5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Younger Kids
My 3 year old daughter loves this movie and has been watching it since she was 1 1/2. It has everything that she could want. A humorous but not overly complicated storyline, great animation with loveable characters and wonderful songs and music. I can't count the number of times that we have watched this movie.

The best thing about Cars, and what many kid's...
Published on Nov. 27 2010 by RobCons

3.0 out of 5 stars Satisfactory
When I opened the DVD I was rather annoyed that the case was broken. Other than that the DVD played fine and the case was easy to replace. Was more of an annoyance more than anything.
Published 13 months ago by xo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Younger Kids, Nov. 27 2010
This review is from: Cars (Widescreen) (DVD)

The best thing about Cars, and what many kid's movies lack, is the abilty for very young kids to watch it. It doesn't really have a "bad guy" that would scare a very young child like most of the original Disney movies and some of the new Pixar or Dreamworks movies. It doesn't have a heavy story like Ice Age (mother dying and child trying to be eaten). It doesn't have the violence that many of the other animated kids movies, including Pixar movies, have such as The Incredibles or Monsters Inc. Now I'm not the kind of parent that shelters their kids from this stuff. Now that she's 3 1/2 she watches almost all of the movies I just mentioned. It's just nice to have a movie like cars that doesn't need a lot of explaining or screening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ka-Chow!, March 12 2008
Nathan Poitras (Calgary, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cars [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I'll agree that Cars isn't the best Pixar offering (that would be Finding Nemo, Ratatouille or The Incredibles - I can't decide), but it's not the worst either (that would be A Bug's Life) However, I'm rating the Blu-Ray disc here, and I've got to say, it looks and sounds incredible! I actually enjoyed Cars a lot more on blu than on DVD and even at the theatre, the transfer is that good. A huge upgrade on the standard DVD version and definitely worth your hi-def dollar. So while the movie itself isn't the cream of the Pixar crop, it's still heads and tails above all other animation studios' films and the pristine video and audio is the cherry on top.

5.0 out of 5 stars What boy doesn't love this movie???, Dec 29 2009
M. Lebel "Diva Mom" (Ottawa, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cars (Full Screen Edition) (DVD)
My 3 year old son LOVES LOVES LOVES this movie! Exciting, colourful and full of action! Also fun for adults who watch it and can catch the smaller more subtle references like "VW Beetles" that represent flies and all the nuances of the "Cars" world. Highly recommend for any boy or girl who love cars/racing and action! We've watched it hundreds of times already! Pixar has done it again!!

4.0 out of 5 stars These cars are just too sweet!,, July 1 2007
Jenny J.J.I. "A New Yorker" (That Lives in Carolinas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Cars (Widescreen) (DVD)
Criticism of this movie is a mystery to me. My kids has so far place this movie on there top ten mini lists. I have yet to see a bad Pixar film (even "A Bug's Life" is still entertaining, for kids anyway) and the only reason that I can think of is how difficult it is to follow a film of such real quality like "The Incredibles". I'm honestly struggling to think of a fault with this film which is bright, colourful, noisy and funny - perfect for the younger members of your family. But there is also more than enough for the adults to enjoy as well, not even mentioning the exceptionally high standard of animation and voice casting. "Cars" introduces us to a world where there are no people and cars are alive (and not just cars - helicopters, SUVs, tractors, you name it).

Once you've adjusted yourself to the quirky world of "Cars" then you're in for a real treat. The first thing you notice is the epic scale of the thing and how wonderful it all looks. Whether it's crowded stands at a stadium or the timeless beauty of the Grand Canyon, Pixar provides further proof (if any were needed) that they are the new masters of animation. Everything is bright and full of colour and life and after a while, you even forget that you're watching a cartoon altogether! I thought that a new standard had been reached in animation with "The Incredibles" but this looks even better than that. The voice casting is also superb, as always, with Newman and Wilson leading a cast of real quality. Even finding Jeremy Clarkson and Michael Schumacher in cameos was a real blast, although American audiences probably would have enjoyed (and recognised) Jay Leno or Mario Andretti a bit more. Some characters maybe weren't as defined as others - low-rider Ramone (Cheech Marin) and 50's cruiser Flo (Jenifer Lewis) weren't as defined as others and didn't feel part of the story - but with so much on screen (especially during the race sequences), it's easy to lose some aspects of the film in the noise and spectacle.

The dialogue is littered with one-liners while references and in-jokes abound (Lightning's tyre, for example, are called "Lightyears"). The pace of the movie also fitted the story - fast and loud at the start, slow and quiet in Radiator Springs - and the whole thing is filled with the typically enthusiastic imagination that Pixar infuse their pictures with. However, for all of the technical brilliance of "Cars", I still prefer "The Incredibles" - it's more fun and doesn't sag in the middle as much as this did. But "Cars" is still a wonderful film and one that appears to have been underrated already by certain other critics. Don't listen to them - this is a family film of genuine class and quality and you'll be missing out if you don't watch it. Vroom-vroom!

5.0 out of 5 stars LLLLLLLLLovveeeeeeeeed IT !!!!!!!!!!!!, Nov. 20 2006
Katharine L. Bradford "Katharine" (Saint John, New Brunswick Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cars (Widescreen) (DVD)
Went and seen this with my ex and our son.I been waiting for it to come out.I think the adults enjoyed it more than our son although he loved it.I thought it was hilarious and for young and old...........some of the jokes and such would be over a child's head cus of different generation but made it loveable for all to see

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful movie, Nov. 8 2006
This review is from: Cars (Widescreen) (DVD)
Cars is different from the rest of the Pixar works because its a bit more mature and slower paced. However it has the same heart and soul that makes the movies great and I loved it. Shirley, Pixar is the one that makes the good stories... not Disney... the merging is going to result in Pixar saving Disney from the craphole theyve been in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, April 8 2010
This review is from: Cars [Blu-ray] [Import] (Blu-ray)
Bought the same set at Walmart for quite a bit more. My grandson is a "Cars" nut so this is a must have in our family. It is great entertainment for young and old. The bonus collector cars are a nice addition to the set

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, July 5 2014
This review is from: Cars (Blu-ray + DVD) (Bilingual) (Blu-ray)
Great kids movie - all my grandsons enjoyed it and still watch it regularly

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 3 2014
Gabriel Daniel (Montreal, Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cars (Blu-ray + DVD) (Bilingual) (Blu-ray)
Très bon service et produit.
Merci,
Gabriel Daniel

5.0 out of 5 stars kept my 2 year old grandson's attention, June 1 2014
This review is from: Cars (Full Screen Edition) (DVD)
My 2 year old grandson inherited many 'McQueen' clothes but hadn't seen the movie. He usually doesn't sit still for long, but he didn't budge once while the movie was playing. He talked to the t.v., laughed and was totally enthralled. I liked the story as well, thank goodness as Cars has become his favourite movie.

Cars (Blu-ray + DVD) (Bilingual)
Cars (Blu-ray + DVD) (Bilingual) by John Lasseter (Blu-ray - 2011)
CDN$ 44.99 CDN$ 34.99