who have seen multiple productions of Les Miseables. They loved it - especially at the end when some of the cast members from previous performances came out. I have never seen the show, and I loved this too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Marius fails, July 11 2011
This version of Les Miz was very nicely done. The video in high definition is outstanding, and the audio is very well done. The only real disappointment was Nick Jonas in the part of Marius. He is obviously not a classically trained singer, as his vocals always come out weak and whiny (I guess he needs an autotuner with him at all times).

Other than that, I highly recommend this version.

2.0 out of 5 stars missing documentary, Sept. 29 2013
Roger M. Brown (Vancouver BC) - See all my reviews
It's not there.
What is there is little more than a lot of flying banner-headlines about the wonderfulness of the show, along with flashes from the documentary....and then back to the main feature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Les Mis 25h. anniversary, May 2 2011
This review is from: Les Miserables: 25th Anniversary (DVD)
I have the 10th. anniversary DVD of Les Mis.This being my all time favourite musical(,have seen it five time,)I enjoyed this 25th.anniversary cast great voices,loved the end when some of the cast members from the 10th. anniversary came on stage to sing.

Les Miserables: 25th Anniversary
Les Miserables: 25th Anniversary by Nick Morris (DVD - 2011)
CDN$ 22.99 CDN$ 17.97