5.0 out of 5 stars A whole family of supers!!!
Published 2 months ago by Andrew J. Watson

2.0 out of 5 stars iTunes or WMP only Digital Download
This is a great movie!!
I'm writing this to let people who are buying this for the digital copy know that it is iTunes or Windows Media Player only.
You will not be able to play this on your Android device.
This sucks for me because I bought this (more expensive version) so I could play it on my tablet and phone from Google Play.
Published 2 months ago by j. coward

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A whole family of supers!!!, July 18 2014
Andrew J. Watson (canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This is my favorite Pixar movie, and trust me, I know that that is saying a lot. There is just so much to love with an entire family of super heroes (all of whom must keep their powers a secret)! Whether it's the son, Dash, using his super speed at school to play pranks, or the father, Mr. Incredible, lifting his car over his head in frustration after work, this movie is truly a pleasure to watch.

After legal law suits started being launched against superheroes, the people no longer supported superheroes and the government restricts them from using their powers. Despite a great marriage and family, Bob truly struggles with letting go of what he was born to do... and his desire to be a hero again is what leads this movie into an action packed masterpiece full of morals and character growth.

The stories phenomenal and the movie remains the most quoted film in my family "Edna Mode.... and guest", "No Capes", "THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED"! Believe me, after watching the movie, each one of these lines will make you smile. The movie is jam packed with action sequences and really shows off with its clever uses of all the different super powers. It's truly one that I still go back to you as a 22 year old and is a movie that I simply can't recommend enough for anyone who loves superheroes.

Ultimately, it's a must buy. This movie was made with love and the Collector's edition is worth every extra penny. Including deleted scenes, background stories and voice entries of 20 original supers (and they are funny and worth listening too), and most importantly JACK-JACK ATTACKS (a short that shows what was happening with the baby while the whole family was away from home).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD, April 19 2005
I love this movie. For me this movie is, without ANY doubt, the greatest super-hero movie made to date. This film displays action sequences that are jaw-dropping in scope, creative in execution, and as thrilling as they are beautiful. This film is a masterpiece. Toy Story and it's sequel are excellent films and I thought that there was no way Pixar could possibly continue creating that level of greatness. While A Bugs Life wasn't one of my favorites, it's still a fantastic film. MONSTERS INC. continued the Pixar tradition of making a better movie. The ending line in that film is one of my favorite closing moments in cinema. It's simple, heartfelt, and provides a beautiful impression that their world will continue in a positive direction despite the end of the movie (something that kids, the target audience, need to know). Finding Nemo, like all other Pixar films, has a strong family message and it provides us with some beautiful visuals. Again, Pixar built upon it's own accomplishments and provided us with a film that will be heralded as a classic and loved by future generations. As impressed as I am with all of the other Pixar films, and as much as I love them, The INCREDIBLES is better. This film succeeds and excels on many levels and it is difficult to express any problem with this movie, however there is one thing that I think parents of small kids need to know about this movie: it is a little more violent that you may expect. This film is rated PG for good reason. It is NOT a G-rated movie, so don't take your kids expecting it to BE a G-rated movie. In this movie people die. None of the death is really shown, and there's no blood, but I was a little surprised at the number of henchmen that are killed off. Also, I referred to the villain as murderous, and there is a reason. He is a murderer and takes delight in holding that kind of power over other people. The message is never confused and you never cheer for the bad guy. Must also recommend the movie, ICE AGE. Great fun!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Incredibles, Sept. 7 2012
Scoopriches (Toronto, Ontario) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
NEWSFLASH! The unstoppable Mr. Incredible has just foiled robbers stealing rare precious jems! All with the able assistance of the amazing Elastigirl! More details to follow!!

This was the reality of our world until the Age Of Heroes ended. These great Champions of Valour kept the peace and helped all mankind. Now they are retired and living lives of conformity in suburbia. But what if one dusted off the old leotard? Would the adventures begin again? And at what price?

It's Really About Family!
Even with all the fun fights, daring rescues, and death defying stunts, The Incredibles is really all about this one family. Yes, they are all superheroes. And yes, they all have problems. But when a crisis of infinite proportions rears its ugly head of evil, they assemble together and dispense justice. Individually, they incredible. Together, they are The Incredibles!

Jack Jack!!
The one hero who gets the absolute least screen time is actually my favourite. Jack Jack the baby. His powers are impressive, his skill is legend (wait for it...) dary, and his babysitter is still in therapy. When Jack Jack hits kindergarden, watch out! I hope they have their insurance up to date.

NO CAPES!!!
If their is one thing we all can learn from this gem of a film is the following maxim: NO CAPES!!! They get caught on things, you can trip over them, they can catch on fire, and they never look good with the rest of your outfit. A clashing outfit is a terrible thing.

The Incredibles is an adventure wrapped in a journey twisted around a mystery. You will cheer on this family of heroes as they save the day, all while having the time of their lives. The Age Of Heroes Is Back!!!!

Scoopriches

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredibles!, April 10 2005
Fonzine (Chisasibi, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
When I forst bought this DVD, I honestly didn't know what to expect. My niece knew about them, my neighbors, many friends...I was truly amazed by this movie. It made me feel like a kid...again! The textures are true-to-life. The story is funny and so adequate for super-heroes. I loved every bit of it. I also liked the fact that you could adjust to settings to have the best picture (THX setting). I watched it once and I knew I had to watch it again, just I case I missed some of the fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Incredibles (blu ray)...another "Incredible" Pixar video/audio presentation, April 14 2011
Dr. Joseph Lee (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (#1 HALL OF FAME)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Incredibles [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Blu-ray)
Video: This AVC/1080p transfer on a BD-50 disc is simply top-notched. There is outstanding detail. It is a dazzling extravaganza of sights and an assortment of brilliant colours. Primaries are rendered with vividly rich saturation, leaping off the screen with energy. Contrast is perfectly balanced with crisp, clean whites, giving the picture plenty of pop. Luxuriant, inky black levels are consistent from beginning to end. The cast is brilliant here with Craig T. Nelson and Holly Hunter as the husband and wife crime fighting team along with Samuel L. Jackson as Lucius Best/Frozone. (5/5)

Audio: The DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack is pure reference. The listening area is enveloped with tons of activity in the rears, creating a holographic 360-degree soundfield in my 9 speaker home theatre, which is simply marvelous. There are pinpoint discrete effects from every speaker: whether we're in the offices of the insurance company where Bob works, or deep in the jungles of Syndrome's remote island, we are immersed in the clear, discrete sounds of ringing phones or the wild cries of exotic birds. (5/5)

Trivia: Did you know that the city of Metroville, where most of the story takes place, is a combination of Metropolis and Smallville, which are, respectively, the cities where Superman lives and where he was raised. In the beginning of the film (supposedly before they were relocated), Bob, Helen and Lucius Best (Frozone) are living in Municiberg, another play on Metropolis, both roughly meaning "hometown".

Factual errors: (1) During the scene with the missiles, Mrs. Incredible hits a button that says "chaff". Instead of chaff, flares are released. Chaffs and flares are two different types of counter-measures against missiles. (2) When Mr. Incredible's Message tablet self-destructs, it creates smoke which sets off the water sprinklers. Water sprinklers are heat activated, not smoke activated.

This movie has an estimated budget of $92 million. In US, it grossed $261 million, while its gross worldwide was a much deserved $625 million!

"The Incredibles" is Pixar's first CG animated film to feature an all-human cast, which takes a terrific look at the humdrum of suburban middle-aged life. The story comes with a wonderfully memorable cast of characters and tons of explosive action. It is highly entertaining for the whole family. Both the video and audio are simply perfect, and "The Incredibles" is a great demo disc to show off your home theatre. Very highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW - didn't expect to be *this* impressed, March 25 2005
By A Customer
We bought this a week ago and have already seen it twice. We have also recommended it to multiple friends. You will enjoy the movie itself and the short, on the second DVD, about Jack Jack.
The rest of the extras? I could do without them as I think they take away from the movie, but to each his own.
Sit back and enjoy !

5.0 out of 5 stars So far this is the best movie from Disney and Pixar, June 10 2005
By A Customer
This movie so far has to be one of the best movies from Disney and Pixar. Every thing about this movie is awsome, the surrond sound, the animation, everything. Of curse I give this movie 5 stars, it's it's it's just (see I'm speech less). I think every person on The Almighty God's planet should get this movie, that means adults to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!, April 9 2005
By A Customer
Fantastic! An original and entertaining movie that will be just as entertaining (if not more) to adults as to children.It is fast paced and action packed; am looking forward to more Incredible movies from these Incredibles!

2.0 out of 5 stars iTunes or WMP only Digital Download, July 6 2014
This is a great movie!!
You will not be able to play this on your Android device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly Classic., May 26 2014
This review is from: The Incredibles [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Blu-ray)
I loved it when I saw it in the theatres, and I love it on bluray.

I'm a huge fanboy, and have been ever since I can remember picking up my first comic book at a local grocery store. To see major comic genre tropes, like monologing and capes, shown in a different (animated) light was refreshing and hilarious. Well done, Pixar. Well. Done.nD

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›