summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools Registry

Format: DVD|Change

on December 25, 2012
I have seen this on TV but having it in my living room is magical, excellent product. Well priced and great value
on April 23, 2013
Having seen the movie first, I was quite curious to see how it was staged and I wasn't dissappointed. I cannot really compare this production with the others, but the end was very impressive with all these singers on stage who over the years enacted the iconic - by now - characters. I know that the actors in the movie version are not professional singers with one or two exceptions, I think, but still I prefer the movie, probably because I've seen it first and because I didn't see the stage versions. Anyway, now I I'm a great fan of the music and I have the DVD-s of the movie and this one, plus the CD with soundtrack of the movie. I think this is quite enough for now. Ever since I've seen the movie the first time I am obsessed with the song at the end when all the characters, dead and alive, sing all in the choir. Yes, I loved it.
on May 2, 2011
I have the 10th. anniversary DVD of Les Mis.This being my all time favourite musical(,have seen it five time,)I enjoyed this 25th.anniversary cast great voices,loved the end when some of the cast members from the 10th. anniversary came on stage to sing.
I have seen the performance many times on television, and once in live theatre. With the releade of the motion picture stsrring Hugh Jackman and Russel Crowe I needed the confirmation that I was the one who knew the nuances of the songs and that what I was hearing and seeing was close, but not quite what my brain remembered.
A classic that should be in everyone's DVD collection, unless they are content to wait for pledge drive for public broadcast tv channels, or it to be circulated through the rotation of a dedicated arts performance or concert channel.
on February 21, 2013
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nick Jonas's invisible box of Les Mis feelings that he apparently holds through the entire performance makes this entire dvd worth purchasing (also, Norm Lewis's, Samantha Barks', and Katie Hall's stellar performances). Also, if you have had a single strong feeling about the tragedy of barricade boys in your life, you owe it to yourself to hear Ramin Karimloo sing you the song of our people (spoiler alert, Ramin and Hadley are the reason Victor Hugo shipped it so hard).
on January 19, 2013
I loved the music, and the fact that it was done on a stage setting. You felt like you were at the theater. Also, enjoyed the part with the original members and future members coming out and singing. Just wondering, the new "Les Miserables" that is for pre-order now, is it the same type of thing, or more like a movie - just wondering, so as to know whether to order it or not. If you could let me know, I would really appreciate it. Thank you. Gillian Overall @ hotmail.com
on May 9, 2013
Worth it just for the Valjean Quartet at the end. Can't go wrong with this incredible musical but Alfie Boe has an amazing voice that just lifts you out of the ordinary into the extraordinary. Many great Valjean's but he is my favorite thus far. The Thenardier's were well done as well. Usually they are so annoying I hit fast forward in other versions but these actor's got the comedy and corrupt morals just right.
on July 7, 2015
It is a beautiful recording, a technical masterpiece. The only thing better would be a Blu-ray of the Royal Albert Hall anniversary performance. This version simply does not equal the performances of that production brilliant as it is. Even though the Albert Hall recording is technically inferior with a number of jarring background noises it has an emotional element that is not present in the O2 production.
on April 8, 2011
I saw the orginal video of this show 25 years ago on VHS. I thought this 25th anniversary performance was amazing. It is over 2hrs long but it sure didn't feel like it. My daughter was able to see it for the firts time and she loved it and keeps asking if we can watch it again. If your a fan of musical theater then I would deffinatly recomend this video.
on January 27, 2013
Les Misérables [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet]An amazing presentation. Master of the House rendition is full of life and humour. Going Home is so emptional when sung during the main presenation but to hear it sung again by the three tenors who have held the star role in performances of the past 25 years is spine chilling