4.0 out of 5 stars These cars are just too sweet!,
Published on July 1 2007 by Jenny J.J.I.

3.0 out of 5 stars Satisfactory
When I opened the DVD I was rather annoyed that the case was broken. Other than that the DVD played fine and the case was easy to replace. Was more of an annoyance more than anything.
Published 10 months ago by xo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars These cars are just too sweet!,, July 1 2007
Jenny J.J.I. "A New Yorker" (That Lives in Carolinas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Cars (Widescreen) (DVD)
Criticism of this movie is a mystery to me. My kids has so far place this movie on there top ten mini lists. I have yet to see a bad Pixar film (even "A Bug's Life" is still entertaining, for kids anyway) and the only reason that I can think of is how difficult it is to follow a film of such real quality like "The Incredibles". I'm honestly struggling to think of a fault with this film which is bright, colourful, noisy and funny - perfect for the younger members of your family. But there is also more than enough for the adults to enjoy as well, not even mentioning the exceptionally high standard of animation and voice casting. "Cars" introduces us to a world where there are no people and cars are alive (and not just cars - helicopters, SUVs, tractors, you name it).

Once you've adjusted yourself to the quirky world of "Cars" then you're in for a real treat. The first thing you notice is the epic scale of the thing and how wonderful it all looks. Whether it's crowded stands at a stadium or the timeless beauty of the Grand Canyon, Pixar provides further proof (if any were needed) that they are the new masters of animation. Everything is bright and full of colour and life and after a while, you even forget that you're watching a cartoon altogether! I thought that a new standard had been reached in animation with "The Incredibles" but this looks even better than that. The voice casting is also superb, as always, with Newman and Wilson leading a cast of real quality. Even finding Jeremy Clarkson and Michael Schumacher in cameos was a real blast, although American audiences probably would have enjoyed (and recognised) Jay Leno or Mario Andretti a bit more. Some characters maybe weren't as defined as others - low-rider Ramone (Cheech Marin) and 50's cruiser Flo (Jenifer Lewis) weren't as defined as others and didn't feel part of the story - but with so much on screen (especially during the race sequences), it's easy to lose some aspects of the film in the noise and spectacle.

The dialogue is littered with one-liners while references and in-jokes abound (Lightning's tyre, for example, are called "Lightyears"). The pace of the movie also fitted the story - fast and loud at the start, slow and quiet in Radiator Springs - and the whole thing is filled with the typically enthusiastic imagination that Pixar infuse their pictures with. However, for all of the technical brilliance of "Cars", I still prefer "The Incredibles" - it's more fun and doesn't sag in the middle as much as this did. But "Cars" is still a wonderful film and one that appears to have been underrated already by certain other critics. Don't listen to them - this is a family film of genuine class and quality and you'll be missing out if you don't watch it. Vroom-vroom!

5.0 out of 5 stars LLLLLLLLLovveeeeeeeeed IT !!!!!!!!!!!!, Nov. 20 2006
Katharine L. Bradford "Katharine" (Saint John, New Brunswick Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cars (Widescreen) (DVD)
Went and seen this with my ex and our son.I been waiting for it to come out.I think the adults enjoyed it more than our son although he loved it.I thought it was hilarious and for young and old...........some of the jokes and such would be over a child's head cus of different generation but made it loveable for all to see

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful movie, Nov. 8 2006
This review is from: Cars (Widescreen) (DVD)
Cars is different from the rest of the Pixar works because its a bit more mature and slower paced. However it has the same heart and soul that makes the movies great and I loved it. Shirley, Pixar is the one that makes the good stories... not Disney... the merging is going to result in Pixar saving Disney from the craphole theyve been in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, July 5 2014
This review is from: Cars (Blu-ray + DVD) (Bilingual) (Blu-ray)
Great kids movie - all my grandsons enjoyed it and still watch it regularly

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 3 2014
Gabriel Daniel (Montreal, Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cars (Blu-ray + DVD) (Bilingual) (Blu-ray)
Très bon service et produit.
Merci,
Gabriel Daniel

5.0 out of 5 stars kept my 2 year old grandson's attention, June 1 2014
This review is from: Cars (Full Screen Edition) (DVD)
My 2 year old grandson inherited many 'McQueen' clothes but hadn't seen the movie. He usually doesn't sit still for long, but he didn't budge once while the movie was playing. He talked to the t.v., laughed and was totally enthralled. I liked the story as well, thank goodness as Cars has become his favourite movie.

3.0 out of 5 stars Satisfactory, Nov. 21 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars it skips, Oct. 1 2013
This review is from: Cars (Widescreen) (DVD)
i bought this for my autistic son , and it skips. not impressed, i thought that i could trust that it would be in condition. est tres tres naife.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better on Blu-Ray, Sept. 29 2013
This review is from: Cars (Blu-ray + DVD) (Bilingual) (Blu-ray)
This movie is one of Disneys best. Blu-ray version had a few extras in the movie and my son and I loved it again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cars, Aug. 20 2013
This review is from: Cars (Widescreen) (DVD)
Good delivery. I return the product because it is only in English. At home, spoken mainly in French. I would have liked better that he be bilingual.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Cars (Blu-ray + DVD) (Bilingual)
Cars (Blu-ray + DVD) (Bilingual) by John Lasseter (Blu-ray - 2011)
CDN$ 44.99 CDN$ 23.65